Science Forums

On The Schmelzer Aether

Dubbelosix

Sorry so sad. I have a system that works

Sad about what? I think the real crime here is that someone who loves physics is wasting his time and ours over your delusion of grandure instead of legitimately learning physics so you could start integrating with the public better than these distracting off-topic and non-sensical posts.

Edited by Dubbelosix

Numbers of importance for this section

Grashof number - Gr

Rayleigh number - Ra

Reynolds number - Re

Prandtl number - Pl

Peclec number - Pc

Bejan number - Be

Assuming my recent investigations into these numbers, they appear interconnected and playing a wide role in a number of flow equations.

The drag force equation in the language general relativity which written as it is, will satisfy volumetric case of flow,

F(drag) = A^μv f (T_μν - ½ g_μν T)

May also written directly as the drag pressure

P(drag) = f (T_μν - ½ g_μν T)

The drag coefficient is relate to the ratios of important quantities in fluid dynamics,

f ≝ 2F(drag)/ρu A= A(b)/A(f) (Be/Re²)

When studying the fluid mechanics as I developed this theory, noticed how similar in structure the drag coefficient expression

f ≈ Be/Re²

Was to the definition of the Rayleigh number (also dimensionless)

Ra = Gr/Re²

And will need to investigate whether any analog physics is happening. The new feature here is the Grashof number which apparently plays a similar role to the Bejan number at first glance, but why would the analog of the drag be the Rayleigh number? We will come back to this question.

Once familiar with the terms listed at the start, the numbers are all linked in some way through various relationships of the mathematical structures behind them. An example is the solution

Re² = Gr/Ra

In which we solved here the squared form of the Reynolds number which will prove useful when constructing new equations based on their equivalences. Another important equation of interest when I come to speak about flow dynamics will be one which features thermal diffusivity, an important number within the classical Ricci flow and heat flow equations. Recall that,

∇² Q = ∂²Q/∂x² = - k R T = - k (∂²T/∂x²)

If the temperature changes at any point, the local gradient heat flow is as stated before

-1/ρC (∇ Q) = -1/ρC (∂Q/∂x) = k/ρC (R T) = α∇T = ∂²T/∂t²

Where C is the heat capacitance and α is thermal diffusion coefficient.

Here we take the number equation

Pl = uL/α = Re Pr

And can draw the physics from it for new definitions of the flow. Further it features the Reynolds number where it can be interpretated into the Ricci flow under the relativity notation. So let's do this stuff.The heat flow is

α∇T = ∂²T/∂t²

Solve for thermal diffusion from previous equation gives me

1/α = Re Pr/uL = Pl/uL

And taking the inverse

α = uL/Re Pr = uL/Pl

I haven't seen these kinds of relationships established alas much searching on the great wide Web. Plugging the definitions into the flow equation we get a more descriptive format of the physical dimensionless parameters

α∇T = (uL/Re Pr) ∇T = (uL/Pl) ∂²T/∂t²

Going back to the new definition for the flow

∂_0 P(drag) = f (∇T_μν - ½ ∂_0 g_μν T)

Here I argued the volumetric case allowed us to define this last equation in the same way it had the following way

∂_0 g_μν = - 2 f □ T_μν

= - f (2 (∂_x T_μν + ∂_y T_μν + ∂_z T_μν) - ∂_0 g_μν T)

Familiar relationships from the list of defined numbers are

f ≈ Be/Re²

Pl = uL/α = Re Pr

Re = Pl/Pr = uL/αPr

Re² = (Pl/Pr)² = (uL/αPr)²

Ra = Gr/Re²

Gr = Ra Re²

Solving again for Re²

Re² = Ra/Gr

This has encapsulated enough relationships to define new physics and maybe some surprises along the way. For instance in the case of the drag coefficient we find

f ≈ Be/Re² = Be (Gr/Ra) = (Pr/Pl)² = (αPr/uL)²

I have no idea if these ideas have been noticed before but here we can see a rich diversity of dimensionless parameters with well defined numbers describing it. I also stated that I noticed in

f ≈ Be/Re²

Ra = Gr/Re²

Was uncannily similar. Is the Gashof number related to the physics of the Bejan number? Or just as crucially, related to the flow and drag of fluids related to the Rayleigh number? Mathematically the last two equations may be assembled together like so

f = Be (Ra/Gr)

