Science Forums

Coronavirus Tests?

Thoth101

Why would they want to keep your snot? :)

They insert a stick up your nose somewhere to the back of your eyes, very unpleasant, and then place a spatula down your throat and tickle your tonsils. A gagging experience. They are not testing your DNA, why would they send your samples to other labs, they are testing for covid-19, not giving you a free dna test.

With over 2 million tested positive in the USA so far and rising. I would guestimate the USA is going to have at least 200000 dead from the disease, this is based on worldometers figures.

Many of those that have recovered are going to have lingering side effects due to the Covid-19. Do you or your family want to get the virus?  

For my job the military actually came in to give the tests. Luckily it wasn't the one that goes all the way up to the eye balls. It wasn't to bad. I tested negative and so did every one else here. But is it not possible to get DNA from that extraction? It just made me think while they were doing it. If everybody has to get tested for their jobs or to return back to work they will have every ones DNA if they want to. I think of many reasons whey they would want everyone's DNA.

I was just more or less wondering what you think they do with the samples afterwards. I understand why they want to test everybody even though it is like 5 months overdue. :spin:

Edited by Thoth101

I am sure many of you have had to get the Coronavirus test for work or just because you wanted to.

The question I have. What do they do with our DNA after it is taken out of our nostrils? Do they destroy it after the test or is it sent on to other labs?

If they wanted your DNA they could just take some hair or skin cells, likely the DNA samples would be contaminated if it was taken from areas with high amounts of germs like the nose. Usually, I just use the DNA from White Blood Cells in the blood for my samples, so they could just take your DNA every-time you get a blood draw if they wanted. Basically, there are much easier ways to take someone's DNA than germ infected nose samples.

Edited by VictorMedvil

If they wanted your DNA they could just take some hair or skin cells, likely the DNA samples would be contaminated if it was taken from areas with high amounts of germs like the nose. Usually, I just use the DNA from White Blood Cells in the blood for my samples, so they could just take your DNA every-time you get a blood draw if they wanted. Basically, there are much easier ways to take someone's DNA than germ infected nose samples.

That sounds about accurate. And I suppose they may have all have our DNA's already since we were born. But just think what they could do if they had just about every humans DNA around the world? They could even target certain populations with viruses.

That sounds about accurate. And I suppose they may have all have our DNA's already since we were born. But just think what they could do if they had just about every humans DNA around the world? They could even target certain populations with viruses.

The Russians have been worried about that the U.S. had requested DNA samples from the Russian population and they fear they are using them in Ethnic bio-weapons, however at this time atleast I do not think that is why the U.S. government is requesting DNA samples from different countries which is more likely for some bio-defense project. The reason I think the U.S. government has stopped making biological weapons is because initially I wanted to join the U.S. Military to make Biological weapons out of college and they said no such program exists anymore, however talked about needing a master's degree or Bachelor's degree in biology to be apart of the bio-defense program. Honestly from my experience with the military I literally think they stopped doing that sort of thing however do now experiment with deadly pathogens to make vaccines and such. I do not know what happened to all the weaponized pathogens they used to have from the 70s, but as of 2015 I was told that they no longer do that anymore the weaponization of pathogens for warfare atleast in the US military(https://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/amedd-categories/medical-service-corps-jobs/clinical-laboratory-scientist.html).

Edited by VictorMedvil

The Russians have been worried about that the U.S. had requested DNA samples from the Russian population and they fear they are using them in Ethnic bio-weapons, however at this time atleast I do not think that is why the U.S. government is requesting DNA samples from different countries which is more likely for some bio-defense project. The reason I think the U.S. government has stopped making biological weapons is because initially I wanted to join the U.S. Military to make Biological weapons out of college and they said no such program exists anymore, however talked about needing a master's degree or Bachelor's degree in biology to be apart of the bio-defense program. Honestly from my experience with the military I literally think they stopped doing that sort of thing however do now experiment with deadly pathogens to make vaccines and such. I do not know what happened to all the weaponized pathogens they used to have from the 70s, but as of 2015 I was told that they no longer do that anymore the weaponization of pathogens for warfare atleast in the US military(https://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/amedd-categories/medical-service-corps-jobs/clinical-laboratory-scientist.html).

Interesting. I was watching a documentary a while back I can't remember which one. But they were saying these programs have been moved to the corporate sector. Because the freedom of information act don't apply to corporations. So that is one way they get around it. So for instance the specimens could be taken by the military but then sent out to a corporate lab. Its the same thing with the FED which isn't a part of the US Gov. So they can get away with pretty much anything.