Science Forums

On Time

Dubbelosix

Time Dilation as Quantum Tunneling Time

Vahid H. Ranjbar

(Submitted on 26 Nov 2018 (v1), last revised 5 Mar 2019 (this version, v4))

We conjecture that the relative rate of time evolution depends on the amount of quantum correlations in a system. This is motivated by the experimental work [1] which showed that quantum tunneling is not instantaneous. The non-zero tunneling time may have other profound implications for the regulation of time in an entangled system. It opens the possibility that other types of quantum correlations may require non-zero rates of update. If this is true, it provides a mechanism for regulating the relative rate of time evolution.

• 4 weeks later...

The more I think of their work, the more important it's application may be. As far as we can tell, entanglement is instantaneous, but I have been wondering about experimental set ups to investigate whether a relatavistically moving particle (that experiences a time delay) will still be instanteous with a measurement of its entangled partner at rest to see if it effects the physics. I suspect not... Because I suspect it is non-local not just in space but in time. If the latter is preserved the four dimensional continuum cannot be avoided.

Edited by Dubbelosix

There is so much misinformation on the Internet, and papers that are simply wrong or experiments not conducted properly or accurately leads to a crisis in physics. The newest published papers say it happens instantaneous but, the evidence seems to suggest other wise

:New ATLAS,

Does quantum tunneling take time or is it instantaneous?

Look it up interesting read.