Science Forums

My Favorite Weapon

Vmedvil2

n5xlsezd2pk41.png

Blade Of Blatant Penis Metaphor +2: This once feeble sword has grown with age to become a wonder to behold. The sword is imbued with a 'Contained Uber Manifestation' spell since being enchanted by a sect of ocean faring wizards that covers an adjacent character with a thick gooey substance halving their movement, takes approximately twenty minutes for the seamenCUM spell to recharge, give or take.

Edited by A-wal

I was expecting a really big gun. Instead it's a really big penis metaphor.

The best weapon ever is the katana! Simple, elegant, beautiful, deadly. I'm surprised they aren't more prominent in RPGs.musha-dragon-black-katana-ss298bk-ps-2.j

Well, I like Katanas too however I like that other sword's shape. my favorite real life sword is the wakizashi, perfect for defense and you can dual wield them quite easily.

Wakizashi.jpg

Edited by VictorMedvil

Eh, for bladed weaponry I'm a fan of the flamberge rapier, functional AND stylish.

Still my favorite cold weapon in general is the trusty hammer. Weather vs heavy plate or ring-mail or leather or cotton, armor is not going to help much vs a properly wielded blunt instrument.

Also folds nicely into one of my personal mottos: Square peg, round hole; Bigger Hammer.

Well, I like Katanas too however I like that other sword's shape. my favorite real life sword is the wakizashi, perfect for defense and you can dual wield them quite easily.

Wakizashi.jpg

Baby katana. :)

Swords are awesome!lol!

They sure are, especially Japanese swords.

Still my favorite cold weapon in general is the trusty hammer. Weather vs heavy plate or ring-mail or leather or cotton, armor is not going to help much vs a properly wielded blunt instrument.

Also folds nicely into one of my personal mottos: Square peg, round hole; Bigger Hammer.

I've always found hammer humourous as weapons for some reason. The opposite of swords, I'm just going to smash you with lump of hard stuff.

I've always found hammer humourous as weapons for some reason. The opposite of swords, I'm just going to smash you with lump of hard stuff.

Yeah opposite of swords for sure; 'cause swords are fairly useless vs any real armor, so they are only good for killing peasants and people weaker/poorer than you in general. The sword is the weapon of the tyrant and the bully. ;)

A little bit of armor and swords (yes, even katanas and other single-edged weaponry) quickly get their blade shredded and chipped to the point of being a slightly thin metal rod. 

The Europeans countered that by having really "stabby" weaponry for a while after chain and whatnot; then they realized they could use their gauntlets to protect themselves from their own blade, turn the sword around backwards and...use the guard and pommel as a hammer. Thus the (improvised)warhammer shined it's light on the demi-noble world again. Same deal with the asians, Katana are almost useless vs samurai armors. They'd have to switch up to a tanto to try and get the leverage to stab though the scales, or hope for a really lucky joint-strike to cripple a bone or tendon. Also WAY easier to replace and/or resharpen a tanto if/when it gets FUBAR from punching though scale and ring.

I like the rippled rapiers because they have a bit more control vs smooth-edge weaponry; plenty of nooks to catch whatever extension-weapon (bar, sword, arm, etc...) and put real resistance and counter-force in. The "over my head and shoulder" slide-off techniques and "rising shoves" common to all smooth-edge just work BETTER with ripples. They're also quite stabby.

As for the Hammer, yeah it's definitely something that makes you smile/laugh when you feel the power&rebound of a "bang" or "thump." Unironically the exact same whip-at-the-wrist motion for a really good "chop" is what gives the best "squik" on a hammer. Same two-hander wrist-pull motion of a good blade strike makes sledges just powder things, though sledges get the added bonus of sliding one hand along the whole length before the "whip" for WAY more power and speed than an equivalent-weight blade. A 8lb sword will most def take a bite into a 4"thick chunk of softwood, but an 8lb sledge will annihilate it.

Yeah opposite of swords for sure; 'cause swords are fairly useless vs any real armor, so they are only good for killing peasants and people weaker/poorer than you in general. The sword is the weapon of the tyrant and the bully. ;)

But they look so nice. If you're talking about effectiveness I'll take a simple staff, best weapon for actually working. Not that I can use one, I'm useless with weapons. I tried using a bostaff once, it kept twatting me in the head.

But they look so nice. If you're talking about effectiveness I'll take a simple staff, best weapon for actually working. Not that I can use one, I'm useless with weapons. I tried using a bostaff once, it kept twatting me in the head.

Swords are shiny and chrome...

No idea how you could thwack yourself with a staff...that's just...a really bad teacher is my guess. Even 3-sections shouldn't be able to bite the hand(head) unless you had some truly horrible grip instruction. Well, that or tried to be flashy, which is horrible grip and teacher in the end. :P

Edit:

Blade Of Blatant Penis Metaphor +2: This once feeble sword has grown with age to become a wonder to behold. The sword is imbued with a 'Contained Uber Manifestation' spell since being enchanted by a sect of ocean faring wizards that covers an adjacent character with a thick gooey substance halving their movement, takes approximately twenty minutes for the seamenCUM spell to recharge, give or take.

I finally found what this reminded me of!

• 7 months later...

Jesus! I've never seen this series before. I know what I'm going to do tonight. I came home. I lay down on my leather recliner and wanted to watch this series. Took a bottle of cold beer, took chips, popcorn. I decided to get a lot of food. But the series ended so quickly that I didn't even have time to eat and drink everything ...

Edited by jimmyhendrix