Science Forums

The Real Reason Weed Is Illegal

Vmedvil2

Americans' lack of freedom is the real topic in that one and I've covered that in another thread with Gahd. 

The biggest hold up on Cannabis is likely Christians who believe it's evil or something like that.

That's one of America's big problems in general, besides racism.

Although the US is ironically a nation full of people who've bought in to the lie that they have more freedom than everyone else while actually having less than a lot of other countries, very few nations allow their citizens freedom over their own minds and bodies when it comes to harmless yet perspective shattering and profoundly life changing chemicals (psychedelics). Holland and Spain do to a degree, and I think Portugal as well but that's it as far as I know in Europe.

Although the US is ironically a nation full of people who've bought in to the lie that they have more freedom than everyone else while actually having less than a lot of other countries, very few nations allow their citizens freedom over their own minds and bodies when it comes to harmless yet perspective shattering and profoundly life changing chemicals (psychedelics). Holland and Spain do to a degree, and I think Portugal as well but that's it as far as I know in Europe.

Canada does too and once again this aligns with 'quality of life' in which the US is ranked 17th. and on 'freedom' on which the US doesn't make the top ten. Those links are posted in another thread where I debated the facts with Gahd.

http://www.scienceforums.com/topic/36854-why-the-us-riots-are-doomed-to-fail/page-6?do=findComment&comment=385549

And so the interesting point is discovering what causes America to fail on all three. 

What could be common to all three issues in the US? I've suggested religious belief but how can we make that fit for lack of freedom and quality of life? I can have a shot at doing that but I'll wait to hear if you can pin them all on something else that's gone wrong in that country.

Edited by montgomery

Canada does too and once again this aligns with 'quality of life' in which the US is ranked 17th. and on 'freedom' on which the US doesn't make the top ten. Those links are posted in another thread where I debated the facts with Gahd.

http://www.scienceforums.com/topic/36854-why-the-us-riots-are-doomed-to-fail/page-6?do=findComment&comment=385549

And so the interesting point is discovering what causes America to fail on all three. 

What could be common to all three issues in the US? I've suggested religious belief but how can we make that fit for lack of freedom and quality of life? I can have a shot at doing that but I'll wait to hear if you can pin them all on something else that's gone wrong in that country.

The brainwashing propaganda campaign to demonise the responsible use of drugs, mainly by highlighting the very worst aspects of certain drugs and letting people think that it applies to all of them except the legal ones while dickheads are allowed to get drunk, attack people and wreck everything around them goes far beyond the problems of a single nation.

The brainwashing propaganda campaign to demonise the responsible use of drugs, mainly by highlighting the very worst aspects of certain drugs and letting people think that it applies to all of them except the legal ones while dickheads are allowed to get drunk, attack people and wreck everything around them goes far beyond the problems of a single nation.

Yeah maybe but we would have to look at the cause for each nation. We were dealing with the US and that kept it reasonably simpler. Why, is the question and I've suggested that it's common in the US to their standing on quality of life and freedoms.

I'm interested in hearing your suggestions for why the US fails on all three and the countries that accept the use of marijuana are conspicuously the same on all three counts. 

Edited by montgomery

• 3 years later...

Hey there! It's fascinating to dive into the history of weed prohibition, isn't it? The deliberate campaign to tarnish its image definitely makes you wonder. And comparing it to alcohol, well, that's a point that's hard to ignore! What's your take on the current status of cannabis access UK? Let's keep the conversation going! 

Edited by vitekastrid

The reasons behind its illegal status have evolved over time, often driven by societal and political factors. Today, as attitudes change and more places embrace legalization, it's becoming clear that there are benefits to cannabis. Whether you're using it for medicinal purposes or simply for relaxation, there are plenty of options to enjoy, like using bongs from a reputable brand like thick *** glass. They're known for their high-quality products, which can make the experience even better.

Edited by lawrencepepe