Science Forums

Dark Matter & Scalars

hazelm

That would be interesting if Dark matter existed before the Big Bang would that mean that only "Normal" energy and Dark Energy was made during the Big Bang. Maybe Dark Matter is from another universe obviously.

Edited by VictorMedvil

That would be interesting if Dark matter existed before the Big Bang would that mean that only "Normal" energy and Dark Energy was made during the Big Bang. Maybe Dark Matter is from another universe obviously.

What puzzled me was this paragraph.  (underlines mine)

Using a new, simple mathematical framework, the study shows that dark matter may have been produced before the Big Bang during an era known as the cosmic inflation when space was expanding very rapidly. The rapid expansion is believed to lead to copious production of certain types of particles called scalars. So far, only one scalar particle has been discovered, the famous Higgs boson.

Is it saying the cosmic inflation was before the Big Bang?  I thought we knew nothing of before the BB.  I'm confused?

What puzzled me was this paragraph.  (underlines mine)

Using a new, simple mathematical framework, the study shows that dark matter may have been produced before the Big Bang during an era known as the cosmic inflation when space was expanding very rapidly. The rapid expansion is believed to lead to copious production of certain types of particles called scalars. So far, only one scalar particle has been discovered, the famous Higgs boson.

Is it saying the cosmic inflation was before the Big Bang?  I thought we knew nothing of before the BB.  I'm confused?

Ya, I think this paper has it mixed up cosmic inflation epoch happened after the big bang. This is one of those weird alternate theories.

Edited by VictorMedvil

Victor,  after a neighbor came home and handed me a milk shake at 6"30 AM.  my brain went into a sugar-high gear.  I make no claims for the accuracy of this; in fact, no claims that I even said it.  If it is too bad,  I may even swear I never said it.  But consider this and puncture it with a pin if you can.

Think balloons and what causes them to burst - over expansion.  We do not know what Dark Matter is - if it is.  Suppose the pre-BB dark matter was in rapid expansion and got over-expanded, causing a rupture, i.e., Big Bang.  Why doesn't that make as good sense as anything?  Of course the next question is "what caused the over-expansion?"  Or, back to E. A. Poe's repetitious expansion/collapse, expansion/collapse, identidem.

Now, if someone would just bring me a milk shake for breakfast every morning!  <G>

Victor,  after a neighbor came home and handed me a milk shake at 6"30 AM.  my brain went into a sugar-high gear.  I make no claims for the accuracy of this; in fact, no claims that I even said it.  If it is too bad,  I may even swear I never said it.  But consider this and puncture it with a pin if you can.

Think balloons and what causes them to burst - over expansion.  We do not know what Dark Matter is - if it is.  Suppose the pre-BB dark matter was in rapid expansion and got over-expanded, causing a rupture, i.e., Big Bang.  Why doesn't that make as good sense as anything?  Of course the next question is "what caused the over-expansion?"  Or, back to E. A. Poe's repetitious expansion/collapse, expansion/collapse, identidem.

Now, if someone would just bring me a milk shake for breakfast every morning!  <G>

Well, any matter including dark matter can cause expansion from the solution of general relativity but I don't know if it is possible to over expand something like the universe if in the early universe we had over expanded then during this stage of the universe we should just be about to pop, which the big rip isn't supposed to happen for 22 billion years so I dunno if that theory holds true. I guess it depends on what actually causes a big rip scenario in the universe which is unknown exactly if it doesn't happen then the universe will end with thermal death in hundreds of trillions of years.While I think the universe ends in the big rip I always hope for thermal death or the "Big Chill", but it really depends on what accelerated expansion actually does to the fabric of space-time over the next several billion years. There is no proof for or against the big rip versus thermal death but it depends on how space-time works on a fundamental level. Will the fabric that is our universe break under the stress of Dark Energy and Matter?

big-rip.jpg

Edited by VictorMedvil

Well, any matter including dark matter can cause expansion from the solution of general relativity but I don't know if it is possible to over expand something like the universe if in the early universe we had over expanded then during this stage of the universe we should just be about to pop, which the big rip isn't supposed to happen for 22 billion years so I dunno if that theory holds true. I guess it depends on what actually causes a big rip scenario in the universe which is unknown exactly if it doesn't happen then the universe will end with thermal death in hundreds of trillions of years.

But I am not "letting" the Dark Matter cause an expansion.  My notion is that Dark Matter itself was expanding and went too far, causig it to burst the way a balloon does if you blow into it too much.   Hmmm.  Think of it as a placento if I can go truly wild.  It burst and our universe appeared from within.

How am I doing so far?  :help:

But I am not "letting" the Dark Matter cause an expansion.  My notion is that Dark Matter itself was expanding and went too far, causig it to burst the way a balloon does if you blow into it too much.   Hmmm.  Think of it as a placento if I can go truly wild.  It burst and our universe appeared from within.

How am I doing so far?  :help:

Ya, I dunno if that is possible as not much is known about dark matter but maybe.

Ya, I dunno if that is possible as not much is known about dark matter but maybe.

Speculating is fun - provided we know where we are going.  There is that consistent question:  "what was before the Big Bang?   Dark Matter creating a new universe.  I shall return.

...IF dark matter particles exist. A lot of fascination behind it but I fail to see it becoming a thing of the future without more direct evidence. 

I am always against thought which consider that black hole is some drain which will drain out matter to some another universe & universe is like soak pit where matter go away & away & get defuse.

I personally think that world is made up of expanding universes & contracting universes.

This expansion at some focal points & contraction at other focal points are simultaneously going on.

So, world remain same as a whole.