Science Forums

Love with an artificial heart........

Kizzi

So when the bible goes on about being "Hard Hearted" really they mean "Hard Minded".

:shrug: ;) :evil:

One could draw this distinction but remember that the human is composed of three parts; Mind, body, and spirit. Some may choose to catagorize this term "hard hearted" as "mean spirited". It is however very difficult to draw a line between the mind and spirit. There are those at this forum that will argue that there is either no difference or will simply refuse to accept the existence of a spirit as such. I myself am a Christain and choose to believe in this third atribute of the human composite. For me, the spirit is that part of us that is eternal and will exist forever whether in Heaven or whether in Hell. I'm sure many will disagree but this is what I choose to believe, everyone is free to believe what ever they also choose.

i find it very simple to separate mind and spirit, mind in the conscious controlled action, spirit is the subconscious uncontrolled actions.

i'd also ask if their isn't a hypermind one that exists above the consciousness controlled by the cerebellum as much as motor reflex.

if we can have reflexive movments we can have reflexive thought, and since we have reflexive thought can there not be entire systems of such instant machine like thought controlling or motives?

subconscious deals with very hard problems that the conscious mind can't cope with all at once, the back burner.

the conscious mind assembles the pieces of though provided by the subconscious mind, allowing one to think on the fly.

the hypermind, instant/assumptive reasoning based on direct memory access and reflex, the part of the mind that recalls results of various experiences and provides instant how-did-i-know-that-without-even-thinking about it feats of mental gymnastics.

add wifi based telepathy (evolution of cell phones) to that and you'll get a mental internet perhaps with unlimited bandwidth.