Science Forums

The Beginnings Of A Terran Space-Faring Civilization

Vmedvil2

Few hurdles I can see. I've gotmy eyes on self-learning computers for autonomous robotics as a key technology we'll need.

a big issue is raw materials out of the local well, there's plenty of NEO that could be processed but unlikely to get that done with humans, so robotics in the form of some psudo von-neuman swarm is the way to go IMHO. The necessity to have "built before we get there" only increases by distance.

Musk's mars timeline is kinda nuts, but space jockies are going to have to be that razors-edge-of-suicidal type no matter how you look at it...

Few hurdles I can see. I've gotmy eyes on self-learning computers for autonomous robotics as a key technology we'll need.

a big issue is raw materials out of the local well, there's plenty of NEO that could be processed but unlikely to get that done with humans, so robotics in the form of some psudo von-neuman swarm is the way to go IMHO. The necessity to have "built before we get there" only increases by distance.

Musk's mars timeline is kinda nuts, but space jockies are going to have to be that razors-edge-of-suicidal type no matter how you look at it...

GAHD you are always a good and logical mind, I love to see your posts in my threads they are always very intelligent and well thought out.

Edited by VictorMedvil