Science Forums

Language Problems

balagna

how to decide some long sentences would be really correct?

in one of my papers, I quoted one sentence directly from another article that had previously been published in a ssci indexed journal. 

but I see in editor's report an implicaton; stating that that quoted sentence was  incorrect. 

to whom should I believe?

Edited by balagna

• 2 weeks later...

A psychological phenomenon of subliminal perception, that is,exposing subjects to stimuli which they are not consciously aware and search for effects of those stimuli,has attracted and perplexed researchers.(Eric,David & Lamp,1983)

sorry presumably this journal is not indexed by ssci (ts reuters). but again this journal seems trusted/trustable.

I prefer providing doi here for a way how to reach article: DOI:10.1080/00913367.1983.10672829

the peer says "this paragraph is not clear"

Edited by balagna

how to decide some long sentences would be really correct?

in one of my papers, I quoted one sentence directly from another article that had previously been published in a ssci indexed journal. 

but I see in editor's report an implicaton; stating that that quoted sentence was  incorrect. 

to whom should I believe?

Te setence itself is strange, yes. I think the issue is that your citation is 2 first names and one last name. The article is published by Zanot, Pincus, & Lamp (1983)

Te setence itself is strange, yes. I think the issue is that your citation is 2 first names and one last name. The article is published by Zanot, Pincus, & Lamp (1983)

oh my dear , oh my goodness, oh my gosh! :)  :) :) what do I see here?

the one who feels himself way proud of his english is making some very very lovely mistakes here. 

oh my god ! :) :) :)

anyway, which sentence do you claim that it was strange. (a notation: if you claim mine, it almost always has had potentiality to be written mistakely ...but if you imply/claim the cited sentence,then I will presumably not accept that) :)

Edited by balagna

(Eric,David & Lamp,1983) ???

Let's get that out of the way before we work on the sentence.

yes,you are right at this point. 

I do not know why I did do such an interesting failure. but are you sure that peer does not imply the sentence itself?

Edited by balagna