Science Forums

My Idea Of How Apes Turned Into Humans

Mpossum

Are you telling me you are incapable of reproduction with a fellow human (ape)?

I'm telling you that we did not evolve from fellow humans!!!, as your diagram clearly displays, your playing a semantics game here. 

Humans did not evolve from humans, no more then they evolved from gorilla's. And I'm telling you that we are incapable of reproduction with gorillas, and neither gorillas or humans can reproduce with our common ancestor. 

There really is no room for argument here.

I gave you the cladogram for the family Hominidae.

And I gave you the link and the definition:

The Hominidae (/hɒˈmɪnɪdiː/), whose members are known as great apes[note 1] or hominids (/ˈhɒmɪnɪdz/), are a taxonomic family of primates that includes eight extant species in four genera: Pongo, the Bornean, Sumatran and Tapanuli orangutan; Gorilla, the eastern and western gorilla; Pan, the common chimpanzee and the bonobo; and Homo, of which only modern humans remain.

Humans are a member. All the members, both extant and extinct, are called great apes.

The LCA of humans and chimpanzees is also a member; that is the LCA was also a great ape.

It cannot be made any more clear than that. And this is hardly a theory as it is based on cladistics including DNA and fossil evidence.

I'm telling you that we did not evolve from fellow humans!!!, as your diagram clearly displays, your playing a semantics game here. 

Humans did not evolve from humans, no more then they evolved from gorilla's. And I'm telling you that we are incapable of reproduction with gorillas, and neither gorillas or humans can reproduce with our common ancestor. 

Are you really this dumb or just pretending to be?

I did not say that humans evolved from humans!

Humans evolved from apes.

Look at the cladogram again and read the damn link.

Are you really this dumb or just pretending to be?

I did not say that humans evolved from humans!

Humans evolved from apes.

Look at the cladogram again and read the damn link.

Not dumb, thankyou, it is all about your very poor use of correct terminology, and loose use of terms and definitions, you said 'humans are apes and evolved from apes'.

That is incorrect, our common ancestor is a 'great apes', but we DID NOT evolve from modern apes, modern apes (and that includes humans, or correctly primates) evolved from a common ancestor, and no we cannot reproduce with that common ancestor or with out other primate cousins.. 

Again, you're playing free and loose with terminology and semantics.. I am guessing you do in fact actually know that.

Not dumb, thankyou, it is all about your very poor use of correct terminology, and loose use of terms and definitions, you said 'humans are apes and evolved from apes'.

That is incorrect, our common ancestor is a 'great apes', but we DID NOT evolve from modern apes, modern apes (and that includes humans, or correctly primates) evolved from a common ancestor, and no we cannot reproduce with that common ancestor or with out other primate cousins.. 

Again, you're playing free and loose with terminology and semantics.. I am guessing you do in fact actually know that.

Humans are a member of the great apes and so was the LCA of humans and chimpanzees.

That is a correct statement.

You are the one playing with words by inserting the word "modern" which was never a part of the argument.

So shove off.