Science Forums

Coronavirus Is Fake News

Vmedvil2

I want to take this time to tell you, I told you so I told you that biological weapons were this powerful to infect the entire world, you said I was mad but I called it. like "Oh, ya Mr. Medvil biological weapons and genetic weapons are less powerful than you say, you are exaggerating", This is absolute proof that they aren't as weak as you thought, this apparently wasn't even genetically engineered and infected like the entire world.

Edited by VictorMedvil

Apparently not in Portugal. Some people in a government office have to register the deeds and they have all shut down. On this island there was one case of corona virus about a week ago, and no more since YET. The young woman involved only has a mild dose .  I guess if they get through the next week since the airports have shut down. The island might be in the clear, for a while. Hopefully they will then promptly reopen the government deeds office, and I can quickly finalize all my contracts. 

Then I am just faced with waiting for them to open the ports on the other islands, so I can move into my new house. 

Pessimistically corona virus will spread on the island and the government will stay in lock down, I will get a cough and a bit of a fever, and not be able to close the contract for the foreseeable future **** **** ****

I find it odd that nobody seems to know who has had Corona are who has died from it. Yet celebs seem to come down with it. I am really starting to think it may all be a planned psyops. Do you know anybody who has had it or who has died from it?

I totally agree that there is a spike in deaths in Italy since this epidemic hit there.

There is no doubt that many of these deaths are related to the virus.

But, that still does not make this virus the killer that it is being portrayed as; when you consider that most of these people were quite old and had other serious conditions. The virus was the last straw for them. That is very sad as these old people are a national treasure and losing so many all at once is tragic.

But we don't need to get into a panic over this and say things like the US or the UK is on track to be the next Italy.

That most likely will not be the case.

As for the lockdowns, this is dangerous overkill.

Just my opinion.

I totally agree and that is just common sense and logic to think that.

No, that isn't what I said. I do think that ultimately it will be either herd immunity or a vaccine that finally stops this, but I am not in favor of letting it run its course. I have said several times that flattening the curve is important. 

That can be done without shutting down entire countries.

I think part of their plan is to give everyone a vaccine. You have to ask the question who does this Corona virus benefit the most? First thing that comes to my mind is Big Pharma. I could just see them having checkpoints for the vaccine. Hopefully it don't come to that but only time will tell.

It's not like any of that matters, all that matters is that you can get people to "Believe" you are the right choice. All politics is a (Well Funded Propaganda Machine) + (Popularity Prom King or Queen) = (Elected Official). I mean it goes back to the axiom that all politicians lie their *** off to get elected, it doesn't matter if its true or not only that the people "Believe" its true. That's why Trump hates the "Fake News" because it hurts the people's "Belief" that he was a good president or leader which is just a "Propaganda Machine" owned by 6 different corporations. This entire coronavirus situation is being created by the "Fake News" for some political agenda, you know it is, but what they may not realize is this bullshit costs people money, if people were wise they would slap the "Fake News" with a bill for the cost of this Fake Coronavirus crisis, that would straighten them up just fine them for like 5 trillion dollars or whatever this has cost the government thus far. If people really thought about it these "Fake News" people would be shot in the streets.

propaganda-quote-2-picture-quote-1.jpg

We should come together and sue the pants off of the mainstream media.

Would you agree that it will kill more people than the common flu, and would you agree that it will have 10 to 30 times more fatalities than the flu from the data already in. Another link https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2020/3/13/21176735/covid-19-coronavirus-worse-than-flu-comparison

Regarding panic, I guess it depends how old you are. In a couple of weeks we will know what is happening in the UK and the US. Governments are supposed to try and protect their people, the money markets are a secondary consideration. 

Without the lock downs in Italy, the Italian infection rate would still be increasing. If they had put the measures in sooner, they MIGHT have it under control by now. 

I don't agree with any of that, especially the "10 to 30 times more fatalities than the flu" where are you getting that from? We don't have nearly enough data to make that sort of projection.

