Science Forums

Could We Monetize Our Scientific Projects?

inverse

but...I think you can protect your works via publishing in your own website.

I will try to protect mines on my website. (but would remind once again,I am not interested to publish ,nor sell someone else's materials. I am only willing to monetize my owns)

but of course like you think,I am also a bit anxious on how to protect my scientific articles or projects (but presumably, not as much as you)

Well, I know how much money my works are worth and someone has tried to steal one before so, ya I am very touchy about this subject. Though, thankfully it was no one on this forum.

Well, I know how much money my works are worth and someone has tried to steal one before so, ya I am very touchy about this subject. Though, thankfully it was no one on this forum.

yes,it is probable,I understand you. but I say why don't you continue to publish that materials and ensuring them available forever in your own website (not for a defined period of time)

yes,it is probable,I understand you. but I say why don't you continue to publish that materials and ensuring them available forever in your own website (not for a defined period of time)

you can't beat free hosting on a forum and I Trust the Admins, plus it is good for this forum as it gets them views. For years I just didn't tell anyone about my works and kept them all memorized but since 2017 I have taken a different approach. This all used to be classified like a State Secret almost like I kept this stuff tight like Area 51 level security on it.

Edited by VictorMedvil

you can't beat free hosting on a forum and I Trust the Admins, plus it is good for this forum as it gets them views. For years I just didn't tell anyone about my works and kept them all memorized but since 2017 I have taken a different approach. This all used to be classified like a State Secret almost like I kept this stuff tight like Area 51 level security on it.

what do you mean with the text given in bold?

sometimes I think you should be more careful in writing in english or you should improve it.

if you do not want  your ideas to be stolen,simply do not distribute them. you can write them in your hand to a notebook and then keep it until you have an option to publish in legal journals or patent institutes.or as it said,you can publish on your own website.

Edited by inverse

what do you mean whit the text given in bold?

sometimes I think you should be more careful in writing in english or you should improve it.

if you do not want  your ideas to be stolen,simply do not distribute them. you can writem them in your hand to a notebook and then keep it until you have an option to publish in legal journals or patent institutes.or as it said,you can publish on your own website.

Basically, that you can not beat the opportunity presented by a forum where you can write down ideas/patents then have them pay with viewer ad revenue to be hosted. it is infinitely cheaper than publishing costs.

Edited by VictorMedvil

Basically, that you can not beat the opportunity presented by a forum where you can write down ideas/patents then have them pay with viewer ad revenue to be hosted. it is infinitely cheaper than publishing costs.

nope.

it is quite cheap to construct your own website. lets see some fees here: https://www.natro.com/?utm_source=adwords&utm_campaign=marka_aratmalari&gclid=CjwKCAiAlO7uBRANEiwA_vXQ-4rOrWVyH-TXeVRpZO9FwTaXczTTtlcLg2GYXI820fzZTBjMsEKQ7RoCg50QAvD_BwE

but..not sure whether you mean construction by your own or someone else

for instance if you would like to hire someone to construct a good html website it might be expensive.

but if you construct by yourself then it will not be expensive (the only thing you need is to be knowledgeable about html & css & javascript & php etc.

but all these are I think not required for a random website.

nope.

it is quite cheap to construct your own website. lets see some fees here: https://www.natro.com/?utm_source=adwords&utm_campaign=marka_aratmalari&gclid=CjwKCAiAlO7uBRANEiwA_vXQ-4rOrWVyH-TXeVRpZO9FwTaXczTTtlcLg2GYXI820fzZTBjMsEKQ7RoCg50QAvD_BwE

but..not sure whether you mean construction by your own or someone else

for instance if you would like to hire someone to construct a good html website it might be expensive.

but if you construct by yourself then it will not be expensive (the only thing you need is to be knowledgeable about html & css & javascript & php etc.

but all these are I think not required for a random website.

Ya, it doesn't matter, I like this forum, it has grown on me like a fungus. It's fun being on a forum where everyone hates you.

Edited by VictorMedvil

• 2 weeks later...

It's called marketing.  Marketing is easier if you have ideas that are both valid and useful, but there is a lot of successful marketing of things with little value.  The trick, I suppose is to find the right market.

what do you mean by "valid and useful" ? do you mean patenting,if yes then it is not as that easy way. it will take no less than 3 years and in my opinion this should be the shortest time period. (also ,it might take more than or equally  5 years.)

can you share details with us please?

what do you mean by "valid and useful" ? do you mean patenting,if yes then it is not as that easy way. it will take no less than 3 years and in my opinion this should be the shortest time period. (also ,it might take more than or equally  5 years.)

can you share details with us please?

If you have an idea that works, and you can prove to people with money that it works, it may not need patenting to be marketed.  The need for a patent only arises if your idea is so good and easily copied that others can profit from your ideas without you getting any share.

Also keep in mind that with marketing, whatever you are selling  might not actually need to have a particularly high  value if you can create the perception of value.

I frequently think of how successful marketing has been for Black Angus beef. Once the cow has been butchered, the average consumer would not be able to tell the difference between a Black Angus, a Limousin, a Charolais, or a Holsteins, especially if  it has been ground up into hamburger.  Yet because of marketing, many people are willing to pay more for beef labeled Certified Black Angus, even if it is hamburger.