Science Forums

Threat Perception Vs Frequency

petrushkagoogol

Amuse me, What evidence have you got that light has frequency.

A Photon has energy, I challenge you to define an experiment that indicates it has a frequency :) E = hf is just math. It is not possible to prove light has frequency. Light has a visible spectrum of energy, the human eye does not have resonant circuits, able to discriminate between different frequencies. A polarized radio wave has a frequency a photon does not, it has energy.

Don't be daft. How do you think diffraction patterns arise if light is not a wave? And if it is a wave, it has frequency.

In the absence of anything currently amusing on this forum, it amuses me to toy with Bohemian theory and pilot waves. Which might not be so daft :innocent: , when one considers what might be going on. 

The wave function is a simplified idealized model which does not necessarily model real world interactions. :), it does not take into account the medium a photon is passing through and the interactions the photon/electron may be experiencing.   A photon in the double slit experiment, will interact with the molecules in the air, and even zero point energy :) as it moves towards the slits, its path is not a straight one, as assumed in the idealized wave particle duality point of view.

Photons with different energy levels will be diffracted differently, they have different inertias, it is nothing to do with frequency.

A simplified mathematical model does not necessarily portray what is happening in the real world, all it needs to do is give predictable answers.

Clearly I am bored

Edit https://www.quantamagazine.org/pilot-wave-theory-gains-experimental-support-20160516/

There is a huge amount of uncharacteristic rubbish in what you have posted. But from what you say, perhaps this is a wind-up because you are bored.

OK, I'll bite :).....

1) Of course the wave function takes account of the medium. The medium is polarised by the electric vector of the light wave, I say again, wave, and this leads to a coupling between the light and the medium that alters the phase velocity of the light wave, I say again, wave. This is how refractive index is accounted for in QM.

2) A photon in the double slit experiment barely interacts with the molecules of the air, apart from the refractive index effects above, and most certainly it does not interact with the zero point fluctuations of the vacuum. If it did, it would play merry hell with all the deductions of cosmology that rely on light travelling long distances in space.

3) The path of the photon is not assumed to be a straight one in QM. The wave function explores all possible paths but constructive interference of the wave only occurs close to the path of least time. More here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermat's_principle  

4) Your explanation of light diffraction makes no sense. Laser light gives a diffraction pattern, and in a laser all the photons have the same energy. I repeat: diffraction is a wave phenomenon. 

Edited by exchemist

Oh no, I'm agreeing with XC? The Strange Claims Forum must be an alternate universe of strangeness. Light is the duality of the positional photon and the travelling wave, photons don't travel.

I'm sorry, I think I'm responsible for the funk to these forums. All the people who had counter-opinions to mine are either hiding or have left due to the endless bleakness of my slowly dripping math. Nothing hurts the uneducated brain more than slowly dripping math. I'm having a great time though. I'm excited to turn on the slow drip every day because the feeling I get from it is the euphoria of new discovery. 

Edited by ralfcis

Oh no, I'm agreeing with XC? The Strange Claims Forum must be an alternate universe of strangeness. Light is the duality of the positional photon and the travelling wave, photons don't travel.

I'm sorry, I think I'm responsible for the funk to these forums. All the people who had counter-opinions to mine are either hiding or have left due to the endless bleakness of my slowly dripping math. Nothing hurts the uneducated brain more than slowly dripping math. I'm having a great time though. I'm excited to turn on the slow drip every day because the feeling I get from it is the euphoria of new discovery. 

Ya, I started playing EVE again getting my galactic space overlord on, look at this juicy kill https://zkillboard.com/kill/78465445/

Blowing it up, 50% health

1.png

Dead, we got 30 billion isk(Around $300) in loot

3.png

Edited by VictorMedvil

No you idiot the planck volumes were spheres when the pointers deform the spheres at a rate of number of planck spheres in the universe as the denominator and the numerator being the denominator minus a value of 1 for velocity. The planck spheres keep respawning at the same places each planck time and matter condenses as merely light trapped and these intersections of strings at the surface of these deformed spheroids are in collections of 10^28 string intersections of various charge. Sometimes charge is neutralized by opposing string linearities, gluons and tri neutrinos. The intersections change where they intersect and the particles move at the same velocity as does the sphere deformations. Electrons are considered point particles for this very reason, that they are not the 10^28 intersections but each electron is a single intersection and is dimensionless.

https://www.docdroid.net/Bv8tGM4/the-toe.rtf

welcome back Super.... I mean Hyperpolymath.

Praytell, are you familiar with quantum scale molecular modeling.

Go to Lean (D-wave machine) and apply my principles for a new quantum computer (optical bell entanglement correlator) to drive your mechanical DNA devices and modify my dna in the robitussin

So, wait now you want me to modify your DNA into robitussin(https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/productlist/N=338/1/Brands=yes)

You set me up to post this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehwYjuZ6e_Q

but ya I think the Space-faring Nano-swarms should have Quantum computers within them but that is currently beyond my abilities to make a Quantum computer that is less than a micrometer. They would need such intelligence to mine planets and nebulae for dyson sphere construction.

