17 replies to this topic

#1 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2669 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 10:11 PM

I was wondering what the effects on global power balances would happen if someone had 125 stealth bombers with multiple 50 MT Antimatter Tzar bombs? Couldn't they just stealth in and blow up every capital city on earth? What are your thoughts on this scenario? The thread about anti-matter weaponry is the (http://www.sciencefo...-of-antimatter/) thread.

unnamed.png

Untitled-7.png

Edited by VictorMedvil, 14 April 2020 - 02:33 PM.

• Thoth101 likes this

#2 Thoth101

Thoth101

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 11:00 PM

I was wondering what the effects on global power balances would happen if someone had 125 stealth bombers with multiple 50 MT Antimatter Tzar bombs? Couldn't they just stealth in and blow up every capital city on earth? What are your thoughts on this scenario? The thread about anti-matter weaponry is the (http://www.sciencefo...imatter-weapon/) thread.

unnamed.png

Untitled-7.png

It would test out the militaries of the different countries that is for sure. I think the US would be done quick because most of our military is overseas. So we wouldn't have much of a fight. They couldn't even stop 2 planes on 911 for one example.

#3 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2669 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 11:18 PM

It would test out the militaries of the different countries that is for sure. I think the US would be done quick because most of our military is overseas. So we wouldn't have much of a fight. They couldn't even stop 2 planes on 911 for one example.

Ya, but the thing is with antimatter weapons versus Fusion weapons is if you can extract pure antimatter and contain it, the devices would be much smaller, this can already be done with Nuclear weapons just the devices are larger, like you couldn't fit many high yield nuclear weapons to a stealth bomber but with antimatter weapons you could fit more, alot more, but that is only if you can extract pure antimatter otherwise with the isotope that generates it you would have huge weapons.

Edited by VictorMedvil, 13 April 2020 - 11:40 PM.

#4 Thoth101

Thoth101

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 03:06 AM

Ya, but the thing is with antimatter weapons versus Fusion weapons is if you can extract pure antimatter and contain it, the devices would be much smaller, this can already be done with Nuclear weapons just the devices are larger, like you couldn't fit many high yield nuclear weapons to a stealth bomber but with antimatter weapons you could fit more, alot more, but that is only if you can extract pure antimatter otherwise with the isotope that generates it you would have huge weapons.

So maybe it wouldn't test the militaries because it would take them right out.lol!

#5 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2669 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 01:35 PM

So maybe it wouldn't test the militaries because it would take them right out.lol!

Well like thoth101, the Tzar bomb a 50 MT nuclear bomb weighed 50,000 pounds, a antimatter device with a yield of 50 MT would weigh like 5.5 pounds, even the 5 Gigaton device, being 100 times more powerful than the Tzar Bomb, would only weigh ‭550‬ pounds where you can't make a nuclear bomb that big.

50 Mt Nuke Map (Moscow,Russia)

Untitled.png

The 5 Gigaton device would have specs of 100x this giving it a blast fireball radius of ‭462‬ Km and a heavy blast damage radius of ‭891‬ Km along with a thermal radiation burn radius of ‭6,000‬ km.

hqdefault.jpg

This shows the grand scale of the weapons I am talking about.

Edited by VictorMedvil, 14 April 2020 - 01:54 PM.

• Thoth101 likes this

#6 Thoth101

Thoth101

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 12:29 AM

Well like thoth101, the Tzar bomb a 50 MT nuclear bomb weighed 50,000 pounds, a antimatter device with a yield of 50 MT would weigh like 5.5 pounds, even the 5 Gigaton device, being 100 times more powerful than the Tzar Bomb, would only weigh ‭550‬ pounds where you can't make a nuclear bomb that big.

50 Mt Nuke Map (Moscow,Russia)

Untitled.png

The 5 Gigaton device would have specs of 100x this giving it a blast fireball radius of ‭462‬ Km and a heavy blast damage radius of ‭891‬ Km along with a thermal radiation burn radius of ‭6,000‬ km.

hqdefault.jpg

This shows the grand scale of the weapons I am talking about.

