Science Forums

Gop Wants To Let You Sue Social Media Firms For $5,000 Over Censored Posts

Thoth101

This looks like some good news for once:

https://uk.pcmag.com/social-networking/127436/gop-wants-to-let-you-sue-social-media-firms-for-5000-over-censored-posts

A group of Republican senators is proposing a bill that would let consumers sue social media companies for “selectively censoring political speech.”

The bill from Senator Josh Hawley (R-Missouri) is designed to force social media companies to pay $5,000 in damages for each violation, if a court rules in the plaintiff’s favor. 

Hawley’s goal is to “combat Big Tech censorship.” He and other Republicans, including President Trump, have accused social media companies of unfairly enforcing their rules to take down and hide posts from conservative users. (The tech companies deny this.)

"For too long, Big Tech companies like Twitter, Google, and Facebook have used their power to silence political speech from conservatives without any recourse for users,” Halwey claimed on Wednesday when unveiling the bill. Senators Marco Rubio (R-Florida), Mike Braun (R-Indiana), and Tom Cotton (R-Arkansas) are co-sponsors of the bill. 

The legislation would amend Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act. Currently, the law shields internet companies from getting sued in the event a user posts illegal or objectionable content; the provider simply has to make a “good faith” effort to pull the content down. 

Hawley’s bill seeks to change the whole dynamic by offering legal immunity only if the internet company upholds the good faith principle and fairly enforces its rules. Internet companies acting in bad faith, on the other hand, can get sued.  

According to the legislation, “intentionally selective enforcement” of a site’s terms of service represents a violation. Using a computer algorithm to unfairly restrict social media content is another. Companies caught intentionally failing “to honor a public or private promise” also risk losing the legal immunity. 

This is a reference to Trump's misuse of Twitter, so it's likely the problem will solve itself with the end of the Trump regime.

A fascist takeover requires control of the courts, the justice system, and the silencing of any opposition from all media sources. It's not enough to just call the media 'fake'. 

The US system already controls the military and gives the president the power to use the military in any way he sees fit, including military force against the people. All it requires is a president bold enough to try using it.

This is a reference to Trump's misuse of Twitter, so it's likely the problem will solve itself with the end of the Trump regime.

A fascist takeover requires control of the courts, the justice system, and the silencing of any opposition from all media sources. It's not enough to just call the media 'fake'. 

The US system already controls the military and gives the president the power to use the military in any way he sees fit, including military force against the people. All it requires is a president bold enough to try using it.

I think it is more the Technocrats have gone overboard with their censorship. I actually just noticed that on FB recently where certain posts from even some of my friends were saying that is was misinformation when all it was,was going against the mainstream agenda. The technocrats are trying to control the narrative where people should be able to speak their own opinions and find their own facts that they find. It's starting to look like anything that goes against the narrative they want you to believe it is being censored on the FB and YouTube and those type of platforms. I have never used Twitter so I really can't say much about that. I did hear though that Bill Gate was getting put in his place by people on Twitter. Which I think was great and the Eugenicist Technocrat deserves to be called out on his agendas. So they kind of want to censor anybody from saying anything about them or pointing out what they are doing.

I think it is more the Technocrats have gone overboard with their censorship. I actually just noticed that on FB recently where certain posts from even some of my friends were saying that is was misinformation when all it was,was going against the mainstream agenda

Can you provide some examples of technocrats censoring something? 

Is anybody preventing you from speaking your opinions?

Can you provide some examples of technocrats censoring something? 

Is anybody preventing you from speaking your opinions?

Actually this forum is great because it is not mainstream. Even on my own Facebook as the restrictions get tighter I have been banned a few times and some of my articles have been deleted. If you have ever watched the Corbett report on YouTube he goes into great detail and I will post a link for you next time I can get on my own PC. Speaking of YouTube many of the alternative views are being censored. And many of the non mainstream commentators and journalist are not receiving any more money because as you know depending on how many clicks you get on your YouTube video you get a certain amount of money. They are blocking all that to whoever goes against the mainstream narrative. Is this all new to you? This has been going on for atleast a year or 2 now as they zone in on internet censorship. The Technocrats literally label everything as Fake news that goes against their narrative and propaganda. "Thought control".

If you remember the original ones to say fake news was the mainstream. I could be wrong but I think it was CNN who were the first ones to say fake news.

Edited by Thoth101

Actually this forum is great because it is not mainstream. Even on my own Facebook as the restrictions get tighter I have been banned a few times and some of my articles have been deleted. If you have ever watched the Corbett report on YouTube he goes into great detail and I will post a link for you next time I can get on my own PC. Speaking of YouTube many of the alternative views are being censored. And many of the non mainstream commentators and journalist are not receiving any more money because as you know depending on how many clicks you get on your YouTube video you get a certain amount of money. They are blocking all that to whoever goes against the mainstream narrative. Is this all new to you? This has been going on for atleast a year or 2 now as they zone in on internet censorship. The Technocrats literally label everything as Fake news that goes against their narrative and propaganda. "Thought control".

If you remember the original ones to say fake news was the mainstream. I could be wrong but I think it was CNN who were the first ones to say fake news.

I have no facebook account.

I've never watched the Corbett report but I will look at a link.

What 'alternative' views are beinig censored on utube? Do they violate ubube's rules?

No, I don't remember anyone but Trump's friends saying that the MSM was fake news. 

I have no facebook account.

I've never watched the Corbett report but I will look at a link.

What 'alternative' views are beinig censored on utube? Do they violate ubube's rules?

No, I don't remember anyone but Trump's friends saying that the MSM was fake news. 

I will get you some links this weekend when I get some time at home. I can't get on many sites at work or I would post them now for you.

In short the way most of the social media and YouTube have their rules set up. Anything can violate the rules.

We have to realize there is fake news and propaganda everywhere not just on MSM. It is best to always do your own research. It is a lot of work reading everything that is for sure. That is why most people never look into anything. It is a lot of work. Most would rather just believe the illusion and go with the flow or some say the sheep. :lol: Being a truthseeker is not a simple task at all.