I tell you what, since we are all free to make up our own news, I am going to totally make up some numbers just to demonstrate what is really going on.

Day One at some nursing home in Washington State: 36 people die and autopsy reports show they all had Covid-19. No living people have been tested for Covid-19 at this point.

Day One Mathematical Fact: 36 deaths from Covid-19 / 36 people tested positive = 100% Death Rate! We are all going to die! Another Fact: 36 people tested positive / 36 people tested = 100% infection rate! We are all going to get infected and we are all going to die!

Day Two: 100 more people are tested and there are six positives.

Day Two Mathematical Fact: 36 people dead / 42 people positive = 86% Death Rate;  Also 42 people tested positive / 136 people tested = 31% infection rate  Hey, maybe some of us will get to live but this is serious!

Day Three: 500 more people are tested, There are 25 new positives and one more person has died.

Day Three mathematical Fact: 37 people dead / 67 people positive = 55% Death Rate; Also 67 people positive / 636 people tested = 10% infection rate. Looking better but still 100 x as infectios as the flu and 500 times more deadly. This is still serious.

Now let’s jump into Polymath’s time machine and take a look into the future:

Day 30: 200,000 more people are tested, there are 30,000 new positives and 500 more people have died. 537 people dead / 30,067 positives = 1.8% death rate Also 30,067 positives / 200,636 tested = 15% infection rate.

OK, That is enough for you to see the trend and maybe get the point I am making.

Death rate is really starting to come down but still high enough to be worried. But why is the rate of new cases going back up? Should we be worried about that? The fact is, the rate of new cases is mainly being determined by the rate of new testing. The tests just find what is already out there; you test more, you find more. That tells you little or nothing about  the infection rate!

If this follows a bell curve, as every other infectious disease has been shown to do, sooner rather than later the death rates and infection rates really start to come down and we end up realizing this was not much worse than the seasonal flu all along. Law of epidemics: A virus doesn’t grow linearly forever. It accelerates, plateaus, and then declines as a bell curve.

If you don’t believe me, maybe you will believe this guy?

Italy is a strange case. 25% of the population over 65 years old and many people much older than that. But there still must be some other contributing factors that we don’t know yet. The health care system broke down, the old people live in small isolated villages and word of excessive deaths didn’t get out fast enough, that sort of thing. We know some of this from earthquakes in remote areas of Italy where the true extent of loss of lives often is not known until many days later. It seems they had conditions that favored the virus and disfavored the old folks. Very sad. We are not all like Italy!

I don't agree with any of that, especially the "10 to 30 times more fatalities than the flu" where are you getting that from? We don't have nearly enough data to make that sort of projection.

I tell you what, since we are all free to make up our own news, I am going to totally make up some numbers just to demonstrate what is really going on.

Day One at some nursing home in Washington State: 36 people die and autopsy reports show they all had Covid-19. No living people have been tested for Covid-19 at this point.

Day One Mathematical Fact: 36 deaths from Covid-19 / 36 people tested positive = 100% Death Rate! We are all going to die! Another Fact: 36 people tested positive / 36 people tested = 100% infection rate! We are all going to get infected and we are all going to die!

Day Two: 100 more people are tested and there are six positives.

Day Two Mathematical Fact: 36 people dead / 42 people positive = 86% Death Rate;  Also 42 people tested positive / 136 people tested = 31% infection rate  Hey, maybe some of us will get to live but this is serious!

Day Three: 500 more people are tested, There are 25 new positives and one more person has died.

Day Three mathematical Fact: 37 people dead / 67 people positive = 55% Death Rate; Also 67 people positive / 636 people tested = 10% infection rate. Looking better but still 100 x as infectios as the flu and 500 times more deadly. This is still serious.

