Science Forums

Ancient Engineering

Hi,

I have been posting around. I want to make this my new home for my personal research and ideas. I have written 2 books, near 3. I love science, history, and ideas, and I just want to start here talking about ancient engineering.

So, Pyramids is what I would consider ancient engineering. From the looks of it, Scotland and France actually built the first actual legit structures. Thus, I would postulate that people from here helped with the construction of the Pyramids at Giza. Not aliens. It would be cool to get it out there once and for all that these people did it first.

On another note, I ponder about what the Pyramids meant. In my opinion, it was a statue, specifically representative of engineering and math. This because it was a telling of an abstraction for mankind to copy and engage in, and that is exactly what many cultures did. And those who didn't, it would be interesting to know why they went other directions. These others might have been a staple for culture, music, and arts.

In addition, the many cultures who have advanced, but who have no written records, could get some credit of involvement in the building of modern society, since it seems kind of dumb that entire civilizations lived their whole lives without knowing about the Pyramids. I bet there was an ancient education in relation to the Pyramids. I might even go so far as to say that this whole idea was education itself. A sort of modern institutionalization of sorts.

Edited by Mpossum

• 9 months later...

You have written books on this?  I hope they were better written that this!  "From the looks of it, Scotland and France actually built the first actual legit structures."

That's interesting.  What does "from the looks of it" mean?  What evidence of such structures in France and Scotland can you show?

"Thus, I would postulate that people from here helped with the construction of the Pyramids at Giza. "

Why?  Pyramids are a very basic structure.  Anybody who wanted, for whatever reason, to build a really big structure would think of that first.  They are much simpler than, say, an open house that people were going to live in.