Science Forums

Does This Describe How And Why A Matter Wave Becomes Physical?

pittsburghjoe

Saying "Observation" is the same thing as saying "spacetime got involved"

Decoherence doesn't require a human knowing about it. Spacetime represents our reality and converts virtual quantum information to physical/real objects.

Observation/Measurement is dead. Spacetime determines if a quantum wave should be physical for our reality. Spacetime governs our reality, by handing out physical states. Time dilation demonstrates spacetime scaling reality.

The flight/path/state of a particle/wave is known before starting. If a spacetime object (detector) causes the particle to decohere but continue moving to a final panel, the particle/wave is given a physical state from the start. If the particle/wave is to pass two detectors before the final panel, the particle/wave starts as a wave ..the physical state is taken from it.

Are unobserved matter waves, virtual mass in a 4D format - without time (don't age/decay)? When it is given time it becomes physical in 3D and the 4D is used for time? The temporal dimension is where the fabric of spacetime originates, anything there is 4D by default. It isn't spatial but mass can live there as quantum waves ..virtual.

A physical state turns a wave physical before it starts moving. It won't be a wave during its flight.

4D virtual mass is unobservable. A physical state from spacetime is transforming the 4D to 3D + time.

Dark matter is unobservable, but also doesn't have the ability to be given a physical state.

Does observation/spacetime swap quantum waves by giving it a physical state and a timeline? The wave function can propagate, but the wave doesn't age until given a physical state.

Does this explain why we can never see quantum waves ..they are 4D?

There is no reason for giving "observed" vs "unobserved" particles any special properties. At most a measurement can make the wave function for the position more narrow which seems more particle-like. At the end of the day it's always described by a wave function. Wave- particle duality is a relic from a time where we were initially trying to understand QM.

Dark matter is observable through gravity. Otherwise we wouldn't have observed it. I know that's a tautology, but it seems it needs to be pointed out.

Sure there is, unobserved particles can tunnel, entangle, and be in superposition.

Dark Matter is not directly observable, you aren't going to see a particle of it.

"Unobserved" / "observed" is not a well-defined property of a wave function. You cannot tell whether something was observed or not observed. Observation simply changes the state of a system to an eigenstate of some observable, which is just another state.

Decoherence is the difference between observed and unobserved

There's no way to make a measurement so a particle is literally at one point, hence they are always in superposition over positions. It's just a matter of how spread out.

And even if we did accept there was such a difference, the particle would be in this "observed" state for literally a point in time and go back to being unobserved. It wouldn't make sense.

Observed particles are not in superposition (they are not in a state that is considered quantum weirdness), they have uncertainty because the quantum field still has influence on it.

The observed state lasts from point a to b. It's given a timeline. If it hits an object too large to be influenced by the quantum field it remains observed as it is part of that object now.

Einstein failed at a unified theory because he refused to believe anything could be without a physical state from spacetime.

Edited by pittsburghjoe

https://phys.org/news/2017-10-violation-exponential-law-quantum.html

Unobserved Matter Waves do not decay, they are not using time ..spacetime.

Dark Matter is not physical https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pkedvy/strange-dark-matter-findings-could-rewrite-the-universes-history -sorry, this isn't very relevant, but I do have some further thoughts on Dark Matter:

Dark Matter is Virtual Mass.

All Unobserved Matter Waves have mass ..including Dark Matter. They all are not physical until observed, but Dark Matter is decapitated ..it doesn't have the ability to gain a physical state. It remains quantum waves.

Dark Matter is a mass variable in the quantum field devoid of spacetime.
Virtual mass effects the bending of spacetime. Mass is virtual in a matter-wave, real when observed. Dark Matter can never be observed/decohere.

Dark Matter behaves like a ghost atom. It doesn't interact with matter because it is only waves. It sinks into gravity wells because spacetime can't tell the difference.

Quantum weirdness events (superposition, entanglement, tunneling) do not occur when spacetime is involved. They happen in their own Field of quantum waves. Observed particles are in duality mode, the quantum field is still treating it like a wave while spacetime is making it physical. Dark Matter doesn't have a duality mode, it remains unobservable quantum waves no matter what.

Dark Matter is my proof of a field of unobservable quantum waves without the need of spacetime. Matter Waves that don't decay also scream spacetime isn't involved.
Lorentz doesn't apply to quantum waves without a physical state ..there is nothing to trade-off. Spacetime is separate from the Quantum Field.

Edited by pittsburghjoe

Have you ever heard of the zeno effect?

Unobserved QM = Quantum Field

Duality = QFT (both spacetime and the quantum field) (no quantum weirdness except for wobble ..and the quantum Zeno effect, the quantum field is still making it ageless. )

Spacetime = GR

The uncertainty principle only applies when the quantum field has influence.

