Science Forums

Tons Of Guests

Vmedvil2

oh I know what botnet is. But that would usually have a bunch of unique IP addresses from different suborned machines. This had a few thousand connections each from two specific addresses running back to two major global data-centers, and then a couple hundred individual IP that looked to me to be actually searching though stuff. As I write this right now, Google and bing are each doing a couple hundred connections on THEIR indexing waves. It's just that time of quarter-year again when indexes get updated and people sniff around trying to buy the site.

If there ever was a super-load from a true botnet trying to DDOS...theoretically the host has throttling and protection mechanisms.

oh I know what botnet is. But that would usually have a bunch of unique IP addresses from different suborned machines. This had a few thousand connections each from two specific addresses running back to two major global data-centers, and then a couple hundred individual IP that looked to me to be actually searching though stuff. As I write this right now, Google and bing are each doing a couple hundred connections on THEIR indexing waves. It's just that time of quarter-year again when indexes get updated and people sniff around trying to buy the site.

If there ever was a super-load from a true botnet trying to DDOS...theoretically the host has throttling and protection mechanisms.

Impressed...sounds like you know your stuff bud. Only thing I know about, or heard about, is the ddos acronym. I remember when it starting slowing down gaming servers way back when. Not sure how they prevent it now a days. Maybe like you said, by throttling down (assuming that means choking off some data pipe).