Science Forums

The Truth About The Internet

Victor, this is another one from you that is likely asking us what we think. But this one provides lots of meat to think about!

I think it's right on the money but I also have to say that we all continue to use the internet and pay the price.

The internet has learned quite a bit about me that I would just rather (it,they) didn't know.

What have (it,they) learned about you? Try to be specific.

Edited by montgomery

Victor, this is another one from you that is likely asking us what we think. But this one provides lots of meat to think about!

I think it's right on the money but I also have to say that we all continue to use the internet and pay the price.

The internet has learned quite a bit about me that I would just rather (it,they) didn't know.

What have (it,they) learned about you? Try to be specific.

Well, I think Google probably knows the true identity of Victor Medvil which I do not like. I try to keep this internet life and my Real life separate.

Edited by VictorMedvil

Well, I think Google probably knows the true identity of Victor Medvil which I do not like. I try to keep this internet life and my Real life separate.

That's why we all boycott Google. If people stop using Google and YouTube they will cease to exist. I know many people are starting to. Well and YouTube is just deleting people themselves, YouTube has become so censored. They have gotten to big for themselves and now they are just going to eat their own tail.

That's why we all boycott Google. If people stop using Google and YouTube they will cease to exist. I know many people are starting to. Well and YouTube is just deleting people themselves, YouTube has become so censored. They have gotten to big for themselves and now they are just going to eat their own tail.

You make it sound easy Thoth101 but it isn't just google that you have to boycott but any page that has Google's Webcrawlers, like half the internet is infected with Google.

You make it sound easy Thoth101 but it isn't just google that you have to boycott but any page that has Google's Webcrawlers, like half the internet is infected with Google.

Well in the meantime a good start is using Duckduck and Brave. If enough people do that they will lose enough revenue to put them in shock. And I am sure someone is already working on how to get rid of the WebCrawler's. There are some very smart people that are tired of Google also. And heck if you can take out google you will become a millionaire. This is going to be an internet war not a physical.

Edited by Thoth101

• 4 weeks later...

Well, thanks to a freebie from Coronavirus, I found AdGuard which blocks them. In my early twenties, almost a decade ago, I used to use DoNotTrackMe. But, seriously, if you try AdGuard or DoNotTrackMe, you're blocking so many of these things, it's ridiculous. 70,000 blocked ads, and 50,000 blocked trackers in just weeks; honestly, similar to how I remember it, if not worse. These people definitely do this type of stuff.