Edited by pittsburghjoe

Does 3D mass activate the fabric of spacetime (which is made of 4D virtual mass)? The bending of spacetime is causing what appears to us as dark matter? Does it take a certain amount of mass to activate? Is that why there is a quantum/classical boundary?

They got close to discovering this

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/jan/25/has-physicists-gravity-theory-solved-impossible-dark-energy-riddle

particle: 1a : a minute quantity or fragment. b : a relatively small or the smallest discrete portion or amount of something. 2 : any of the basic units of matter and energy (such as a molecule, atom, proton, electron, or photon

particle(My Addition): If smaller than 0.3 micrometers, it is NOT automatically observed (given a physical state) ..unless touching an object that is larger than 30 micrometers.

wave: digital form of a particle, unobservable

wave(My Addition): Not real or physical. Can hold mass as a variable. Ghost.

wave function: A wave function in quantum physics is a mathematical description of the quantum state of an isolated quantum system. The wave function is a complex-valued probability amplitude, and the probabilities for the possible results of measurements made on the system can be derived from it.

wave function(My Addition): This is mostly for describing waves ..not a particle in duality. I suspect diffraction is directly involved and would considerably refine probabilities. A particle in duality isn't going to be in superposition.

coherence: Quantum coherence deals with the idea that all objects have wave-like properties. If an object's wave-like nature is split in two, then the two waves may coherently interfere with each other in such a way as to form a single state that is a superposition of the two states.

coherence(My Addition): remained a wave

decoherence: Quantum decoherence is the loss of quantum coherence. In quantum mechanics, particles such as electrons are described by a wave function, a mathematical representation of the quantum state of a system; a probabilistic interpretation of the wave function is used to explain various quantum effects.

decoherence(My Addition): given a physical state, is now in a duality mode

superposition: The principle of quantum superposition states that if a physical system may be in one of many configurations—arrangements of particles or fields—then the most general state is a combination of all of these possibilities, where the amount in each configuration is specified by a complex number.

superposition(My Addition): Can occur if only a wave, no duality.

mass: The classical view of mass is that it quantifies the amount of substance and is a kinematical parameter. ... However, we emphasize that the most abundant component of matter - Nucleons - derives its mass largely as a consequence of quantum effects of (color gluonic QCD) radiation

mass(My Addition): physical mass is observed/real (energy with a physical state). virtual mass is not real/physical, a quantum wave with a variable for mass.

time: A chronon is a proposed quantum of time, that is, a discrete and indivisible "unit" of time as part of a hypothesis that proposes that time is not continuous.

time(My Addition): the frame rate of spacetime, quantum waves do not use it.

spacetime: In physics, spacetime is any mathematical model which fuses the three dimensions of space and the one dimension of time into a single four-dimensional manifold. Spacetime diagrams can be used to visualize relativistic effects, such as why different observers perceive where and when events occur differently.

spacetime(My Addition): Is what General Relativity describes. I suspect it is an analog simulation with a frame rate. The Quantum field doesn't use it including cosmic voids because there isn't enough mass to enact it.

matter: physical substance in general, as distinct from mind and spirit; (in physics) that which occupies space and possesses rest mass, especially as distinct from energy.

matter(My Addition): virtual mass with a physical state. It is real/physical.

state: In quantum physics, a quantum state is the state of an isolated quantum system. A quantum state provides a probability distribution for the value of each observable, i.e. for the outcome of each possible measurement on the system.

state(My Addition): quantum waves don't have a state ..that job belongs to spacetime

Matter-Wave: Matter waves are a central part of the theory of quantum mechanics, being an example of wave–particle duality. All matter exhibits wave-like behavior. For example, a beam of electrons can be diffracted just like a beam of light or a water wave. ... Matter waves are referred to as de Broglie waves.

Matter-Wave(My Addition): Are not in a duality mode. It isn't physical. It doesn't have a physical state. "Duality-Wave" needs to be a thing. A Duality-Wave would be a particle moving on the path of a wave.

By adding the second line ("my addition") it seems as if you think the first line is some sort of standard definition. But it isn't. That is just something you have made up as well. And it makes no sense. If you going to classify anything as "digital" it would be the particle, which is quantised. And the wave is more like an "analog" description (a continuous waveform). But the terms "analog" and "digital" don't really make any sense here.

You would rather a wave have the definition of only the wave function? Digital ..Virtual ..same thing, the point is that it is unobservable. Spacetime makes a digital wave, analog.

And you say that the wave is not observable but we can perform many experiments to observe the wave behaviour of particles.

Observable after the final panel (after the fact), doesn't mean anything. The particle only gets a physical state if observed during its flight. "Observation" in your scenario is not causing decoherence ..until the wave collapse of the final panel.

