Science Forums

Mask Rules Expand

Birx Wants Them in Homes; Robots Will Make Sure You’re Wearing Them.

As the debate on mandated mask-wearing continues to rage in an almost-berserk manner, the latest headlines feature a step-up in making sure you’re compliant with whatever rules come down the line. To that end, robots may be put to use in public buildings and transport systems to scan your face and remind you to put on your mask if you’re not wearing it.

How that might be extended to home use is anybody’s guess, but if Dr. Deborah Birx gets her way, you’ll be wearing masks there, too. “You need to really consider wearing a mask at home, assuming that you're positive, if you have individuals in your households with comorbidities," Birx said on CNN.

In other news CNN reported that some mask-wearing countries are considering putting pressure on non-mask countries to get onboard and require their citizens to wear masks, too. For example, Sweden, Finland and The Netherlands have taken the stance that masks “are pointless.” 

Finland decided not to mandate masks the end of May, citing studies that “five of eight systematic reviews found no evidence that the use of masks would provide any benefit in controlling sources of infection or protecting healthy persons from exposure to respiratory infections.”

Even Dr. Anthony Fauci, who is the face of the COVID-19 team in the U.S., was recorded in an interview saying that although wearing a mask might make you feel better, it might only block a drop of the virus. “There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask,” he said.

Fauci later changed his mind and began recommending mask-wearing, but he still told NPR he didn’t regret advising people not to wear them earlier.

Confounding the debate is a warning on mask boxes that says they "will not provide any protection against COVID-19 (coronavirus)." The warning’s real, but you should still wear the mask, the CDC says, to “help prevent the spread of the disease by blocking respiratory droplets that leave a person's mouth while coughing, sneezing or talking.”

To top it off, Canada’s chief public health officer Dr. Theresa Tam said that mask-wearing as well as physical distancing could be in place for another two or three years, even with a vaccine.

SOURCES:

https://blogs.mercola.com/sites/vitalvotes/archive/2020/08/05/mask-rules-expand-birx-wants-them-in-homes-robots-will-make-sure-you_1920_re-wearing-them.aspx

CNN August 4, 2020

CNN August 2, 2020

Summit News August 4, 2020

WUSA9 June 25, 2020

YouTube July 15, 2020

Utiset May 29, 2020

CBC News August 4, 2020

NPR July 16, 2020

Edited by Thoth101

The virus does not care what you like or what you want, it does not care that you think it's a big conspiracy, or that it's infringing your right.

It just DOES NOT CARE, all these measures are intended to get this under control so people do not get the virus and do not die from it.

And, the clock is ticking, if you let it get out of control in a population (like the US) and do not do the work you need to get it under control and remove it from the population, in time it WILL mutate, it might then kill 4 in 10 people, and if there is a vaccine it might not work on the mutation.

This is not a conspiracy, it's not deliberate to make people money or for any other crazy reason, it's not man made.

What is man made is the US's terrible response to the virus.. One of the most powerful nations on the planet and you can't fix this problem (but everyone else can).

The virus does not care what you like or what you want, it does not care that you think it's a big conspiracy, or that it's infringing your right.

It just DOES NOT CARE, all these measures are intended to get this under control so people do not get the virus and do not die from it.

And, the clock is ticking, if you let it get out of control in a population (like the US) and do not do the work you need to get it under control and remove it from the population, in time it WILL mutate, it might then kill 4 in 10 people, and if there is a vaccine it might not work on the mutation.

This is not a conspiracy, it's not deliberate to make people money or for any other crazy reason, it's not man made.

What is man made is the US's terrible response to the virus.. One of the most powerful nations on the planet and you can't fix this problem (but everyone else can).

So I take it you live in fear of a virus that is no worse then a flu. You take the bait hook, line and sinker and follow you masters and experts and your MSM. I have to ask, how can you handle being under such mind control?

