• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

#256 GAHD

GAHD

Eldritch Horror

• Administrators
  • 2853 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 04:28 PM

According to the CDC's data, the symptomatic case fatality percentage is 0.4 percent.

Reading further into the data reveals it's even lower than that.

Scenario 5 includes data on "[p]ercent of infections that are asymptomatic." That, according to the CDC, is 35 percent.

https://www.wnd.com/...6RR7VJn6KtslGu8

#257 OceanBreeze

OceanBreeze

Creating

• Moderators
  • 1284 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:40 AM

The truth is slowly starting to come out, at least in Germany:

Germany’s federal government and mainstream media are engaged in damage control after a report that challenges the established Corona narrative leaked from the interior ministry. The 93-pages report titled “Analysis of the Crisis Management”  (in German) has been drafted by a scientific panel appointed by the interior ministry and composed by external medical experts from several German universities.

Some of the report key passages are:

The dangerousness of Covid-19 was overestimated: probably at no point did the danger posed by the new virus go beyond the normal level.

The people who die from Corona are essentially those who would statistically die this year, because they have reached the end of their lives and their weakened bodies can no longer cope with any random everyday stress (including the approximately 150 viruses currently in circulation).

Worldwide, within a quarter of a year, there has been no more than 250,000 deaths from Covid-19, compared to 1.5 million deaths [25,100 in Germany] during the influenza wave 2017/18.

The danger is obviously no greater than that of many other viruses. There is no evidence that this was more than a false alarm.

A reproach could go along these lines: During the Corona crisis the State has proved itself as one of the biggest producers of Fake News.

The report focuses on the “manifold and heavy consequences of the Corona measures” and warns that these are “grave”.

More people are dying because of state-imposed Corona-measures than they are being killed by the virus.

The reason is a scandal in the making:

A Corona-focused German healthcare system is postponing life-saving surgery and delaying or reducing treatment for non-Corona patients.

Edited by OceanBreeze, 02 June 2020 - 11:52 AM.

• Thoth101 likes this

#258 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 05:38 AM

Its a question of context. https://www.weforum....19-coronavirus/ comparing global death rates from different diseases, makes the current almost 400000 dead this year from corona virus not appear so bad. 

As for claiming it is only those that were due to die, I have at least one American friend who was extremely healthy, now in intensive care in cape town fighting for his life on an incubator and kidney failure. Another person I know has a daughter who is 6 months pregnant with the disease. At six months I understand the faetus has developed its organs so should probably be ok. Covid -19 can affect the development of organs at the early stages of a development.

Did anyone with Health Insurance in America realize it does not cover for declared Pandemics. My friends have raised $30000 via crowd funding due to their health insurance refusing to pay out because covid-19 has been declared a Pandemic.

Who can still make money out of a declared Pandemic, Insurance companies, ??????? 

The death rates here in the Azores have been just over 10% of those infected (about 150 people), and tested positive for covid-19. All contacts with covid-19 patients were traced and tested also. The figure seems a little high, likely because the disease got into a old folks home. Many of the patients there recovered, so being old and frail is not the only cause of death. Based on the Azorean figures of +ve covid-19 cases the USA is headed for 200000 dead, unless you have a civil war. 

#259 Thoth101

Thoth101

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:28 PM

The truth is slowly starting to come out, at least in Germany:

Germany’s federal government and mainstream media are engaged in damage control after a report that challenges the established Corona narrative leaked from the interior ministry. The 93-pages report titled “Analysis of the Crisis Management”  (in German) has been drafted by a scientific panel appointed by the interior ministry and composed by external medical experts from several German universities.

Some of the report key passages are:

The dangerousness of Covid-19 was overestimated: probably at no point did the danger posed by the new virus go beyond the normal level.

The people who die from Corona are essentially those who would statistically die this year, because they have reached the end of their lives and their weakened bodies can no longer cope with any random everyday stress (including the approximately 150 viruses currently in circulation).

Worldwide, within a quarter of a year, there has been no more than 250,000 deaths from Covid-19, compared to 1.5 million deaths [25,100 in Germany] during the influenza wave 2017/18.

The danger is obviously no greater than that of many other viruses. There is no evidence that this was more than a false alarm.

