Science Forums

Hell And Religious Manipulation

Vmedvil2

So, I was wondering why in all religion there is a eternal punishment for not believing their religion? Why is it if there God is so loving that he will eternally torture you for not believing a religion? There are false facts in the bible along with insane stories which could not possibly be true any reasonable person would not believe its nonsense. It seems like propaganda with someone who is a absolute monster being portrayed as the good guy like as if Hitler had written it, which goes to the point did someone like Hitler write it? Why do people believe religion they should be trying to fight against someone like God ever coming to power even if it does happen in the future, what is wrong with religious people? The Execution of God, if he exists, should be a primary goal of religious people however they don't even consider it as a option, are they literally willing slaves to God because of fear of punishment in the afterlife is that all you need to do to control people? Would you fear and respect me for making a virtual hell to torture people after death(http://www.scienceforums.com/topic/34693-should-rapist-be-sent-to-pain-amplifiers-for-the-crimes/) that disobeyed and went against my system of beliefs does that make me God or a monster?

Quote about Punishment Spheres

"It is not uncommon to see patients undergo permanent psychological trauma in the presence of the Sphere, before the nerve stapler has even been strapped into position. Its effect on the general consciousness of the culture is profound: husbands have seen wives go inside, and mothers their children. Dr. Xynan left the surface of the sphere semitranslucent for a reason. You can hear them in there; you can see them. It is a thing of terrible beauty."

I would imagine that Virtual Hells and God's Hell would be the same. Psychologically what do you think makes to where people believe in things like Hell and God with absolute certainty is there a dark part of the human psyche that likes to be controlled?

Edited by VictorMedvil

Victor:

Psychologically what do you think makes to where people believe in things like Hell and God with absolute certainty is there a dark part of the human psyche that likes to be controlled?

No.

1. Fear of death.

2. Childhood indoctrination.

3. No education on Darwinian evolution.

4. False comforting.

5. Being American. (political)

6.. ??

So, I was wondering why in all religion there is a eternal punishment for not believing their religion? Why is it if there God is so loving that he will eternally torture you for not believing a religion? There are false facts in the bible along with insane stories which could not possibly be true any reasonable person would not believe its nonsense. It seems like propaganda with someone who is a absolute monster being portrayed as the good guy like as if Hitler had written it, which goes to the point did someone like Hitler write it? Why do people believe religion they should be trying to fight against someone like God ever coming to power even if it does happen in the future, what is wrong with religious people? The Execution of God, if he exists, should be a primary goal of religious people however they don't even consider it as a option, are they literally willing slaves to God because of fear of punishment in the afterlife is that all you need to do to control people? Would you fear and respect me for making a virtual hell to torture people after death(http://www.scienceforums.com/topic/34693-should-rapist-be-sent-to-pain-amplifiers-for-the-crimes/) that disobeyed and went against my system of beliefs does that make me God or a monster?

"It is not uncommon to see patients undergo permanent psychological trauma in the presence of the Sphere, before the nerve stapler has even been strapped into position. Its effect on the general consciousness of the culture is profound: husbands have seen wives go inside, and mothers their children. Dr. Xynan left the surface of the sphere semitranslucent for a reason. You can hear them in there; you can see them. It is a thing of terrible beauty."

I would imagine that Virtual Hells and God's Hell would be the same. Psychologically what do you think makes to where people believe in things like Hell and God with absolute certainty is there a dark part of the human psyche that likes to be controlled?

It is to keep the followers in a perpetual state of fear. Many churches use the hell tactic to keep the people going to their churches also. Many people are led to believe that if they don't go to church they will go to hell. Some dominations such as protestant teach that you must take Jesus into your heart and believe in him or you will go to hell. Some don't use hell and say you just won't exist and won't be resurrected in the end of days with Jesus.

It really is just a mind control program and churches are a business. Hell is a very good sales pitch to keep you under the mind control program of the Christian religion. I know there are better ways to explain this but this is just off the top of my head from my own experiences and research.

This is an interesting article:

Although many of us now associate hell with Christianity, the idea of an afterlife existed much earlier. Greeks and Romans, for example, used the concept of Hades, an underworld where the dead lived, both as a way of understanding death and as a moral tool.

However, in the present times, the use of this rhetoric has radically changed.

Rhetoric in ancient Greece and Rome

The earliest Greek and Roman depictions of Hades in the epics did not focus on punishment, but described a dark shadowy place of dead people.

In Book 11 of the Greek epic the “Odyssey,” Odysseus travels to the realm of the dead, encountering countless familiar faces, including his own mother.

Near the end of Odysseus’ tour, he encounters a few souls being punished for their misdeeds, including Tantalus, who was sentenced eternally to have food and drink just out of reach. It is this punishment from which the word “tantalize” originated.

Hundreds of years later, the Roman poet Virgil, in his epic poem “Aeneid,” describes a similar journey of a Trojan, Aeneas , to an underworld, where many individuals receive rewards and punishments.

https://www.ancient-origins.net/history-ancient-traditions/christian-idea-hell-0010942

• 11 months later...
On 7/5/2020 at 4:37 AM, VictorMedvil said:

Yes, and a dark spot in the human psyche that likes to control, perhaps even stronger than the one in people who like to be controlled.  You can't have one without the other. But you can have both with no religion.  It is just that being able to preach gives the controller an "out" - a right to control if we allow it.

• 1 year later...

It's understandable to question why many religions depict eternal punishment for not believing in their specific beliefs. The idea of a loving God who would torture someone for not having faith seems contradictory. It's important to remember that humans often create and interpret religion. You can read about it at https://christianfaithguide.com/did-judas-go-to-heaven/.
Besides, the idea of a ""virtual hell"" as a means of control is disturbing. It goes against the true principles of any religion, which should be about being kind and compassionate towards others.

Edited by kevinabraham