My first question is why would you want to do this? The pen is much more mightier then a weapon and it will spare woman and children.

#7 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2669 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 01:16 AM

My first question is why would you want to do this? The pen is much more mightier then a weapon and it will spare woman and children.

Cause I like to see dead burnt bodies.

#8 Thoth101

Thoth101

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 02:51 AM

Is there something that happened to you that wants to see this?

#9 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2669 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 09:18 PM

Is there something that happened to you that wants to see this?

#10 montgomery

montgomery

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:36 AM

The purpose of this topic has to be questioning M.A.D.

I remarked on a forum with a couple of high ranking military officers that M.A.D. was a prohibitive factor against nuclear war. They denied it was so, but then became very angry at me for saying so. (lots of cheap insults and then banning from the forum) This confirmed that it still is indeed 'so'!

And so for instance, the enemy has many other means of delivering it's nuclear weapons that wouldn't be effected by complete destruction of their homeland.

If I've guessed the purpose correctly then I hope that's helpful.

#11 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2669 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 11:45 AM

The purpose of this topic has to be questioning M.A.D.

I remarked on a forum with a couple of high ranking military officers that M.A.D. was a prohibitive factor against nuclear war. They denied it was so, but then became very angry at me for saying so. (lots of cheap insults and then banning from the forum) This confirmed that it still is indeed 'so'!

And so for instance, the enemy has many other means of delivering it's nuclear weapons that wouldn't be effected by complete destruction of their homeland.

If I've guessed the purpose correctly then I hope that's helpful.

Well yes, a side question was if M.A.D.(https://en.wikipedia...second strike).) still applied with stealth aircraft with weapons that could devastate a entire nation with just one which could just sneak in and strike, however this is mainly promoting and discussing the usefulness of antimatter weapons versus nuclear weapons in warfare. The only real advantage to antimatter weapon is the size of the antimatter device versus yield is greater than nuclear arms such that you could have a antimatter weapon 1/100th the size of a fusion weapons that had 100x the yield. In that one respect Antimatter weapons are vastly superior to nuclear weapons by 10,000 fold, however in other respects nuclear weapons are better as being much cheaper and fail safe. Antimatter weapons are fail deadly meaning storage of antimatter devices would be more difficult along with being vastly more expensive to make than nuclear weapons.

Edited by VictorMedvil, 18 June 2020 - 11:59 AM.

#12 montgomery

montgomery

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:02 PM

Well yes a side question was if M.A.D.(https://en.wikipedia...second strike).) still applied with stealth aircraft with weapons that could devastate a entire nation with just one which could just sneak in and strike, however this is mainly promoting and discussing the usefulness of antimatter weapons versus nuclear weapons in warfare. The only real advantage to antimatter weapon is the size of the antimatter device versus yield is greater than nuclear arms such that you could have a antimatter weapon 1/100th the size of a fusion weapons that had 100x the yield. In that one respect Antimatter weapons are vastly superior to nuclear weapons by 10,000 fold, however in other respects nuclear weapons are better as being much cheaper and fail safe.

I have no real interest in weapons but if M.A.D. is a side question then you may want to address my reply. Or not? To make myself clear, it's my opinion that MAD does apply, regardless of the type of weapons.

As I related to the comments of two high ranking ex-military officers, they tried to say it doesn't but gave it away by their attitudes and the fact that it resulted in me being immediately banned from the forum for my unpopular opinion

Do you think that there are some possibilities for a US war against a superpower in which MAD wouldn't apply? Those two officers implied that I was just ignorant of the facts, and I'm interested in knowing if anybody else believes that is the case?

#13 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2669 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:03 PM

I have no real interest in weapons but if M.A.D. is a side question then you may want to address my reply. Or not? To make myself clear, it's my opinion that MAD does apply, regardless of the type of weapons.

