Science Forums

The Future Of Mankind: Augmentation

Vmedvil2

In the future all people's will be genetically engineered,augmented by nano-machines, and robotics to create a more perfect human species, what are your thoughts on this?

Link 1 = https://www.clinicalomics.com/topics/precision-medicine-topic/crispr/first-of-its-kind-crispr-editing-in-living-person-performed/

Link 2 = https://interestingengineering.com/nanobots-will-flowing-body-2030

Link 3 = https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/04/robotic-suit-first-step-slippery-slope-us-becoming-cyborgs/

The future of Mankind is coming ever so quickly, human 2.0.

Edited by VictorMedvil

Not my future if I can help it. I like my organic self I will not become in-organic.

You may not have a choice in the matter, despite being against this. I think in the end you will die if you don't, those will be your choices death or augmentation, the only choice for everyone.

Edited by VictorMedvil

You may not have a choice in the matter, despite being against this. I think in the end you will die if you don't, those will be your choices death or augmentation, the only choice for everyone.

You may be right. I will take death of my body. They can't have my spirit or soul.

I'd definitely choose augmentation. I don't believe in this 'soul' sh*t, I'm not religious at all. They can make all the improvements they want. The fact is, we'll never be able to survive long term in space if we don't make changes to ourselves, so why put a limit on what we can do? so f**k it, go all the way I say.

There are no cavemen walking around today and I don't see why there would be earthlings travelling around deep space.

It's just evolution to me.

Edited by jack99

I'd definitely choose augmentation. I don't believe in this 'soul' sh*t, I'm not religious at all. They can make all the improvements they want. The fact is, we'll never be able to survive long term in space if we don't make changes to ourselves, so why put a limit on what we can do? so f**k it, go all the way I say.

There are no cavemen walking around today and I don't see why there would be earthlings travelling around deep space.

It's just evolution to me.

You don't need to be religious to know you have a soul. I am anti religion and still know we have some kind of energy that lasts forever. Whatever you want to call it or at least a consciousness that always exists.

You don't need to be religious to know you have a soul. I am anti religion and still know we have some kind of energy that lasts forever. Whatever you want to call it or at least a consciousness that always exists.

Don't believe in ghosts either.

Don't believe in ghosts either.

Ghosts are spirits that come into manifestation in ectoplasmic form. They are spirits trapped between dimensions - usually third and foruth dimension. As with all things - ghosts have their own frequency signatures.

They communicate telepathically - in though form. Anyone who has opened their gifts of clairaudience and clairvoyance can communicate with them. Ghosts can also communicate through tools like - ouija boards and other forms of mediumships.

Ghosts usualy come to communicate - not torment the people they come to visit. Poltergeists on the other hand enjoy mischief and can get violent.

Ectoplasm is the substance that enables spirits to manifest physically to some degree. Sometimes the ectoplasmic energies can be seen - and other times photographed. Ectoplasm is not solid in consistency - it is more like a 'haze' in density! When photographed a true spirit will appear as circular rings of energy.

https://www.crystalinks.com/disincarnate.html

post-96082-0-67672800-1586773365.gif

post-96082-0-20544900-1586773369.gif

Edited by Thoth101

What do you think Ectoplasm or ectoplasmic energy is ? 

That is a very good question. That sounds like something to dive in a little further and investigate more. Off the top of my head I would think it is the energy of that spirit that can not fully manifest into this physical dimension.

I was thinking more along the line of ghost busters :)

Looking in the dictionary 

1. 1.
    DATEDBIOLOGY
    the more viscous, clear outer layer of the cytoplasm in amoeboid cells.

2. 2.
    a supernatural viscous substance that supposedly exudes from the body of a medium during a spiritualistic trance and forms the material for the manifestation of spirits.

I am guessing you will go with 2 :)

So looking up what a medium is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediumship "Mediumship gained popularity during the nineteenth century, when ouija boards were used by the upper classes as a source of entertainment. Investigations during this period revealed widespread fraud—with some practitioners employing techniques used by stage magicians—and the practice began to lose credibility.[3][4] Fraud is still rife in the medium/psychic industry, with cases of deception and trickery being discovered to this day.[5]"

It is on Ghostbusters that is for sure. and same thing I thought. Since you like Wikipedia this is what they say.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ectoplasm_%28paranormal%29

The idea of ectoplasm was merged into the notion of an "ectenic force" by some early psychical researchers who were seeking a physical explanation for reports of psychokinesis in séances.[14] Its existence was initially hypothesized by Count Agenor de Gasparin, to explain the phenomena of table turning and tapping during séances. Ectenic force was named by de Gasparin's colleague M. Thury, a professor of natural history at the Academy of Geneva. Between them, de Gasparin and Thury conducted a number of experiments in ectenic force, and claimed some success. Their work was not independently verified.[15][16]

Other psychical researchers who studied mediumship speculated that within the human body an unidentified fluid termed the "psychode", "psychic force" or "ecteneic force" existed and was capable of being released to influence matter.[17][18] This view was held by Camille Flammarion[19] and William Crookes, however a later psychical researcher Hereward Carrington pointed out that the fluid was hypothetical and has never been discovered.[20]

The psychical investigator W. J. Crawford (1881–1920) had claimed that a fluid substance was responsible for levitation of objects after witnessing the medium Kathleen Goligher. Crawford, after witnessing a number of her séances, claimed to have obtained flashlight photographs of the substance; he later described the substance as "plasma". He claimed the substance is not visible to the naked eye but can be felt by the body.[21]

The physicist and psychical researcher Edmund Edward Fournier d'Albe later investigated the medium Kathleen Goligher at many sittings and arrived at the opposite conclusions to Crawford; according to D'Albe, no paranormal phenomena such as levitation had occurred with Goligher and stated he had found evidence of fraud. D'Albe claimed the substance in the photographs of Crawford was ordinary muslin.[22][23] During a séance D'Albe had observed white muslin between Goligher's feet.[24]

Ah Ah the Ghost Busters ectoplasm is just special effects/magic tricks, just like what mediums or magicians use who earn a living from the gullible. Harmless fun maybe? A bit of escapism perhaps ? 

