Science Forums

Younger Self

Dreamhax

Picture this, a man is getting older and wants to return to his younger self. The only way to do this is to escape the exstince he is in and to be seen by someone else at a younger age in time. With the image fresh in the someone else's mind the past is brought forth and the man returns to a younger age. However, he is not able to return to his former exstince with the people he loves and the life he has made for himself because he would only be able to witness his older self. So he escapes the someone else world for another exstistence. If we die there must surely be an afterlife and many paths waiting for us....to leave might bring back youth but could you ever return?

Picture this, a man is getting older and wants to return to his younger self. The only way to do this is to escape the exstince he is in and to be seen by someone else at a younger age in time. With the image fresh in the someone else's mind the past is brought forth and the man returns to a younger age. However, he is not able to return to his former exstince with the people he loves and the life he has made for himself because he would only be able to witness his older self. So he escapes the someone else world for another exstistence. If we die there must surely be an afterlife and many paths waiting for us....to leave might bring back youth but could you ever return?

I think our consciousness continues on forever and we have countless human experiences in different bodies and even on other planets as other forms of intelligent life. The programs we have been indoctrinated to on this current timeline programs us to either believe once your dead you are dead or that there is a heaven and hell. It's your choice to see through the matrix and break through the vail.

Edited by Thoth101

I think our consciousness continues on forever and we have countless human experiences in different bodies and even on other planets as other forms of intelligent life. The programs we have been indoctrinated to on this current timeline programs us to either believe once your dead you or dead or that there is a heaven and hell. It's your choice to see through the matrix and break through the vail.

Is there any reason why you think this way? I'm not saying you're wrong; you could be right. I'm just curious what your thinking was to arrive at this idea.

Is there any reason why you think this way? I'm not saying you're wrong; you could be right. I'm just curious what your thinking was to arrive at this idea.

I think I started to  come to the realization when I was run over by a truck on my bike when I was 13. I had to face death head on and your thinking kind of changes when you see a truck light right at your face and your last thought is that "well I guess I am dead." I didn't have an outer body experience other then I have no memory of the truck running me over and dragging me across the road. That led me to be interested in reading about near death experiences and It made me a lot more interested in what happens when you leave your body. So through reading countless books and studying various information such as ghosts and aliens and even reading channeled material that is what I have come to believe. I also really don't see what the point would be in only living for 70 years and that is it forever. What would be the point in doing anything if that is all life is?

The person has to come to the realization themselves because I found even explaining it to my parents my Dad will still say once you are dead you are dead and my mom still believes in a kind of heaven and hell. And yes I have one parent who is an atheist and the other who is a bible thumper. I still have no idea how they managed to stay together all these years. :lol:

I think I started to  come to the realization when I was run over by a truck on my bike when I was 13. I had to face death head on and your thinking kind of changes when you see a truck light right at your face and your last thought is that "well I guess I am dead." I didn't have an outer body experience other then I have no memory of the truck running me over and dragging me across the road. That led me to be interested in reading about near death experiences and It made me a lot more interested in what happens when you leave your body. So through reading countless books and studying various information such as ghosts and aliens and even reading channeled material that is what I have come to believe. I also really don't see what the point would be in only living for 70 years and that is it forever. What would be the point in doing anything if that is all life is?

The person has to come to the realization themselves because I found even explaining it to my parents my Dad will still say once you are dead you are dead and my mom still believes in a kind of heaven and hell. And yes I have one parent who is an atheist and the other who is a bible thumper. I still have no idea how they managed to stay together all these years. :lol:

Thanks for the candid reply. I suspected there might be an ND Experience at the root of your ontology as I don’t see how anyone develops such ideas any other way. I have had 2 NDEs which have left me with somewhat similar impressions of the nature of being. I also think each person has to come to their own ontological conclusions based on their own experience. It is pointless to try and explain, let alone convince others, especially since there are several possible explanations for these experiences that are entirely natural and less likely have a crank label attached.

Thanks for the candid reply. I suspected there might be an ND Experience at the root of your ontology as I don’t see how anyone develops such ideas any other way. I have had 2 NDEs which have left me with somewhat similar impressions of the nature of being. I also think each person has to come to their own ontological conclusions based on their own experience. It is pointless to try and explain, let alone convince others, especially since there are several possible explanations for these experiences that are entirely natural and less likely have a crank label attached.

Your welcome and thanks for asking. :yes: Yes it could be I just don't remember it. I know I was forever changed afterwards. And the amazing thing was all I got from it was a concussion, bad road burns on the back and a ruptured lung. I didn't even have to stay in the hospital over night. I did have to go to therapy for 3 months to get the macadam out of my back. But I didn't feel any pain until the truck driver woke me up then my back was burning like hell.lol!

That is amazing you had 2 of them. I would like to hear about them sometime if you can share. Yes I agree and it may be just the experience that individual wants to have in a certain lifetime whether it is following a religion or believing there is no after life at all. I have believed them all during this one lifetime so far. So hopefully I am on the right path now in my intuition and logic. I think it is hard to go back once you see the light so they say. :lightbulb