And whether it was deliberate or not entities are making tons of money of the virus. And it definitely isn't the middle class or poor. I suggest you do better research and get your head out the sand.

Forbes compiled a list of 10 health care billionaires who collectively raked in more than $7 billion since March 11, 2020 — the day the World Health Organization (WHO) declared COVID-19 a global pandemic

• Topping the list is Stéphane Bancel, CEO of Moderna, the biotech firm that’s seen as the frontrunner for developing a COVID-19 vaccine
  • As of June 18, 2020, U.S. billionaire wealth increased $584 billion, or 20%, since the start of the pandemic
  • Since March 18, the number of U.S. billionaires increased from 614 to 643; during the same period, more than 45.5 million Americans filed for unemployment
  • CNBC’s Jim Cramer said the pandemic and resulting lockdown paved the way for “one of the greatest wealth transfers in history”
  • While many big businesses are coming out unscathed or even in a better position financially, small businesses are closing their doors.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2020/07/07/billionaires-getting-rich-off-coronavirus-pandemic.aspx

I live in the US and I still have not seen one sick person from Covid. It is all BS! And I ask you, if the virus is so bad, why do people need to get tested for it to tell them they have it? Why? Because it is total BS and they fooled you well.

Edited by Thoth101

Even the experts say that masks may be helpful in only a few situations.

OK, but look at this pair of interesting facts in juxtaposition:

1. One of the symptoms of covid is shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
  2. According to experts, face masks shouldn’t be used by people who have trouble breathing

The takeaway is, although face masks may do some good in some cases, they can do some harm in other cases. Therefore, mandatory use by all is dangerous and an overreach of authority.

A couple of other interesting facts:

Almost all people who need to be hospitalized “for covid-19” have other existing comorbidities. The most common comorbidities are hypertension, obesity, and diabetes. Many of the patients have all three, but of course, should they die, the cause of death will be listed as covid!

The claim that there are “excess deaths” in 2020 is true. But that happens to be true every year! The reason why is the baseline used is an average of all deaths over the past five years without taking into consideration the population is growing every year.

That is the same as saying the number of deaths in the US, in 2020 should be the same as the number of deaths in 2017, even though the population has increased by almost 9 million people since 2017. That is absurd! If the death rate is about 1%, that would account for 90 thousand “excess deaths” right off the bat. A mathematical creation!

Surely, there is a new virus out there and it can kill the most vulnerable among us, but most of the infected people won’t even know it unless they are tested for it. That is hardly anything to panic about.

Even the experts say that masks may be helpful in only a few situations.

OK, but look at this pair of interesting facts in juxtaposition:

1. One of the symptoms of covid is shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
  2. According to experts, face masks shouldn’t be used by people who have trouble breathing

The takeaway is, although face masks may do some good in some cases, they can do some harm in other cases. Therefore, mandatory use by all is dangerous and an overreach of authority.

A couple of other interesting facts:

Almost all people who need to be hospitalized “for covid-19” have other existing comorbidities. The most common comorbidities are hypertension, obesity, and diabetes. Many of the patients have all three, but of course, should they die, the cause of death will be listed as covid!

The claim that there are “excess deaths” in 2020 is true. But that happens to be true every year! The reason why is the baseline used is an average of all deaths over the past five years without taking into consideration the population is growing every year.

That is the same as saying the number of deaths in the US, in 2020 should be the same as the number of deaths in 2017, even though the population has increased by almost 9 million people since 2017. That is absurd! If the death rate is about 1%, that would account for 90 thousand “excess deaths” right off the bat. A mathematical creation!

Surely, there is a new virus out there and it can kill the most vulnerable among us, but most of the infected people won’t even know it unless they are tested for it. That is hardly anything to panic about.

That is all very reasonable.