Just how many more beliefs can be ascribed to be tricks by magicians or dreams/hallucinations/narcosis. Remote viewing perhaps, how many more ? 

Well yes a movie is special effects that is obvious. Many people have experienced ghosts and they are all not fake and hallucinations. Can a whole family hallucinate together? Just because you have never experienced a ghost for yourself don't make what others have experienced not being true. That is just being ignorant. I think maybe you are afraid of ghosts being real so with all your hope you hope they are not real because you are scared.

Denovian man was around before Neanderthal. The aboriginals of Australia have a pretty high level of denovian dna. And if you are of northern european heritage you will have upto about 6% neanderthal in your genes.  

The Denisovans ( Homo denisova ) were hominids related to the Neanderthals, but the two species diverged about three quarters of a million years ago. All that is known about them comes from a single cave in Siberia, the Denisova cave .

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-evolution-human-origins/denisovans-mated-modern-humans-0011688

In scientific terms would the following fit the bill.

"Your body with its internal nervous system functions as a pure mechanism according to the laws of nature. Further more quantum mechanics is the ultimate basis of the mechanism."

See the consciousness thread for collective consciousness links and degrees of quantum entanglement.

From that cave in Siberia DNA samples were taken, showing the aboriginals of Australia retain a lot of denovian DNA. 

Neanderthal DNA seen mostly in northern europeans gives additional immunity https://www.genengnews.com/topics/omics/neanderthal-genes-not-only-deepen-immunity-they-also-add-to-hair-and-skin-tones/ This MIGHT be why a lot more people of color are being hospitalized by corona virus than whites https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/04/coronavirus-exposing-our-racial-divides/609526/

You asked me what I thought not for scientific terms.I talk in terms that people can understand. If I wanted to read parables I would read the New Testament. :lol: And If I wanted to talk in Parables I would say bow down and worship me. I am your science god. :rofl:

Not sure what you are getting at with the Neanderthals. Yea I hear Opera on TV all the time how this is only hurting nobody else. Just the black race. She has to be one of the most racist people. It's always about race for her and not humans yet nobody calls her out on it. Maybe the virus is racist like Opera and only likes people of color.

Edited by Thoth101

Is that a question? what is quantum mechanics ? 

I will try and weave this into words you will understand, and might keep you interested, based on your prediliction for the Hindu Vedas

You will be aware that all things are made up of fundamental particles en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elementary_particle these can all be regarded as quantum fluctuations with different properties. 

You will have heard of entanglement "Einsteins spooky action" at a distance. This is where particles separated by large distances can affect another particle that is entangled with it, ie two entangled particles behave as the same particle, even though they are separated in space and time :shocked: . Yes a future event has been proven experimentally to affect a past event.

All of the quantum fluctuations in the universe maybe entangled to differing degrees. Entanglement can only be confirmed when particles are completely entangled ie in synch with each other. Partial entanglement can not be tested, so from a scientific point of view it is "not even wrong" , but can not be proven right either.

What we perceive through our senses once we zoom in and take a really close look is not how the real world works.

The holographic idea, I have seen in some of your posts, is an attempt to explain the effects of entanglement whereby points separated in space and time can be directly connected. Mathematically you could write from one of your links https://www.crystalinks.com/consciousness.html> "We exist in a matrix, simulation, hologram, or virtually programmed reality that we believe is real because our brains tell us it is." 

From the same link, pansychism might be related to a certain extent via entanglement. 

A light link on entenglement from forbes https://www.forbes.com/sites/chadorzel/2017/02/28/how-do-you-create-quantum-entanglement/

Maybe random entanglement due to proximity with your wife enables her to read your thoughts :)

Thanks and I appreciate how you put all that. That all makes sense and you have to remember the average person is not going to understand the scientific literature it can almost seem like a different language. So the way you put that anybody can understand even with my average mind. :lol: I really can't disagree with you on any of that. Just by looking at all that it can be said we are all connected in some way. That is interesting in an experiment and

I have heard of that before where a future even can effect the past. I also do think past, present and future are always going on simultaneously. We are just focused on this present moment right now.

I am not very good at reading the wording of scientific literature and I really think they make it more complicated then it needs to be and it is just so boring and mind numbing.lol! But in my own mind I can understand and none of this is really not complicated at all and a lot of it is common sense. I think a lot of our inner knowledge is programmed out of us through from birth on up. Through family, religions, experts, schools.Etc.

I do understand though that experimenting needs to be done so we can say for sure. But I do think we are born with the knowledge they are finding through experimenting. But also we must realize an experiment can change just by your thought on it. If we all create our own reality then the outcome of anything can be changed by what you think of it.

So with all of that you know I find it hard to believe you don 't think their are ghosts. I am a bit confused by that. I know and understand many people must see something to believe it and that is the best way to be. But I just think their is so much information on ghosts and paranormal I am pretty sure there is more to it then imagination. At the least it could be leftover energy. Have you ever seen the show Paranormal 911?