Since we know f ≈ Be/Re² to be true, the only difference between it and the equation above was that the inverse of the Reynolds number was being played by (Gr/Ra), that is, the Grashof number divided by the Rayleigh number. What new physics this means will involve more in depth investigation. Using the definition

Pl = uL/α = Re Pr

The relationship of the drag coefficient and the numbers are;

f ≈ Be/Re² = Be (Pr/Pl)

We notice the dominant coefficient in

f ≈ Be/Re² = Be (Pr/Pl) = Be (Ra/Gr)

Is the Bejan number. As a set of exact ratios we also have

Pr/Pl = Ra/Gr

Which allows to solve for the other numbers

Pr = Pl (Ra/Gr)

Pl = Pr (Gr/Ra)

Ra = Gr (Pr/Pl)

Gr = Ra (Pl/Pr)

Which are well defined like this. Further remember Ra has another definition,

Ra = Gr/Re²

Edited by Dubbelosix

I ignored what I wrote above and did different relationships, and by crunching them to their basic relationships to each other, I now byplugging in the respective relationships found for the drag coefficient with a thermal diffusion constant obtains a set of equivalences which for demonstration, we have plugged into a type of Ricci flow equation except it is with respect to physical properties of the metric, such as the presence of the flow of the stress energy and we implement the drag coefficient as it would be interpretated within the flow of geometry and the drag on the system it flows relative to,

∂_0 P(drag) = - 2α □² (Be/Re²) T_μν

= - 2α □² Be(Pr/Pe) ²T_μν

= - 2α □² Be(Ra/Gr) ²T_μν

And I even got solutions for higher orders of the diffusion when speaking about the relationship Lu ,

= - 2αⁿ □² Be(Pr/Lu) ²T_μν

= - 2αⁿ □² Be(Sc/Lu) ²T_μν

I'll write up a more comprehensive list of equations I needed to probe the various relationships between the numbers listed so far.

Edited by Dubbelosix

• 4 weeks later...

When I took all these definitions and plugged them in, I found a different value for the drag which was one factor of the Reynolds number higher. This was interesting because while it can be done, you do not expect a strange deviation like this based on exact numbers. Thankfully it will be open to a new interpretation that does not depend on a dimensional analysis. Pure numbers have no dimensions after all. Dimensionless numbers to add, are the real physical parameters behind any good theory.

Further study has led me to the Keulegan-Carpenter and the Morison equation which I expect will also play a part in viscous dynamics for gravity.

Right so I will elaborate. Refer back to the number definitions.

f ≈ Be/Re²

Pl = uL/α = Re Pr

Re = Pl/Pr = uL/αPr

Gr = Ra Re²

Solving again for Re²

Re² = Ra/Gr

f Gr  ≈ Be/Re²(Ra Re²) = Be Ra

Where

Ra = Gr/Re²

Gr = Ra Re²

And so is relating Be with Gr as

f Re² Gr  ≈ Be (Ra Re²) = Be Ra Re² = Be Gr

We also have the inverse solution for Gr

f ≈ Be/Re²(Ra Re²/Gr) = Be (Ra/Gr)

Solving again for Re²

Re² = Ra/Gr

And plugging in

f ≈ Be/Re²(Ra/Gr)Re² = Be Re²

This is a weird result because we started with

f ≈ Be/Re²

But the drag coefficient is an approximation after all but because the last equation implies the Reynolds number decreases with a large drag the equation previous to this admits an interpretation for a drag that linearly increases also proportional to the square of the Reynolds number.