I want to add, I think it should be up to the individual if they want to wear a mask or not. And why is it now all of a sudden masks are mandatory everywhere. When this supposed virus started atleast 7 months ago. And now they want to make it mandatory? I think they were slowly getting us use the idea and it is the totalitarian tiptoe. Even my work said we have to wear them till next year. I say WTF!

So I take it you live in fear of a virus that is no worse then a flu. You take the bait hook, line and sinker and follow you masters and experts and your MSM. I have to ask, how can you handle being under such mind control?

And whether it was deliberate or not entities are making tons of money of the virus. And it definitely isn't the middle class or poor. I suggest you do better research and get your head out the sand.

Forbes compiled a list of 10 health care billionaires who collectively raked in more than $7 billion since March 11, 2020 — the day the World Health Organization (WHO) declared COVID-19 a global pandemic

• Topping the list is Stéphane Bancel, CEO of Moderna, the biotech firm that’s seen as the frontrunner for developing a COVID-19 vaccine
  • As of June 18, 2020, U.S. billionaire wealth increased $584 billion, or 20%, since the start of the pandemic
  • Since March 18, the number of U.S. billionaires increased from 614 to 643; during the same period, more than 45.5 million Americans filed for unemployment
  • CNBC’s Jim Cramer said the pandemic and resulting lockdown paved the way for “one of the greatest wealth transfers in history”
  • While many big businesses are coming out unscathed or even in a better position financially, small businesses are closing their doors.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2020/07/07/billionaires-getting-rich-off-coronavirus-pandemic.aspx

I live in the US and I still have not seen one sick person from Covid. It is all BS! And I ask you, if the virus is so bad, why do people need to get tested for it to tell them they have it? Why? Because it is total BS and they fooled you well.

That being said, the virus DOES NOT CARE, even if it is a huge conspiracy (if it is it's the most stupid plan in history to make money), the virus still does not care. 

And BTW: the 160,000 people who have died from it in 2020 REALLY don't care if you think it is a conspiracy or not, or if you think you have a right to infect people because you are too stupid or arrogant to wear a mask in a high infection area (like the US). 

But as you can see the US is paying a huge price for it's arrogance and ignorance, 160,000 people would like to disagree with you, and the virus DOES NOT CARE WHAT YOU THINK.. (or even IF you think).. 

That being said, the virus DOES NOT CARE, even if it is a huge conspiracy (if it is it's the most stupid plan in history to make money), the virus still does not care. 

And BTW: the 160,000 people who have died from it in 2020 REALLY don't care if you think it is a conspiracy or not, or if you think you have a right to infect people because you are too stupid or arrogant to wear a mask in a high infection area (like the US). 

But as you can see the US is paying a huge price for it's arrogance and ignorance, 160,000 people would like to disagree with you, and the virus DOES NOT CARE WHAT YOU THINK.. (or even IF you think).. 

I also don't care about a virus or germ theory. I have no fear of it. You are free to live in fear of it as the controllers want you to do. I myself have no fear nor am I controlled by fear. I am that I am that I am that I am.

Ponder on this:

Fear weakens our immune system and can cause cardiovascular damage, gastrointestinal problems such as ulcers and irritable bowel syndrome, and decreased fertility. It can lead to accelerated ageing and even premature death.

Fear is good business, and viruses generate fear most efficiently.

Edited by Thoth101

I also don't care about a virus or germ theory. I have no fear of it. You are free to live in fear of it as the controllers want you to do. I myself have no fear nor am I controlled by fear. I am that I am that I am that I am.

Ponder on this:

Fear weakens our immune system and can cause cardiovascular damage, gastrointestinal problems such as ulcers and irritable bowel syndrome, and decreased fertility. It can lead to accelerated ageing and even premature death.

I don't live in fear of it at all, but apparently you do, I live in Australia, we are mostly sensible people here not so much wrapped up in conspiracies and junk 'science'. 

For you to say you do not care, being in the US means that what you are saying is "you don't care that other people die", that's very big of you to make that decision for other people.. Because you are not too bright, but you have your arrogance and ignorance to keep you going.

