Science Forums

Will America Benefit From Tearing Down Racist Symbols?

montgomery

https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/23/everywhere-statues-are-torn-down-by-the-mob-history-promises-people-are-next/

I found this story at the Federalist that is promoting the notion that tearing down statues that promote racism will result in the tearing down of people next. 

I disagree and I feel that America can become less racist if the symbols of racism are torn down and eliminated completely.

But this shouldn't be limited to just statues, it pertains to all racist symbols that promote racism. The confederate flag is a good example that is being eliminated as we speak! 

There will possibly be bloodshed but it can be limited by not putting off that which encourages the extreme righttists any longer. 

Tear them down, tear them all down now! They represent hate, racism, and treason to America!

Does anyone disagree? 

Please, no spamming of this board! 

https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/23/everywhere-statues-are-torn-down-by-the-mob-history-promises-people-are-next/

I found this story at the Federalist that is promoting the notion that tearing down statues that promote racism will result in the tearing down of people next. 

I disagree and I feel that America can become less racist if the symbols of racism are torn down and eliminated completely.

But this shouldn't be limited to just statues, it pertains to all racist symbols that promote racism. The confederate flag is a good example that is being eliminated as we speak! 

There will possibly be bloodshed but it can be limited by not putting off that which encourages the extreme righttists any longer. 

Tear them down, tear them all down now! They represent hate, racism, and treason to America!

Does anyone disagree? 

Please, no spamming of this board! 

I am not sure what to make of it really. I do know that it's not right to destroy someone else's property. There is another way to go about these things. I think it just makes these rioters and looters look stupid and I don't have any respect for them. They really should be careful because under the Patriot Act they can be labeled as terrorist and put in jail for an unlimited amount of time. I don't agree with the Patriot Act but if they keep it up I don't think it will go well for them.

I do find it funny that they want to rip Jesus statues down now also. I would cheer them on for that. :lol:

I think we should all have the right to believe what we believe as long as not harming another. I really don't think flags and statues are harming anybody but just helping us to remember a history we should never go back to. Next thing you know they will be wanting to get rid of the American Flag which millions of people died for of all colors. These rioters and looters will just want more and more until they gain power and become the slave masters themselves and repeat history. They don't want freedom. They want a world in chaos and take other people's freedoms away.

Edited by Thoth101

I think taking down obvious symbols of racism is the lest thing the US can do, and so often the US will do the least thing, if that.

But I have to wonder what type of person would these symbols staying? For me it would have to be someone who feels the same way.

It would be for me the type of person who would consider invoking something like 'the patriot act' to enforce that goal. Anyone who considers removing statues an act of terror, has other agenda's. Removing statues is not even violent in any way, you simply cannot be violent to a freaking statue. 

You do have the right to believe whatever you like, but if that belief DOES HARM OTHERS, then no you don't have that right, The statues are a constant reminder to black people in the US how many white people feel in the US, as a consequence you end up with these racial issues.

As for the heading question....

America WILL benefit from removing the statues, but it is not going to fix the damage they have already done, and the damage the people represented in the statues did in the past.. 

I think taking down obvious symbols of racism is the lest thing the US can do, and so often the US will do the least thing, if that.

But I have to wonder what type of person would these symbols staying? For me it would have to be someone who feels the same way.

It would be for me the type of person who would consider invoking something like 'the patriot act' to enforce that goal. Anyone who considers removing statues an act of terror, has other agenda's. Removing statues is not even violent in any way, you simply cannot be violent to a freaking statue. 

You do have the right to believe whatever you like, but if that belief DOES HARM OTHERS, then no you don't have that right, The statues are a constant reminder to black people in the US how many white people feel in the US, as a consequence you end up with these racial issues.

As for the heading question....

America WILL benefit from removing the statues, but it is not going to fix the damage they have already done, and the damage the people represented in the statues did in the past.. 

The thing is they are tearing down statues of people that weren't even slave owners. Even ones that help to free the slaves. They are also burning down businesses of other black people that had businesses for years and years.

The thing is they are tearing down statues of people that weren't even slave owners. Even ones that help to free the slaves. They are also burning down businesses of other black people that had businesses for years and years.

I guess you do understand that a lot of the actions you mentioned are done by right extremists sewing dissent, we know this as FACT because they have been identified and arrested for doing it. They are the ones who need to be charged for inciting dissent and violence. Or do you just want to ignore that inconvenient fact?

I can provide citations if necessary, you also do not address the core issue, you just use 'whataboutism' well then do you still support the keeping of confederate monuments and if so why?

I guess you do understand that a lot of the actions you mentioned are done by right extremists sewing dissent, we know this as FACT because they have been identified and arrested for doing it. They are the ones who need to be charged for inciting dissent and violence. Or do you just want to ignore that inconvenient fact?

I can provide citations if necessary, you also do not address the core issue, you just use 'whataboutism' well then do you still support the keeping of confederate monuments and if so why?

Ok please direct me to the links and news sources that right extremists are sewing dissent. What I have seen is that it is the opposite and the left extremist are the ones going out and creating chaos on even peaceful protests. I am always open to other interpretations to see what is really going on.

I think there is a lot of history that has been distorted about the confederates. I have not heard the term whataboutism. That must be a new one.lol!

This is not at all as simple as you are making it all to be and it is not all black and white and their are many many variables. Like I said no matter what monuments they are it is wrong to destroy other people's property no matter what it stands for. That is called anarchy. Do you think the US should have no government at all and have total anarchy?