Edited by VictorMedvil

Yes no the information is dark matter, that is Bell entanglement, entangled time is the quantum eraser...dark energy is simply mother black hole mergers. Think about the private message I sent and this. Collate.

On another note you bring up Dyson Spheres, with the molecular quantum scale modelling of the gray goo you would only need a micro black hole, just a few planck particles merged together from bottom quarks being guided by laser, and these micro black holes will emit gamma rays which can be beamed by the quantum venn diagram paradox and used to make more up and down quarks for a self sustaining, molecule printing self replicating alcubierre craft.

The properties of Dark Matter are unknown as of currently, I dunno if it could be used for a Quantum computer as usually the electron state is used for calculations, as for the dyson sphere, Yes, a Micro black hole would be sufficient but a more massive black hole that doesn't decay would be preferred, if the black hole is small enough it may emit gamma radiation as black hole size is inversely proportional to the heat of the black hole smaller ones would be much hotter and the hawking radiation of a higher frequency and energy.

Edited by VictorMedvil

Distant galaxies are denser galaxies, the CMB is the horizon, it's densest. The center being the bootes void, which is 700 million ly away. So when we look at the CMBR artifact that light had treked a 13.8 bill radius as we spun around the central bootes void so the light hit us at all angles so it was just a CMB radius for galaxies at the edge however it would be a 29 billion ly diameter CMBR artifact...

ya polymath next time you write a paper put units on your calculations, I cannot read that as is math wise. So you are saying that there are a finite number of strings within a space, I agree with that but how did you get the number that you got right there, because it should be

S C3 = (4/3)πR(Lp/Tp)^3 , this yields the movement per planck time for a certain radius, as this is units of planck movement as a velocity volume radius, which Ris the Volume Velocity is (4/3)πR3(Lp/Tp)3Δx3 C3

Edited by VictorMedvil

It might be I am just getting over a virus donated by some Italian sailing clients, or it could be the madness on this forum is catching :)

1) The wave function of a photon, is a probability wave function, ie it is the probability of finding the photon along that path. It is a mathematical convenience perhaps not representing the real world. Probability helps when  it is impossible to pin point an exact location or time when something is going to occur, it does not mean a wave actually travels through space.

2) Er Yes I included the zero point out of bordom. However interactions with real molecules along the photons path in the double slit experiment, will affect its trajectory. A photon in QED is two virtual particles pulled from the vacuum, as it passes through any medium it is continually absorbed and re emitted.

3) I don't think anyone is suggesting the path of a photon is straight, except when zoomed out. Does Huygens principle fall apart? when the double slit experiment is performed in separate labs with a single photon. The superposition principle can not apply in this scenario. But when all the results are brought together you still get the same results as if the experiment was performed in a single lab, firing dozens of photons.

4) Why can diffraction not be viewed via bohemian mechanics as a particle. Diffraction is caused by different refractive indexes in a material, as a photon passes through water its trajectory is bent, as it passes through flowing water it is absorbed and reemitted. Light is definitely affected by the medium it passes through. 

Re (1) this appears to be a somewhat subtle point. Actually, a photon has a wave, not just a wave function. It is a disturbance in the electric and magnetic fields and propagates as a true wave, whereas the wave function of a particle with mass is somewhat different. The distinction is explained in this extract from the Wiki page on De Broglie waves:

Schrödinger's quantum mechanical waves are conceptually different from ordinary physical waves such as water or sound. Ordinary physical waves are characterized by undulating real-number 'displacements' of dimensioned physical variables at each point of ordinary physical space at each instant of time. Schrödinger's "waves" are characterized by the undulating value of a dimensionless complex number at each point of an abstract multi-dimensional space, for example of configuration space."

A light wave involves displacement of real number values of the electric and magnetic fields. So it really is a wave. 

Re (2) no I do not think this is right. A photon is not virtual, it is real and not pulled from the vacuum. 

Re (3) I had understood it was you that was asserting the path of the photon is straight, according to QM.

Re (4), diffraction is certainly NOT caused by  different refractive indices: that is refraction, something quite different. Refractive is something I addressed in my previous post. Diffraction however is strictly a wave phenomenon. The double slit experiment is one example of it. 

That's pretty good but it shows 1 photon out of an entire stream of waves. The debroglie wavelength explains why all fundamental particles are all the same without any warts or growths. The particle has a relationship to the discrete wavelength. Is a ray of light like a string of pearls? I personally think not so I'm against the pilot wave theory because photons don't travel. Is a stationary electron the same thing as an atomic shell or is an atomic shell a pure wave? Quantum theory invents a lot of stuff to say it isn't. There are 9.5 angels dancing on the head of the average pin. These discussions are useless philosophy.