A reproach could go along these lines: During the Corona crisis the State has proved itself as one of the biggest producers of Fake News.

The report focuses on the “manifold and heavy consequences of the Corona measures” and warns that these are “grave”.

More people are dying because of state-imposed Corona-measures than they are being killed by the virus.

The reason is a scandal in the making:

A Corona-focused German healthcare system is postponing life-saving surgery and delaying or reducing treatment for non-Corona patients.

Great find and I think this is what we thought all along. As they say "never let a good crisis go to waste". No doubt in my mind for a while now the mainstream(governments) are the biggest pushers of false news and propaganda. Still most people will have their heads in the sand and fall for it every time. They love their servitude.

#260 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 02:25 AM

I wonder what the infection rate and subsequent death toll would be without some form of social distancing. Many countries seem to be registering at least 50% above the seasonal norm in April. With out any measures to stop the spread of the virus, it will be interesting to see what the final numbers will be. 

Assuming 50% of the human population gets it, about 4 billion, 4000 000 000 people https://www.worldome...Census Bureau).

with various mortality rates

10% = 400 000 000 dead

3% = 120 000 000 dead

1% = 40 000 000

If the various health services are not over run. Only people with access to good health care will see numbers at the 1% end of the range.  

There were estimates of 5% of those infected needing help. That would mean out of the 4 billion people infected,  200 000 000 people would need help to survive the virus. If they all got infected at once the health services globally would be over run, maybe this is why social distancing is a good idea ??? 

Once recovered people will have a resistance, and possible organ damage. This resistance will reduce over time giving them a second chance of getting infected. Or they could eventually die of organ failure due to the Covid-19. Since Insurance companies dont cover Pandemics, I would guess they will not cover the after effects of covid-19 like organ failure. In countries where there is no free health service this could be another issue.

Without a vaccine, Corona virus is here to stay. Apparently the original covid-19 strain was not as bad as the current strain, it could mutate again and get weaker or stronger.    

Edit to put the above figures in context about 60 000 000 died last year globally. 

Edited by Flummoxed, 06 June 2020 - 02:38 AM.

#261 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 02:33 AM

ref my American sailor friend in cape town. He died from complications, due to corona virus. He was healthy, so it isnt just getting the old and sick about to die. so much for fake news. 

#262 Thoth101

Thoth101

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 03:52 AM

ref my American sailor friend in cape town. He died from complications, due to corona virus. He was healthy, so it isnt just getting the old and sick about to die. so much for fake news. 

I think it is a legitimate virus the fake news lies in how it was created and spread across the world. Healthy people can die of pneumonia also and even the flu. But we don't shut everything down and wear facemasks for those. Not to mention wearing a facemask all day breathing in your carbon dioxide lowers your immune system. It also makes your immune system weak not being around any other people and keeping things totally clean from germs.

Edited by Thoth101, 09 June 2020 - 04:30 AM.

• OceanBreeze likes this

#263 OceanBreeze

OceanBreeze

Creating

• Moderators
  • 1284 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:29 AM

“Healthy” is not a very definitive description. There are varying degrees of being healthy. How old was he?

I don’t think anyone has claimed that this virus kills the old and infirm exclusively, but that is basically true, with few exceptions.

These two graphics demonstrate this:

file-20200317-60894-1l3jara.png?ixlib=rb

file-20200317-60906-11kmy5p.png?ixlib=rb

I’m sorry about the loss of your friend

• Thoth101 likes this

#264 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:26 AM

I think he was in the 1.3% death rate group ie less than 60. Is wife is quite upset, so I am not going to make it worse by asking her any stupid questions about underlying health issues.  

He did not die from corona virus, just the complications caused by the corona virus. Apparently he had beaten the virus but the kidney problems, and finally a big blood clot in the heart did for him. 

From those infected in the azores portugal there was just over a 10% death rate which does appear to agree with the worldmeter link I posted earlier. Of those cases with outcomes globally there are 90% recovered and 10% dead. I guess from todays figures the US can expect another 100000 dead, if new infections stopped today. Your earlier estimates are wrong. the numbers are heading now for 200000, and increasing. 