Saying "not real or physical" doesn't really mean anything unless you define what you mean by "real" or "physical". For example, you go on to say it can "hold mass" which means it must be measurable; which sounds like a definition of "real" to me.

It is not clear what "holding mass" means, anyway. Just another made-up concept.

And then you say "ghost" with no further explanation. Meaningless

Real/Physical = observed. The object isn't going to tunnel or be in superposition.

An unobserved matter wave can have mass and still tunnel ..that means it can hold mass as a variable.

"Ghost" give us humans a way to grasp what unobservable particles are.

Here is a paper by Sabine Hossenfelder which explains the dark matter effect https://arxiv.org/abs/1703.01415

It is based on Emergent gravity. [/size]

"The Lagrangian constructed here allows an improved interpretation of the underlying mechanism. It suggests that de-Sitter space is filled with a vector-field that couples to baryonic matter and, by dragging on it, creates an effect similar to dark matter. We solve the covariant equation of motion in the background of a Schwarzschild space-time and obtain correction terms to the non-covariant expression. Furthermore, we demonstrate that the vector field can also mimic dark energy.[/size] "

Why are you fixated on dark matter.

Dragging on it? Sabine was a horrible person to speak to and she often takes terminology or statements off people have said and she somehow hits the headlines. I can't even stand her train of thought, I remember on a YouTube video she said when she was a girl she was afraid that a black hole could enter our solar system and she said becoming a physicist she knew this didn't happen... Silly woman didn't even know that black holes are flung out of galaxies all the time. Edited by Dubbelosix

In fact another physicist I spoke to had a similar issue, an idea he peddled ran into an article later in which Sabine takes ideas but gives no credit as to where these thoughts originated. Even I, coming up with a theory, have a decency to check first to see if it is even original. She parrots things that physicists already knew, but this whole drag causing dark matter she either got lucky with that idea or someone has not been truthful where their inspiration comes from.

Edited by Dubbelosix

Observation not being a thing is kind of a big deal. Spacetime gives a physical state and time to quantum waves. Spacetime represents our reality, it governs if something should be real or not. Observation doesn't have anything to do with it.

Black holes are a hole to the fourth dimension. I think it is a 4D virtual object. The information paradox is satisfied because the mass it eats is going to the fourth dimension as virtual mass. You can't have a physical objects in the time dimension.

It allows separate frames of reference to scale ..we know it is doing this because the speed of light is the same in time dilation volumes. Gravitational waves fluctuate the scale of reality as they pass. It makes cosmic voids expand and black holes contract.

Black hole is started by a giant star collapsing in on itself into the 4th dimension using the inverse cube law. You would need the force of a collapsing star to interact with the fourth dimension ..or gravitational waves. Gravitational waves warp spacetime in the same way time dilation happens.

Is gravity considered weak because mass from 3D objects that we can interact with and see is barely anything to a 4D spacetime fabric?

The gravitational force of a point mass drops off as 1/r2 . As Sean stated above, this becomes 1/r{2+N} where N is the number of extra dimensions you are adding to a theory. In layman's terms this is because there are now more dimensions for the force to operate in, so the amount of force is more "spread out" for a given distance away.

The gravitational force originates from the extra dimension ..it was already "spread out" before the test.

Spacetime originates in the fourth dimension ..that is the only part Einstein didn't see.

Spacetime scales when it bends. Reality is scaling. We already know about time dilation ..but a meter stick in one time scale (region of space) will shrink or expand in another time region. It will still be a meter no matter how much it scales, because, for that region ..that is the reality of what a meter length is. This is why the speed of light does not change.

We know spacetime is everywhere but not enacted everywhere because it's possible for quantum waves to go unobserved.

Extra bonus idea (but don't judge me on it): The fabric of spacetime is a little more interesting than GR defines. We now know spacetime is enacted based the amount of mass at the quantum/classical boundary. It isn’t enacted everywhere but can be naturally with a certain amount of mass. A supermassive black hole at the center of a galaxy starts the core gravity well. It isn’t a strong enough well to hold the entire galaxy in but planets/stars daisy chain off the core gravity well. When an object has enough mass to enact spacetime, it becomes accessible to the universal spacetime net/fabric and will flow as gravity tells it to. Spacetime objects on the outer edges are going to experience extreme time dilation and move quickly. The amount of dark matter guessed to be in the universe is vastly overblown.

If it isn't daisy chains, its varying depths of bent spacetime within a galaxy. Gravity wells inside larger gravity wells.

You are failing to see the significance of a dimension devoted to observation (reality) ...making things physical/real. Spacetime not being involved in quantum weirdness events is a big deal, you can't brush it off like it's nothing.
I think the fabric of spacetime is made of 4D virtual mass. Cosmic voids don't have any mass to activate it so the fabric collapses in on itself causing voids to expand.
Edited by pittsburghjoe

• 2 weeks later...