Science Forums

Edward Rutherford's "china"

hazelm

Edward Rutherford wrote many a good historical novel:  Sarum, London, Paris, New York, two Irish books, Galilee, etc.  He also wrote one titled China.  When I went into Barnes and Nobel and asked about "China", the sales person said - quite soberly - "We don't sell that book".  It was almost as if some controversy has arisen about the book.  But all he would say is "We don't sell that book".

Has anyone heard anything about the book?  Thanks.

Edited by hazelm

Has it been published yet, there are a few links with publishication dates stating Novemeber 2019, others with April 2020 ISBN-13: 978-0385538930 https://www.amazon.com/China-Edward-Rutherfurd/dp/0385538936

Hmmm.  I don't know.  Usually, when a book has not yet been published, they will tell us the publication date.  Two that I went for will be published next April and another in January.  He told me those.  But all he said about "China" is "We do not sell that book" 

I'll be at a different B&N next week.  Shall see what they say.  Thank you.  Hazel

• 1 year later...