Probably best not to get the disease if the odds were spread equally across age groups. The disease as you have shown above hits the oldest and weak hardest. So if you are in a vulnerable group its not a good idea to join in any protests or marches against the covid-19 restrictions:) 

I wonder how much the protests have affected the spread of the virus, and the economic recovery?

#265 montgomery

montgomery

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:52 AM

The coming Trump rallly will be an interesting experiment if the attendees are brave and don't wear masks but the results will be skewed if half do and half don't. We're told that masks will be available for everyone.

#266 Thoth101

Thoth101

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 09:48 PM

The coming Trump rallly will be an interesting experiment if the attendees are brave and don't wear masks but the results will be skewed if half do and half don't. We're told that masks will be available for everyone.

I am pretty sure the rioters have not been wearing any masks. :lol: I myself don't wear a mask in public but I also don't support presidents or politicians so I wouldn't even go to a rally in the first place.lol!

#267 montgomery

montgomery

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 11:54 AM

Most of the protesters have been wearing masks on the pretense of the virus but are really more interested in hiding their identities if they decide to resort to unlawful behaviour.

Few of Trump's audience wore masks last night at his rally but at least the number in attendance was closer to 5000 instead of the predicted 100,000. 

Still, the consequences of ignoring precautions should be measurable. 

#268 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 01:16 PM

Most of the protesters have been wearing masks on the pretense of the virus but are really more interested in hiding their identities if they decide to resort to unlawful behaviour.

Few of Trump's audience wore masks last night at his rally but at least the number in attendance was closer to 5000 instead of the predicted 100,000. 

I dont see masks, Trump on campaign, today https://www.youtube....h?v=Ob7gBP9UGXE

Edited by Flummoxed, 21 June 2020 - 01:17 PM.

#269 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2666 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 03:56 PM

I dont see masks, Trump on campaign, today https://www.youtube....h?v=Ob7gBP9UGXE

that's because the coronavirus is fake news put out by the democratic media outlets.

#270 Thoth101

Thoth101

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 10:02 PM

Well you realize the stupidity of people when they even wear a mask in their car with nobody in the car with them. Or they are wearing a mask while bike riding where from breathing in their own breath they could pass out on their bike or car and end up dying crashing. I think a mask is most useful if you are inside around a lot of people not out in the open. That is just ridiculous to wear a mask outside unless you plan on people sneezing and coughing on you in the wind. :lol:  :lol:

But yes it is a good idea to wear it to hide your identity while doing unlawful acts. Even add a little extra benefit by wearing googles also. The perfect disguise.

#271 montgomery

montgomery

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 11:51 AM

Well you realize the stupidity of people when they even wear a mask in their car with nobody in the car with them. Or they are wearing a mask while bike riding where from breathing in their own breath they could pass out on their bike or car and end up dying crashing. I think a mask is most useful if you are inside around a lot of people not out in the open. That is just ridiculous to wear a mask outside unless you plan on people sneezing and coughing on you in the wind. :lol:  :lol:

But yes it is a good idea to wear it to hide your identity while doing unlawful acts. Even add a little extra benefit by wearing googles also. The perfect disguise.

I think the Trumpers are still trying to say that Covid-19 is nothing more than another flu bug. So even though it's the biggest cause of deaths in the US, it's no more a problem than Cancer or heart attacks.

Or at least 'was' the biggest killer of Americans. So it turns out that Covid-19 isn't fake news at all, the fake news is really people saying it's fake news. That's what our Victor says!

#272 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2666 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 12:23 PM

I think the Trumpers are still trying to say that Covid-19 is nothing more than another flu bug. So even though it's the biggest cause of deaths in the US, it's no more a problem than Cancer or heart attacks.

Or at least 'was' the biggest killer of Americans. So it turns out that Covid-19 isn't fake news at all, the fake news is really people saying it's fake news. That's what our Victor says!

we were getting over populated with old people anyways, the old are gonna die anyways may as well be by COVID19. This COVID19 is actually weaker than the flu, thus when the media over-hypes it as like the plague of legends or something it is "Fake News".

Edited by VictorMedvil, 22 June 2020 - 12:28 PM.

• Thoth101 likes this