Science Forums

Needed: A Botanist

hazelm

Do we have a botanist on board?  Or someone knowledgeable about plants?  And, am I allowed to post a picture of a plant here?  What I am wanting is to see if anyone can identify it.  Thanks.  hazelm

Hi, hazelm.

I'm afraid that posting pictures on @scienceforums.com is taboo (if not outright against the rules). But I'd ask @GAHD for permission first.

Hi, hazelm.

I'm afraid that posting pictures on @scienceforums.com is taboo (if not outright against the rules). But I'd ask @GAHD for permission first.

All right.  Let's see if GAHD shows up.  It is a picture of a plant that survived the Paradise fire when my friend lost everything else.  There sat that little potted plant which is now re-leafing.  Or, had re-leafed last January when the picture was taken.  She is calling it her miracle plant. :-)

Thanks.

All right.  Let's see if GAHD shows up.  It is a picture of a plant that survived the Paradise fire when my friend lost everything else.  There sat that little potted plant which is now re-leafing.  Or, had re-leafed last January when the picture was taken.  She is calling it her miracle plant. :-)

Thanks.

Camellia-Pearl-Maxwell.jpg

Let's see if I can post a picture of a plant.......that seems to work. 

Go ahead and try, Hazel. 

Edited by exchemist

Camellia-Pearl-Maxwell.jpgA lot of what's spoken on here is cipher, exhchemist dont take things too literal unless you know who is using an open account

Go ahead and try, Hazel.

A lot of what's spoken on here is cipher, exchemist. Don't assume literal meanings unless you have an idea of who might be using an open account and how it might relate to social workers, elitists or secret police who commune with your ISP regarding you in your community involving you. I have a thread here called virtual shrinking you should inquire about it. Many people like myself have trouble making abuse by their local community publicized. Edited by OverUnityDeviceUAP

Camellia-Pearl-Maxwell.jpg

Go ahead and try, Hazel. 

Sorry.  I did not mean "can I?".  I meant is it allowed.  Some forums allow it; some do not.  But, nevermind.  I have an email from my friend and she has found it.  An Arum, she says.  Looks like a jack-in-pulpit to me but she's happy.  Thanks a lot.  That's a  beautiful flower, exchemist.

Sorry.  I did not mean "can I?".  I meant is it allowed.  Some forums allow it; some do not.  But, nevermind.  I have an email from my friend and she has found it.  An Arum, she says.  Looks like a jack-in-pulpit to me but she's happy.  Thanks a lot.  That's a  beautiful flower, exchemist.

You mean what we call "lords and ladies"? : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arum_maculatum  This plant has a large variety of names, due to its sexually suggestive appearance. 

(The picture I posted is a camellia. I have three of these in my garden, two red and one very pale pink, almost white.) 

You mean what we call "lords and ladies"? : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arum_maculatum  This plant has a large variety of names, due to its sexually suggestive appearance. 

(The picture I posted is a camellia. I have three of these in my garden, two red and one very pale pink, almost white.) 

Right.  Jack in the Pulpit.  It has one bloom and she says all the leaves become this type of bloom which she calls a bulb.  Problem is the leaves don't match what she first sent me.  At least I don't think they do.

Anyway, she is happy.  So, I shall let it go. At least one thing survived that horrible fire.  And she and the cat escaped.   Thanks again.  Your camelia is beautiful.  Guess I said that.  TTYL.  hazelm