:lol: 

I don't live in fear of it at all, but apparently you do, I live in Australia, we are mostly sensible people here not so much wrapped up in conspiracies and junk 'science'. 

For you to say you do not care, being in the US means that what you are saying is "you don't care that other people die", that's very big of you to make that decision for other people.. Because you are not too bright, but you have your arrogance and ignorance to keep you going.

You clearly live in fear. Do you even know what you type in your posts?Your last post was totally fear based.

So now you are gas lighting me and saying I am doing what you did, Really?lol!

Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation in which a person or a group covertly sows seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or group, making them question their own memory, perception, or judgment, often evoking in them cognitive dissonance and other changes including low self-esteem.

I will ask again, what other people are dying? I have not seen anybody sick where I live and my girlfriend is even a CNA who works in a retirement home. And she has not seen anybody sick. What she has seen is a false positive on the old folks where she works. Even a fruit tested positive for Covid. Should we have fruits wear masks also? :lol:

https://www.newsbreak.com/new-york/new-york/news/1560643406655/faulty-coronavirus-kits-suspected-as-goat-and-fruit-test-positive-in-Tanzania

Edited by Thoth101

Quit stealing my lines! :cussing:

photo-thumb-93563.jpg?_r=1479908621

Ponder on this:

Fear weakens our immune system and can cause cardiovascular damage, gastrointestinal problems such as ulcers and irritable bowel syndrome, and decreased fertility. It can lead to accelerated ageing and even premature death.

Good point, and even more so for stress. The closing down of business and loss of jobs has many people stressed out.

Stress out a lot of people who have hypertension, heart disease diabetes and obesity and you end up killing more people than this virus does

Edited by OceanBreeze

The mask is not intended to stop you getting the disease, it is intended to reduce the risk of you giving it to some one else.

If you have covid-19 and cant ****ing breathe, you can expect to be treated with extreme violence if you approach a healthy group, who know or even suspect you have the disease and you are not wearing a mask.

If you have a mask you are less likely to give the disease to other wise healthy people when you have social intercourse, not unlike HIV sufferers using a condom when they have intercourse :). 

If someone knowing or suspecting they have HIV has unprotected intercourse with healthy people, that person might be prosecuted for manslaughter, or buggery.

Likewise someone knowing or suspecting they have Covid-190 has unprotected intercourse with healthy people in an old folks home, that person might be prosecuted for deliberate manslaughter.

On average the death rate over the entire infected population is 1% which is 10x that of the common flu. Amongst the obese, sick, and elderly its a lot higher. 

Americans are currently excluded from travelling to many countries now, why is that? Could it be a still be Democrat conspiracy against the Republicans, or is your President a ?????. 

Your a broken record. Watch this and learn something.

Covid Plandemic

https://vimeo.com/440129737

Mask Facts June 1, 2020

https://aapsonline.org/mask-facts/

“Advice to decision makers on the use of masks for healthy people in community settings

As described above, the wide use of masks by healthy people in the community setting is not supported by current evidence and carries uncertainties and critical risks.”

“Medical masks should be reserved for health care workers. The use of medical masks in the community may create a false sense of security, with neglect of other essential measures, such as hand hygiene practices and physical distancing, and may lead to touching the face under the masks and under the eyes, result in unnecessary costs, and take masks away from those in health care who need them most, especially when masks are in short supply.”

“Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.”

WHO acknowledges that most people do not use masks properly.

Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the Center for the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases:

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/t0131-2019-novel-coronavirus.html

“We don’t routinely recommend the use of face masks by the public to prevent respiratory illness,” said on January 31. “And we certainly are not recommending that at this time for this new virus.”

