Science Forums

Chemical Engineering And Heat Author

hazelm

For those familiar with the field of chemical engineering, does the name Maxine V Haynes ring a bell?  She graduated from Purdue University.  Her. B.S. was in chemical engineering (1949).  She is supposed to have written two books and two study guides on Heat.  She and her husband ended up in Rhode Island where she was Career Development Director.    I have a friend who is wanting to find her books.  I have no idea.  I don't read many physics books.

If it helps, her husband (given name?) Haynes, with a Ph.D. in Industrial engineering (1958), was professor at University of Rhode Island.  They gave a sizeable donation to Purdue University.  All these facts were passed to me in hopes I'd recognize her books.  I though of my Physics friends.  Maybe someone recognizes her?  Or her books?

Thank you. 

Do you happen to have her maiden name. Are you sure her husbands name was Haynes and not Haines. It is possible they met in university and married later. too much guessing a fella called Haines did write a book on thermal engineering. But I think he is too young to be your Haines

I am not sure of anything.  I just passed the details as given to me.    I took a chance that someone might recognize her name as an author.  If not, OK.

Thanks.