Science Forums

Fine Structure Constant

Timboo

She's a self proclaimed, theoretical cosmologist, there is actually subtle differences. Besides, I took a quick look at her crudentials, she hasn't really done anything that important, and if you continue believing halo dark matter models, you'll be part of the problem as well, promoting false science. I just read a quote from her "and there will be darkness again," no **** Sherlock, but it has nothing to do with a Higgs Boson or a vacuum catastrophe related to such things.

We've been over this already. I explained when and why everything will return to darkness. If you can't remember conversations we had, there is no point continuing them.

Sorry I meant why you said long time from now

Also she has many articles and videos about vacuum decay, she also has a book coming out in June about the end of the universe .

She's a self proclaimed, theoretical cosmologist, there is actually subtle differences. Besides, I took a quick look at her crudentials, she hasn't really done anything that important, and if you continue believing halo dark matter models, you'll be part of the problem as well, promoting false science. I just read a quote from her "and there will be darkness again," no **** Sherlock, but it has nothing to do with a Higgs Boson or a vacuum catastrophe related to such things.

What’s halo dark matter I never heard her mention it?

It's basically the crux of most dark matter models. She also promotes detection of these particles, I cannot emphasise scientists do tend to waste a lot of money on dreams that have no real experimental back up.

So basically your saying she is not as valid as she claims to be

What’s halo dark matter I never heard her mention it?

It's basically the crux of most dark matter models. She also promotes detection of these particles, I cannot emphasise enough that scientists do tend to waste a lot of money on dreams that have no real experimental back up.

Edited by Dubbelosix

Sorry I meant why you said long time from now

Also she has many articles and videos about vacuum decay, she also has a book coming out in June about the end of the universe .

I have already said why, the universe will be quite stable for a while yet, the universe is in a final phase when eventually black holes will take over the universe but that will take a very long time for that to happen, but even then they will radiate back into photon energy. It has nothing to do with the Higgs Boson and the silly claims that have come from it. Edited by Dubbelosix

• 2 weeks later...

I have already said why, the universe will be quite stable for a while yet, the universe is in a final phase when eventually black holes will take over the universe but that will take a very long time for that to happen, but even then they will radiate back into photon energy. It has nothing to do with the Higgs Boson and the silly claims that have come from it.

So apparently they have seen these vacuum bubbles now that are causing vacuum decay?

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/939g5p/physicists-are-studying-mysterious-bubbles-of-nothing-that-eat-spacetime

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2002.01764.pdf#page7

4F1EE5B8-8D84-4B26-AD2C-E298D0234CE8.jpeg

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.space.com/amp/fermi-bubbles-milky-way-radiation-mystery.html

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/64900-space-bubbles-jiggle-through-cosmos.html

Edited by Timboo

But now, scientists, including the ones behind the new paper, are questioning this conclusion, suggesting that the universe is experiencing a “false vacuum,” and hasn’t truly transitioned to its least excited and most stable state. The result: a “bubble of nothing” that could “‘eat’ all of spacetime, converting it into ‘nothing,'” Marjorie Schillo, lead author from Uppsala University, told Motherboard.

But now, scientists, including the ones behind the new paper, are questioning this conclusion, suggesting that the universe is experiencing a “false vacuum,” and hasn’t truly transitioned to its least excited and most stable state. The result: a “bubble of nothing” that could “‘eat’ all of spacetime, converting it into ‘nothing,'” Marjorie Schillo, lead author from Uppsala University, told Motherboard.

Shut your crank *** up.