Now let’s jump into Polymath’s time machine and take a look into the future:

Day 30: 200,000 more people are tested, there are 30,000 new positives and 500 more people have died. 537 people dead / 30,067 positives = 1.8% death rate Also 30,067 positives / 200,636 tested = 15% infection rate.

OK, That is enough for you to see the trend and maybe get the point I am making.

Death rate is really starting to come down but still high enough to be worried. But why is the rate of new cases going back up? Should we be worried about that? The fact is, the rate of new cases is mainly being determined by the rate of new testing. The tests just find what is already out there; you test more, you find more. That tells you little or nothing about  the infection rate!

If this follows a bell curve, as every other infectious disease has been shown to do, sooner rather than later the death rates and infection rates really start to come down and we end up realizing this was not much worse than the seasonal flu all along. Law of epidemics: A virus doesn’t grow linearly forever. It accelerates, plateaus, and then declines as a bell curve.

If you don’t believe me, maybe you will believe this guy?

Italy is a strange case. 25% of the population over 65 years old and many people much older than that. But there still must be some other contributing factors that we don’t know yet. The health care system broke down, the old people live in small isolated villages and word of excessive deaths didn’t get out fast enough, that sort of thing. We know some of this from earthquakes in remote areas of Italy where the true extent of loss of lives often is not known until many days later. It seems they had conditions that favored the virus and disfavored the old folks. Very sad. We are not all like Italy!

Great points.

The Pope lives in Italy maybe he is sucking the life out of them. :lol:  :lol:

Yes I agree the curve will slow down and plateau as the weaker individuals die off sooner than the rest. 

The 10 to 30% came from my previous link

Covid_19_CFR_by_age_vs._US_Seasonal_Flu_

A comparison of flu death rates to Covid-19 deaths in China in the period leading up to the peak of the country’s outbreak. The exact fatality rate of Covid-19 is not yet known

Then you know the 10X to 30X is meaningless.

Why would you ask me if I agree with it?
Edited by OceanBreeze

Yes I agree the curve will slow down and plateau as the weaker individuals die off sooner than the rest. 

The 10 to 30% came from my previous link

Covid_19_CFR_by_age_vs._US_Seasonal_Flu_

A comparison of flu death rates to Covid-19 deaths in China in the period leading up to the peak of the country’s outbreak. The exact fatality rate of Covid-19 is not yet known

Not to mention the virus needs it's host to survive. It figures out overtime that if it is killing it's hosts it won't survive. I heard that somewhere but I don't remember where.

I dont think I said I dont believe you. I picked some links of the internet as you appear to be trivializing the predicted death rates. You are denying that covid-19 is worse than the flu. You have produced no justification for this, many older people who might be enjoying their golden years @Hazelm might not like the idea of being collateral damage in the fight against corona virus. Letting the virus run its course, will cost a lot more lives unnecessarily when simple measures can be implemented to reduce the infection rates.

What the world governments seem to be trying to achieve is to minimise the number of deaths via implementing preventative measures. Do you disagree with these measures, or is your concern more for the economy than human life?

You will notice the age groups worst affected are your 60 + many of these are unhealthy politicians. Perhaps this motivates them to try and minimise the effects of the disease, and forget the effects on the economy. If everyone carried on going about their business as normal, many more would die would they not?

A world economic collapse is a serious possibility. Governments are putting in place funding to try and support the economy. If these measures dont work a new world order might appear once the Corona virus has subsided, with China being the safe place to put your money, instead of America or Europe. The dollar may lose its reputation as a safe haven in favour of the yen.

Maybe Donald Trump will meet his demise, but hopefully not before his insanely religious vice president, who might decide faith healing will cure the sick.

"Letting the virus run its course, will cost a lot more lives unnecessarily when simple measures can be implemented to reduce the infection rates"

That is at least the second time you have said this, as if to say that is my position.

For at least the third time, That is not my position!

