7 replies to this topic

#1 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1616 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:52 PM

So whats up with there being like 4777 guests on this forum on 10/7/2019 @ 1:08 AM EST? Has there been a serious increase in botting or what did I miss?

Untitled.png

Edited by VictorMedvil, 06 October 2019 - 11:13 PM.

#2 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1616 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 11:21 PM

Now 5112 guests 10/7/2019 @ 1:21 AM EST being the most ever on.

Untitled.png

Edited by VictorMedvil, 06 October 2019 - 11:22 PM.

#3 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1616 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 11:35 PM

Now at 10/7/2019 @ 1:33 AM EST 5641 guests online, Guest Botnet? Well, if all you guests are seeing this make an account and join in..........

Untitled.png

#4 GAHD

GAHD

Eldritch Horror

• Administrators
  • 2724 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 11:45 PM

German and Chinese datacenters, probably doing some indexing for their own search engines.

#5 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1616 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 11:48 PM

German and Chinese datacenters, probably doing some indexing for their own search engines.

Makes sense because usually there are not nearly that many, I thought it was a botnet attack.

Edited by VictorMedvil, 06 October 2019 - 11:57 PM.

#6 GAHD

GAHD

Eldritch Horror

• Administrators
  • 2724 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 05:13 PM

oh I know what botnet is. But that would usually have a bunch of unique IP addresses from different suborned machines. This had a few thousand connections each from two specific addresses running back to two major global data-centers, and then a couple hundred individual IP that looked to me to be actually searching though stuff. As I write this right now, Google and bing are each doing a couple hundred connections on THEIR indexing waves. It's just that time of quarter-year again when indexes get updated and people sniff around trying to buy the site.

If there ever was a super-load from a true botnet trying to DDOS...theoretically the host has throttling and protection mechanisms.

#7 Kardashev6

Kardashev6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:05 PM

oh I know what botnet is. But that would usually have a bunch of unique IP addresses from different suborned machines. This had a few thousand connections each from two specific addresses running back to two major global data-centers, and then a couple hundred individual IP that looked to me to be actually searching though stuff. As I write this right now, Google and bing are each doing a couple hundred connections on THEIR indexing waves. It's just that time of quarter-year again when indexes get updated and people sniff around trying to buy the site.

If there ever was a super-load from a true botnet trying to DDOS...theoretically the host has throttling and protection mechanisms.

Impressed...sounds like you know your stuff bud. Only thing I know about, or heard about, is the ddos acronym. I remember when it starting slowing down gaming servers way back when. Not sure how they prevent it now a days. Maybe like you said, by throttling down (assuming that means choking off some data pipe).

#8 LaurieAG

LaurieAG

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1532 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:16 PM

It's not only Hypography as I noticed the same thing yesterday on another site. There's only 448 here at the moment.