Photo
- - - - -

Is This A Real Problem In Listening Musics?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 balagna

balagna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 03:28 PM

hi,

I enjoy most of anas otman's instrumental muscis and I was listening it but at this one I have come across with a notation (not sure whether all you are able to see that notation at the beginning of that instrumental musics video on youtube and the notation ends with this sentence:

continue to do this and

you will be striked for copyright infringement

is there something like this really?

I mean,whether I have possibility that I might have violated the copyright by failure/mistake.

that instrumental video: https://www.youtube....h?v=qt7q1-zMtz4

Edited by balagna, 15 April 2020 - 03:32 PM.

#2 OceanBreeze

OceanBreeze

Creating

• Moderators
  • 1294 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 01:57 AM

hi,

I enjoy most of anas otman's instrumental muscis and I was listening it but at this one I have come across with a notation (not sure whether all you are able to see that notation at the beginning of that instrumental musics video on youtube and the notation ends with this sentence:

continue to do this and

you will be striked for copyright infringement

is there something like this really?

I mean,whether I have possibility that I might have violated the copyright by failure/mistake.

that instrumental video: https://www.youtube....h?v=qt7q1-zMtz4

A copyright strike is a real issue but if you are only watching/listening, it doesn’t involve you unless you are the one who posted the video.

#3 balagna

balagna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 09:24 AM

A copyright strike is a real issue but if you are only watching/listening, it doesn’t involve you unless you are the one who posted the video.

hi,thank you for your response.

but posting where,here or ...on  youtube?

I did not post anywhere except copy pasting only the link here.

#4 OceanBreeze

OceanBreeze

Creating

• Moderators
  • 1294 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 02:19 AM

You're in the clear. The warning is for people who upload the videos without permission. Posting a link is not a problem.

• balagna likes this

#5 Thoth101

Thoth101

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 04:20 AM

I did a cover song just with my guitar using only a drumbeat from the song "All Right Now" by Free. It was up for a long time and one day they just deleted it saying copyright violation. And I was only doing a cover of it and posted it on YouTube. I was probably supposed to put who the original song was done by and  they probably wouldn't have deleted it. I am not sure.

Edited by Thoth101, 18 April 2020 - 04:22 AM.

#6 balagna

balagna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 07:41 AM

I did a cover song just with my guitar using only a drumbeat from the song "All Right Now" by Free. It was up for a long time and one day they just deleted it saying copyright violation. And I was only doing a cover of it and posted it on YouTube. I was probably supposed to put who the original song was done by and  they probably wouldn't have deleted it. I am not sure.

did they bill you for an amount of money as compensation right? 

I think if copyright is the case,then just deleting your that untrusted work is nothing. 

Edited by balagna, 19 April 2020 - 07:43 AM.