Do I need to provide quotes of my posts where I say we must flatten the curve? We must use common sense measures such as hand washing and using masks, providing more respirators, getting people to exercise social distancing and stay at home when they are sick etc etc.

Do me a favor and read my posts before trying to tell me what my position is. Thanks

We do need to avoid economic collapse that can be brought on by the more extreme measures being used, such as locking everything and everybody down. I am against those extreme measures, they are uncalled for.

Again, just my opinion. And you are entitled to yours

I find it odd that nobody seems to know who has had Corona are who has died from it. Yet celebs seem to come down with it. I am really starting to think it may all be a planned psyops. Do you know anybody who has had it or who has died from it?

Yes.

I am just getting over a mild infection with it (cough has gone, no more fever or muscular aches, but I've now lost my sense of smell and taste). My brother and his son have had it (the son worse than the brother). A friend in N London has had it, slightly. Another in Derbyshire has been sufficiently ill with it to go to hospital (he's out again now). The brother in law of another friend has been in bed with it, feeling terrible, for a week and his one yr old son has been coughing terribly.

I do not know anyone, yet, who has died from it, but if it gets into my father's nursing home I'll get back to you on that. 

Edited by exchemist

Yes.

I am just getting over a mild infection with it (cough has gone, no more fever or muscular aches, but I've now lost my sense of smell and taste). My brother and his son have had it (the son worse than the brother). A friend in N London has had it, slightly. Another in Derbyshire has been sufficiently ill with it to go to hospital (he's out again now). The brother in law of another friend has been in bed with it, feeling terrible, for a week and his one yr old son has been coughing terribly.

I do not know anyone, yet, who has died from it, but if it gets into my father's nursing home I'll get back to you on that. 

Sorry about your experience.

I do need to ask you though, have you or any of the people you mention, been tested for covid?

How do you know it wasn't the flu?

From the UK gov website 

As of 9am on 23 March 2020, a total of 83,945 people have been tested, of which 77,295 were confirmed negative and 6,650 were confirmed positive.

As of 1pm on 23 March 2020, 335 patients in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) have died.

------------------

335/6650 x 100 = 5% death rate, hopefully its peaked.

That death rate is meaningless unless you know the true number of people who are infected.

Do you claim that 6650 is the true number of infected in the UK?

Sorry about your experience.

I do need to ask you though, have you or any of the people you mention, been tested for covid?

How do you know it wasn't the flu?

We don't, of course. But nobody all gets the flu in the space of a fortnight, especially when they've been immunised, as I have, nor do they have the characteristic symptoms of Covid 19 that we have been told to look out for.    

The disease is all over London now. I've already mentioned Northwick Park hospital is turning people away from A&E, because of a surge in respiratory admissions. My cardiologist at St. George's Tooting, down the road, is at home self-isolating due to symptoms after treating a patient who has since died of it - he actually wrote an article in the Guardian about it.  

These observations are consistent with what the modelling and the health authorities are telling us to expect.     

We don't, of course. But nobody all gets the flu in the space of a fortnight, especially when they've been immunised, as I have, nor do they have the characteristic symptoms of Covid 19 that we have been told to look out for.    

The disease is all over London now. I've already mentioned Northwick Park hospital is turning people away from A&E, because of a surge in respiratory admissions. My cardiologist at St. George's Tooting, down the road, is at home self-isolating due to symptoms after treating a patient who has since died of it - he actually wrote an article in the Guardian about it.  

These observations are consistent with what the modelling and the health authorities are telling us to expect.     

But you don't know it wasn't the flu. We all need to remember this is the flu season and people are still getting the flu.

I had the flu myself, earlier this year. If I had it now I would probably assume it was covid. Just human nature, but not scientific.

My guess is there are at least 100,000 in London alone, from the proportion of my contacts and their contacts that have had it.  

Yes, then in the UK maybe several hundred thousand. That brings the death rate down dramatically, but we just don't have enough data.

Not enough to cause the panic we are seeing, surely!