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals/infectioncontrol/maskguidance.htm

In March 5, 2019 regarding the flu: “Masks are not usually recommended in non-healthcare settings; however, this guidance provides other strategies for limiting the spread of influenza viruses in the community:

cover their nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing,
use tissues to contain respiratory secretions and, after use, to dispose of them in the nearest waste receptacle, and
perform hand hygiene (e.g., handwashing with non-antimicrobial soap and water, and alcohol-based hand rub if soap and water are not available) after having contact with respiratory secretions and contaminated objects/materials.
From the New England Journal of Medicine

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.”

Final Thoughts

Surgical masks – loose fitting. They are designed to protect the patient from the doctors’ respiratory droplets.  The wearer is not protected from others airborne particles
People do not wear masks properly. Most people have the mask under the nose. The wearer does not have glasses on and the eyes are a portal of entry.
The designer masks and scarves offer minimal protection – they give a false sense of security to both the wearer and those around the wearer.

I vote to maintain the global travel bans on Americans :)

You then should also vote to stop using the internet since it is American made with some Swiss add ons. Otherwise you are a hypocrite. Watch out the Covid may get you through the lines and frequencies. :yes:  I also find it hypocritical that people like you were all offended Trump wanted to build a wall. Yet you would vote to do the same thing. I would say you are even worse then a hypocrite.

https://www.history.com/topics/inventions/invention-of-the-internet

Edited by Thoth101

Facemasks in medicine are mainly to prevent flesh-eating bacteria from getting into a patient's open wounds though the breathing of the doctor/nurse/observer. if your surgeon "clears their throat" you should probably reschedule, or double-down on antiseptics and antibiotics. It's the same with hand washing: BACTERIA not VIRUS are the main concern and efficacy.

Viral particles are NOT going to be blocked by either a surgical mask OR the cheap cloth ones people "feel good" about wearing.

Just like a lot of other viruses in it's larger family, CoViD19 uses a pathway in mucoid tissues to infect cells, and once already in a body and blood-born it can infect all mucoid tissues making all those tissues potential spreading points once the virus starts shedding. That means you NEED to be in a full lv4 bio-gear to be protected from infection and to protect others from your own infection.

N95 does not cut the mustard, the repurposed thongs people are wearing most definitely do not either. They are more worthless than hiding under a school desk during a nuclear strike.

"flattening the curve" is good to keep hospitals from being overworked, but BAD for herd immunity. Bad herd immunity means MORE CHANCE of mutation. This is MATH, period-doubling-bifurcation models it extremely well.

If this particular strain was going to be deadly to anything except economies and due-process it would have LONG AGO wiped the board clean.

Your kid gets chicken-pox you send them to the other kids to infect them too: so that as adults they don't get crippled by the same virus. That's how you deal with a virus. If you didn't get forcefully infected with pox as a kid, you are going to be one of those adults that it can kill.

-> Sounds a lot like CoViD, no?

Anyone using a reversal of Maude Flanders catchphrase to guilt trip others had better be personally paying for a damn nice retirement and amenities package for the elders in their community above-and-beyond what is legally mandated. Hypocrisy of elder-care is fkin comical doublethink. It's just as vile to conviently use the old as a weapon as it is to use children as a shield.

You are right. VIRUS DO NOT CARE about your thoughts, they ALSO don't care about masks, they don't care about much of anything really. They only care if they can hijack your endocytosis and ribosomes. Since not all ribosomes are created equal even in the same animal, not every tissue type can be an effective host. That's also why cross-species viral transfer is so rare and quite frankly usually BENIGN.

Argument here is a bit far fetched, because there might be a pop-growth of 9 million. But Covid kills people with other conditions, but also mainly older people. Of these 9 millions some are immigrants, rest are kids...

And THOTH101

So I take it you live in fear of a virus that is no worse then a flu.

By now it should be clear even to deniers that this is bullshit. Flu, according to WHO (but just find your own source) kills between 290k and 650k people per year. They actually say flu-related causes, so just like covid, it kills mainly older people or with other causes. Covid already killed 100k more and the year is not even over...