Science Forums

Why Do Jewishes Have High Tendency To Money?

balagna

• 9 months later...

This is a ridiculous, distasteful, thread!  In the first place there is NO word "Jewishes".  The noun is "Jew" or, plural, "Jews" and "Jewish" is an adjective.  Further the idea that Jews have "a high tendency to money" is a false slur.  And you cannot shift responsibility from yourself by saying "that word does not belong me" because you did not ask if it was true, you asked why it was true.

In the middle ages, and before, Christians were forbidden to lend money for  interest, the idea being that you should help others in need out of "Christian Goodness".  But then the "Capitalist" era began where you could use money, not just for the necessities of life but to invest and make more money.  So many people wanted to borrow money but Christians were forbidden to loan it.  That was when Jewish moneylenders became important and that is what started the (untrue) canard that Jews (NOT "Jewishes"!) only were concerned with money. 

On 1/5/2021 at 11:43 PM, CountryBoy said:

Further the idea that Jews have "a high tendency to money" is a false slur.

it is not that. it might be truth. because as far as I know ,here in turkey during last four decades ,I heard that they captured may big corporations. Unilever and cocacola are probably just some. 

Further the idea that Jews have "a high tendency to money" is a false slur.  And you cannot shift responsibility from yourself by saying "that word does not belong me" because you did not ask if it was true, you asked why it was true.

ok. I can accept no difference here between asking that and the other idea you mentioned. Because I heard that many times among many turkishes. 

and you do not have rights to judge me!

and jews will not be able to escape from their numerous guilts ,wildness and murders they did do. I am almost sure they they will eventually be punished.

Christians were forbidden to lend money for  interest

if this is correct,I can congratulate those christians.

That was when Jewish moneylenders became important

this also refutes your idea. meanwhile,interest is not an exact/correct intention to anyone conversely it is incorrect.

17 hours ago, CountryBoy said:

Oh, now I begin to understand, you just cannot read or write English.  That's why you are writing nonsense.

no, that is your stupidity. you don't/cannot understand even very simple sentences. 

Edited by balagna

14 hours ago, CountryBoy said:

Very well, then, if I am wrong, and you really intended what you wrote, why are you so anti-semitic?

I am not exactly anti semitic ,which means a type of racism or something that reminiscent so. 

but we won't forget their greed and wildness.

While I realized the original post in this thread may make some people uncomfortable,  I considered the topic to be worthy of discussion as long as it could be done in a reasoned and intelligent manner.

After all, this topic has been approached by no less than the Manovill Conversations, sponsored by the Laszlo N. Tauber Family Foundation, in a series entitled “Loaded: Jews & Money”

Some excerpts from that link:

“The numbers are telling, though they aren’t the whole story. A 2008 Pew Forum Institute study found that Jews are the nation’s wealthiest religious group, with 46 percent earning $100,000 or more a year, compared with 18 percent of the overall population.”

“As for mega-wealth, the most recent Forbes list of the 400 richest Americans included nearly 100 Jewish billionaires — a striking statistic for a group that represents less than 2 percent of the population. Then again, financial criminals such as Bernie Madoff and Jack Abramoff embarrassed many in the Jewish community.”

And this:

“Presenters will touch on the history of Jewish success in business, and how resentment hardened into an often lethal form of anti-Semitism. They also will consider the flip side: how tzedakah, the giving of charity, is a hard-wired Jewish value, and how countless Jews throughout history have been poor as dirt”

I also found this interesting:

“Because they were often excluded from other areas of economic activity, like land owning,” Muller added, “Jews tended to be on the lookout for opportunities, for new markets, new commodities or new ways of retailing. [Jews] often began as peddlers, which is a way of reaching untapped markets. Later on they were involved in a number of new forms of retailing, such as department stores, catalogue sales, then box stores.”

This could have been an interesting discussion about how this harmful stereotype originated and why it still persists, but it is now clear that the OP really does have an anti-Semitic agenda and this thread is now closed.