As I related to the comments of two high ranking ex-military officers, they tried to say it doesn't but gave it away by their attitudes and the fact that it resulted in me being immediately banned from the forum for my unpopular opinion

Do you think that there are some possibilities for a US war against a superpower in which MAD wouldn't apply? Those two officers implied that I was just ignorant of the facts, and I'm interested in knowing if anybody else believes that is the case?

If you could destroy the target before they fire, you could always avoid M.A.D., that's what I am saying, however with all the superpowers having Nuclear Ballistic Submarines that maybe impossible, that may work against a foe like North Korea though that doesn't have N.B.S. in their arsenal.

Edited by VictorMedvil, 18 June 2020 - 12:08 PM.

#14 montgomery

montgomery

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:10 PM

If you could destroy the target before they fire, you could always avoid M.A.D., that's what I am saying, however with all the superpowers having Nuclear Ballistic Submarines that maybe impossible.

And I'm saying that any of the superpowers wouldn't be capable of destroying all the defenses of another. There are nuclear submarines for one instance, all over the world that are capable of delivering enough weapons themselves as an effective counterstrike.

If M.A.D. is of any interest to you here on this topic then you may want to either agree or disagree?

Or if you consider that MAd is off-topic then we can just let it go.

#15 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2669 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:14 PM

And I'm saying that any of the superpowers wouldn't be capable of destroying all the defenses of another. There are nuclear submarines for one instance, all over the world that are capable of delivering enough weapons themselves as an effective counterstrike.

If M.A.D. is of any interest to you here on this topic then you may want to either agree or disagree?

Or if you consider that MAd is off-topic then we can just let it go.

I agree that two things currently make M.A.D. always in effect 1) Nuclear Ballistic Submarines(https://en.wikipedia...ssile_submarine) 2) Orbital Nuclear Weapons(http://www.sciencefo...e-solar-system/) , This is because you cannot predict at what location these weapons are deployed, in the future it maybe possible to take all these down simultaneously but with currently technology these devices become wild card devices that always assure a launch. Theoretically if you had Counter Orbital Nuclear weapons and Counter N.B.S. it would be possible to stop all launches such as these wild card weapons.

Edited by VictorMedvil, 18 June 2020 - 12:27 PM.

#16 montgomery

montgomery

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:27 PM

I agree that two things currently make M.A.D. always in effect 1) Nuclear Ballistic Submarines 2) Orbital Nuclear Weapons , This is because you cannot predict at what location these weapons are deployed, in the future it maybe possible to take all these down simultaneously but with currently technology these devices become wild card devices that always assure a launch. Theoretically if you had Counter Orbital Nuclear weapons and Counter N.B.S. it would be possible to stop all launches such as these wild card weapons.

Yeah, and so fwiw, your opinion upholds my suspicion that the two high ranking ex-military officers were just ensuring me that they held the opinion that MAD does always apply but that they possessed an attitude of not wanting to be reminded. In fact, not even being able to tolerate being reminded!

The interesting thing is that when they became of the opinion that a US war against a superpower was necessary, they needn't consider MAD.

All this becomes worth discussing in my opinion because Trump is a psychopath and to know and understand a few things about one, makes him pretty scary if he's defeated. A psychopath can't ever accept defeat.

#17 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2669 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:37 PM

Yeah, and so fwiw, your opinion upholds my suspicion that the two high ranking ex-military officers were just ensuring me that they held the opinion that MAD does always apply but that they possessed an attitude of not wanting to be reminded. In fact, not even being able to tolerate being reminded!

The interesting thing is that when they became of the opinion that a US war against a superpower was necessary, they needn't consider MAD.

All this becomes worth discussing in my opinion because Trump is a psychopath and to know and understand a few things about one, makes him pretty scary if he's defeated. A psychopath can't ever accept defeat.

But remember that M.A.D. only always applies if they have N.B.S. or O.N.W.P if they don't have them they are fair game. So basically countries like North Korea and etc. can still be nuclear bombed, however the superpowers cannot.

Edited by VictorMedvil, 18 June 2020 - 12:38 PM.