Science Forums

Scientist Are Rethinking Memory In Terms Of Quantum Entanglement

Dubbelosix

As I stated before, even spacetime can encode memory. How this all links to the eraser experiment soley depends on whether we give up a niave interpretation of nonlocality. (actually Wolf came to this conclusion first, it was only in conversations did we seem to independently agree on this).

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/scientists-entangled-quantum-memories-linked-over-long-distances?fbclid=IwAR1KC5jTxVS7eEzlnToE_rgLkklkAhAwC2qzsPp0ueA6N_ta0KAP-FrbKyM

Non locality was just a word to describe how particles can remain entangled over vast distances. Non locality to me, means there truly is an incompleteness to quantum mechanics as Einstein suggested. There may be no such thing as a nonlocality in the way scientists had made us think, hence why there are hidden dynamics. The real question is whether we can find these dynamics, or it will fall to Popper philosophy, which is worrying.

This is all philosophical nonsense, there is no way that the conditions for entanglement exist between every particle in the universe as the create some memory in the universe. Now there maybe some sort of memory between two entangled particles however the conditions for entanglement are rare and must be created(https://www.forbes.com/sites/chadorzel/2017/02/28/how-do-you-create-quantum-entanglement/#692dc1671732).

Edited by VictorMedvil

I was thinking an incompleteness in space time. Einstein didnt believe spooky action but had to accept it. He theorized EPR and ER bridges. We are pretty sure there isa connection at the quantum level. How about between black holes and the surrounding space. What drives that zero point field full of virtual particles, why do they appear and disappear?

As far as I am aware he never did actually never did accept it. He promoted a hidden variable theory. As have many scientists. Some scientists think today he would have converted, but he like me, was a total deterministic through and through. He accepted the strange behaviour but not accepted randomness. Edited by Dubbelosix

approx 50% of what I wrote might be nonsense. However that leaves the other 50%. This is a cut down version of prof Eric Verlindes 

emergent gravity. I included the black hole, via a very tenuous link to Popolawski :( Not my best idea. However Verlinde is no light weight. Entropic universe, is largely based on entanglement.

Actually there is a possibility that all particles are entangled, I just noticed Victor's reply.

I must have been an annoying kid. Always asking Why. At some point no one has the answers, but speculation can be amusing :) or annoying :(

I think Science is not concerned with the how it happens. Just stating forces are transmitted by virtual particles, is enough, case closed. Why argue the toss about locality and non locality, perhaps both are 100% correct. All Particles have both local properties in space time and non local properties via a membrane. Those properties can be synchronized across space and go into some form of phase lock, until disturbed.

Why do +ve charges repel and why do opposite charges attract. What does the field distortion in space look like. If forces are transmitted by virtual particles, are the virtual particles moving or are they stationary. 

Childish questions maybe? Speculative answers are all that really exist

The key is this, the universe works the way it works, it doesn't matter why it works just that it works that way. You can speculate all day about why the universe works a certain way, but none of that changes that the universe works that way so why does it matter. What I hate is people that speculate that the universe works because of a certain cause without any proof that it is because of that, like it matters that is works because of X only that it works in Y way, the cause doesn't really matter only the effect, that's why so much nonsense is on this forum and science is because people sit here are speculate about why **** works rather than focusing on the way that it works. Do you ever hear me discuss why **** works, no , only the way it works, because why doesn't matter.

Edited by VictorMedvil

As I stated before, even spacetime can encode memory. How this all links to the eraser experiment soley depends on whether we give up a niave interpretation of nonlocality. (actually Wolf came to this conclusion first, it was only in conversations did we seem to independently agree on this).

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/scientists-entangled-quantum-memories-linked-over-long-distances?fbclid=IwAR1KC5jTxVS7eEzlnToE_rgLkklkAhAwC2qzsPp0ueA6N_ta0KAP-FrbKyM

Great information and link! Thanks! Well as the sleeping prophet Edgar Cayce said the Akaska records. I know I spelled that wrong. For the life of me I don't remember how to spell it.lol!