Ok please direct me to the links and news sources that right extremists are sewing dissent. What I have seen is that it is the opposite and the left extremist are the ones going out and creating chaos on even peaceful protests. I am always open to other interpretations to see what is really going on.

I think there is a lot of history that has been distorted about the confederates. I have not heard the term whataboutism. That must be a new one.lol!

This is not at all as simple as you are making it all to be and it is not all black and white and their are many many variables. Like I said no matter what monuments they are it is wrong to destroy other people's property no matter what it stands for. That is called anarchy. Do you think the US should have no government at all and have total anarchy?

Do you seriously need me to give you references? Ever heard of the boogaloo boys movement? 

Again, are you seriously going to be an apologist for confederates? It's not 'other peoples property it is THE PEOPLES PROPERTY. I think the US should not revere and promote and accept racism, and glorify those that engage in or support that racism.

This is not hard or complicated, unless you at least kind of agree that racism is ok to do.. 

A far-right extremist movement born on social media and fueled by anti-government rhetoric has emerged as a real-world threat in recent weeks, with federal authorities accusing some of its adherents of working to spark violence at largely peaceful protests roiling the nation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/06/17/trump-warns-leftist-violence-dangerous-threat-emerges-right-wing-boogaloo-movement/

I have read a few of your posts, I think I have a good handle of what you are and how you see the world.. I will just leave it at that.

Do you seriously need me to give you references? Ever heard of the boogaloo boys movement? 

Again, are you seriously going to be an apologist for confederates? It's not 'other peoples property it is THE PEOPLES PROPERTY. I think the US should not revere and promote and accept racism, and glorify those that engage in or support that racism.

This is not hard or complicated, unless you at least kind of agree that racism is ok to do.. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/06/17/trump-warns-leftist-violence-dangerous-threat-emerges-right-wing-boogaloo-movement/

I have read a few of your posts, I think I have a good handle of what you are and how you see the world.. I will just leave it at that.

Tearing down the symbols of racism is progress for America but it's likely that America can't change without violence. In my opinion Trump's only drawing card is racism, not so cleverly hidden in his border wall approach of stopping immigrants. And appeal to the lowest of the low but not unlike Hitler's tactic of demonizing a minority to appease the long-suffering people.

In fact, America's industry and agriculture isn't viable without cheap labour and so the immigrants will continue to come because they are needed. 

I did not know about them so thanks for filling me in . It is no doubt there are left wing extremist and right ring extremist. So now you have Antifa on the left wing and boogaloo on the right.  That can for sure lead to a lot of trouble. Just like extremist in religions there are ones with political views. All and all this is not most humans though. I myself don't fall for the left-right paradigm. That is how the Elite divide and concur which is what you are seeing now.

The two party system is an illusion. It is a facade. It is a false paradigm. It is a tool of divide and conquer; a distraction; a mimicry of constructive discourse.

Consider first that, left or right, it is a central corporate government with “two wings”; at the end of the day, those two wings represent that same central corporate government.

The power behind the throne is the Federal Reserve and the International Monetary Fund (IMF). The Federal Reserve and the IMF do not have a political disposition. They operate with no matter to what side of the political sideshow the politicians in congress, or in the White House, entertain us with.

The Federal Reserve runs the “United States of America, Inc.” and the IMF runs the “UNITED STATES”. The District of Columbia is itself a foreign government. As to ownership, the Federal Reserve has foreign holdings and the IMF is owned by the United Nations.

https://patrickherbert.org/2019/07/09/left-right-left-right/

I am not a apologist for confederates in fact I am from the North. But did you also know if we are really going to get down to it The Democrats were the Party of the Ku Klux Klan and Slavery. It's not so true today however if we are looking at the past:

http://factmyth.com/factoids/the-democrats-were-the-party-of-the-ku-klux-klan-and-slavery/

Something to consider:

This Awareness indicates that it has been given previously (revelations of Awareness No. 77-28  The Lincoln Conspiracy), that the entity Abraham Lincoln was faced with a need to finance his troops for the Civil War. This Awareness indicates the Civil war itself was staged and set up by the Illuminati, whereby they brought the slaves from Africa to the Southern plantations in order to create an atmosphere that would lead to an issue which could be used for setting up a war which would divide the nation. This Awareness indicates that the newspapers, being controlled by these entities, began to build up the background and the attitude among the northerners to set the stage for Civil War. This Awareness indicates that the entity Abraham Lincoln, attempting to finance his troops, sought money from the banks and was told that it would cost 26% interest. This Awareness indicates that this entity then turned to the Constitution and printed the "Lincoln greenbacks" which were used for financing his armies.

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/master_file/illuminaticonspiracy2.htm

And till this day they are still playing the same game in divide and concur.

Edited by Thoth101

Tearing down the symbols of racism is progress for America but it's likely that America can't change without violence. In my opinion Trump's only drawing card is racism, not so cleverly hidden in his border wall approach of stopping immigrants. And appeal to the lowest of the low but not unlike Hitler's tactic of demonizing a minority to appease the long-suffering people.

In fact, America's industry and agriculture isn't viable without cheap labour and so the immigrants will continue to come because they are needed. 

Tearing down history is a form of fascism. Even if the history is not a good history. Should the Egyptian Pyramids be torn down because they had jews as slaves and or as science says used slaves to build them?

And no....Violence is not the way to go. Violence only begats violence. Violence leads no where but to more violence. We as people should be becoming more intelligent and more civilized not go in reverse.

Edited by Thoth101