Science Forums

For The 'Non-Believers'

Wizdumb

One must also realize that he concept of an "after-life" is not universal among religions. Many eastern religions do not have heaven or hell, but just recycled variances acording to merrit back here on earth.

I have been a life long atheist. My best friend growing up is now a pastor (Which confused many in my podunk little town, but oh well). We had many a discussion about the subject. It basically boiled down to his concern about my soul in hell and my concern with him wasting a great deal of time and energy onto an empty cause. We agreed to disagree. While we have vastly varying starting points, we had very similar views about personal conduct and morality. This can be done irregardless of religious affiliation.

I see life as a single shot (and to my dismay at times I must admit to myself a deterministic one at that and we are just along for the ride), so buckle up, have fun, and try not to puke on your neighbor.

One must also realize that he concept of an "after-life" is not universal among religions. Many eastern religions do not have heaven or hell, but just recycled variances acording to merrit back here on earth.

I have been a life long atheist. My best friend growing up is now a pastor (Which confused many in my podunk little town, but oh well). We had many a discussion about the subject. It basically boiled down to his concern about my soul in hell and my concern with him wasting a great deal of time and energy onto an empty cause. We agreed to disagree. While we have vastly varying starting points, we had very similar views about personal conduct and morality. This can be done irregardless of religious affiliation.

I see life as a single shot (and to my dismay at times I must admit to myself a deterministic one at that and we are just along for the ride), so buckle up, have fun, and try not to puke on your neighbor.

Excellent points all Fish, especially the comment about agreeing to disagree. What frustrates me most of the time about religiosity is; even though I'm a Christain I catch a lot of flack because I believe in natural selection. My fellow believers are continually at odds with me over this issue. And back to the topic of the Non-Believer, I also catch more than my share of greif from the atheists because I'm a believer. Damned if I do, and Damned if I don't.

I'm sure you have been following this conversation kazbadan and you will note that I have warned others about their insulting remarks. I will warn you only once, seeing as you are certainly aware of the warnings I have already given. If you continue to make insulting remarks, I will ask the administrator to either ban you or severly reprimand you for this behavior.

I thought that was obvious that i was kiding with him. I will repeat my behaviour if necessary, because joking and kiding with people in a happy way its what i consider something healthy.

Sorry if my message was looking like an offense.

Besides, you must read it very well: i said: "you are crazy" then i said something more stupid. I just like hte way that he spoke about the afterlife, giving that funny comparison (black forest, elves and so on). I thought that it was funny then i answered in the same coin: in a funny way.

Just that.

I thought that was obvious that i was kiding with him. I will repeat my behaviour if necessary, because joking and kiding with people in a happy way its what i consider something healthy.

Sorry if my message was looking like an offense.

Besides, you must read it very well: i said: "you are crazy" then i said something more stupid. I just like hte way that he spoke about the afterlife, giving that funny comparison (black forest, elves and so on). I thought that it was funny then i answered in the same coin: in a funny way.

Just that.

Yes kazbadan, I see that you were just having a little fun now. Please forgive me for being a little too quick on the trigger. I just got through dealing with a couple off color comments and I was, I admit too quick to judge your intentions............Have a good one.............infamous

ok! no problem! it was just a little mistake! No worry. I am member of other forums and i am always playing with people, because that its good. Everybody knows, in that forums, that i respect them, so you dont need to worry :eek_big:

bye :eek2: ( iam going to sleep now...too late here in Portugal)

ok! no problem! it was just a little mistake! No worry. I am member of other forums and i am always playing with people, because that its good. Everybody knows, in that forums, that i respect them, so you dont need to worry :eek_big:

bye :eek2: ( iam going to sleep now...too late here in Portugal)

Thanks for the reassurance kazbadan, I appreciate your kindness.

I must warn you Southtown, it is against our policy for anyone to make remarks like this. There is no excuse for anyone to use insulting names here at Hypography. Please refrain from such behavior, "a word to the wise is sufficient"...................infamous

Forgive me. But I find the argument incomprehensible that persons claiming to be sinners in need of forgiveness who are shown to be imperfect means that their beliefs are false, or that anyone claiming to be a believer that does not remotely adhere to the teachings of Christ should somehow constitute an adequate representation of such. I am utterly perplexed at the repeated assertion that this reasoning is logical. ... Oh well.

And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love one’s neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

And anyone who claims to follow Him but does not actually do it, is a bigger moron than you are.
Southtown, I have no problem with your theology, I am a Christain myself. The problem we at Hypography have is one of our members calling another a
moron
. Understand, the issue here is not your theology, it's your language.

Yeah, I gathered that. Thank you, and I apologize.
Apology accepted, we all find ourselves failing at one time or another Southtown. I've made more than my share of mistakes also, don't let it bother you too much. Just remember that 100% of the people you deal with in this world also have their own mistakes to deal with. Most of us are honest about the mistakes we make, some of us are not. I'm pleased to see that you are man enough and honest enough.