21 replies to this topic

#1 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 06:38 AM

We hear a lot about the singularity and the merging of humans with machines but we must also think about the things that could go wrong with that scenario if the technology is not used properly there are certain technologies that if abused dealing with Cybernetics and Nanotechnology that would be horrifying if ever used to that end. Today, we are going to have a real talk about the merging of man and machine.

The First Scenario dealing with medical nanotechnology is if abused is what I call the "Borg Issue" what if someone used nano-robotics to enslave and control people's brain and body now it is all and good to talk about using nano-robotics to merge your mind with a machine but with that comes hackers, what if someone used the Nano-robots to control a person's body after hacking the nano-robots in their body, first off we must consider that the hack could not be undone and the process of control could not be overwritten that would mean that there person's free will is being controlled by machines and not the other way around where the human controls the machine. Another terrifying idea about this is what if you were rewriting the person's DNA against their will with these machines, you could do serious harm with Nano-robotics if abused by hackers, there needs to be some sort of measure to protect against hostile overthrows of the machinery and the forced installation of malware into the Nano-robots to prevent someone from making it the "Borg" which derives from star trek where there is one entity is controlling the bodies of nano-technologically enhanced people and forces them against their will to do actions. 

The-Borg.jpg

Secondly, another troubling issue is forced installation of technology into people which has recently become an issue with Wifi chip implants that employers have forced their employees to install microchips in their hands to keep their jobs, this could be illegal because you should not be able to force anyone to install technology into their bodies against their will, but think if implant technology evolves to make that natural someday people could be forced to install mind reading implants which would allow them to monitor your thoughts or feelings. This is the issue where it is just wrong to force people to make implants in my opinion it violates the declaration of humans rights under the U.N. Charter to do things such as this and should be seen as a violation of it. 

chip.png

Well, there are two troubling trends with the singularity that could make it Dystopian I hope they are addressed, feel free to make more suggestions about how cybernetics and nanotechnology could be abused and make the Singularity a hell instead of a heaven.

Edited by VictorMedvil, 02 August 2019 - 06:48 AM.

#2 fahrquad

fahrquad

All I know is that I know nothing.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1205 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 07:14 AM

I am not aware of any employer forcing employees to undergo any form of alteration or augmentation as a condition of employment.  Please provide examples.

#3 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:25 AM

I am not aware of any employer forcing employees to undergo any form of alteration or augmentation as a condition of employment.  Please provide examples.

Here is a link about it, https://www.usatoday...hips/529198001/

#4 fahrquad

fahrquad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1205 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 01:35 PM

Wow, he is a little late, but Big Brother has finally come to town.  I for one refuse to be marked or identified for any purpose.  The last time that was tried it didn't work out so well for those identified.

201081110131303884_8.jpg?fit=735%2C490&s

#5 fahrquad

fahrquad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1205 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 01:46 PM

That particular tattoo on that particular arm belonged to Leon Greenman, a British Jew living in the Netherlands.

Greenman described travelling for 36 hours across Europe with no food or water, to the death camp at Birkenau where upon arrival the snow outside the train was littered with suitcases abandoned by people who had arrived before them. His wife and son were taken to one side and were murdered in the gas chambers[2][5] almost immediately. Greenman was sent in a different direction, one of 50 men selected to be labourers.

Greenman was tattooed on his arm with prisoner number 98288,[6][7] and became a slave labourer. Surviving another sorting after 6 weeks, he worked as a barber, and sang to the kapos in the evenings.[2] He was short – 5'2" or 158 cm – and slightly built, but he later attributed his survival to his physical training and useful skills. He made a promise to God that he would survive and tell others of the suffering in the camps.

He was transferred to the Monowitz industrial complex inside Auschwitz (also known as Auschwitz III) in September 1943, where he was subjected to medical experiments. When the camp was evacuated in early 1945, Greenman was sent on a 90-kilometre death march to Gleiwitz, and then taken in open cattle trucks to Buchenwald. There, Greenman found that the camp guards had fled on 11 April, and the camp was soon liberated by the American 3rd Army.[2] Of the 700 on the train from Westerbork, only Greenman and one other man survived.[2]

https://en.wikipedia...i/Leon_Greenman

#6 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 12:07 AM

Well, it hasn't reach anything as critical as that yet but there is still the possibility that technology could one day be used for things like Hitler did which is why it is troubling, segregation and enslavement is a possibility.

Edited by VictorMedvil, 03 August 2019 - 12:29 AM.

#7 fahrquad

fahrquad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1205 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 01:26 AM

Elie Wiesel, author, political activist, and Nobel Peace Prize Winner got number A-7713 when he was transported to Auschwitz.  His mother and sister were gassed on arrival at Auschwitz, and he and his dad were transferred to Buchenwald for slave labor were his dad was beaten to death the night before the camp was liberated.  He is on the second tier from the floor and seventh from the left.  I am not Jewish, but I think it is important to remember the lessons of the past.

800px-Buchenwald_Slave_Laborers_Liberati

https://en.wikipedia...iki/Elie_Wiesel

#8 hazelm

hazelm

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1042 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 07:59 AM

VictorMedvil said:  Secondly, another troubling issue is forced installation of technology into people which has recently become an issue with Wifi chip implants that employers have forced their employees to install microchips in their hands to keep their jobs,

Victor, are you saying this is actually being done today?  Yes,  I suppose you are.  An employee could avoid that by walking away from the job.  But it could be done by  others in a position to say they were doing something else - like, drawing blood or ---- my imagination runs amok.  I remember stories about installing our ID with our medical records on it for faster access.  What if it were done secretly?  How would you ever know? The story says they are not a tracker but they track lost pets with a chip.  They are doing something similar with pets in case the pets get lost. 

Edited by hazelm, 03 August 2019 - 08:30 AM.

#9 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:06 AM

VictorMedvil said:  Secondly, another troubling issue is forced installation of technology into people which has recently become an issue with Wifi chip implants that employers have forced their employees to install microchips in their hands to keep their jobs,

Victor, are you saying this is actually being done today?  Yes,  I suppose you are.  An employee could avoid that by walking away from the job.  But it could be done by  others in a position to say they were doing something else - like, drawing blood or ---- my imagination runs amok.  I remember stories about installing our ID with our medical records on it for faster access.  What if it were done secretly?  How would you ever know? The story says they are not a tracker but they track lost pets with a chip.  They are doing something similar with pets in case the pets get lost. 

I don't know something just feels off about this, that it is going to be one of those things that is abused. Humans have a remarkable gift for abusing technology and I just have this deep gut feeling that this is one of those technologies that will be abused, consider yourselves warned. It reminds me of this quote about the Mind/Machine Interface,"The Warrior's bland acronym, MMI, obscures the true horror of this monstrosity. Its inventors promise a new era of genius, but meanwhile unscrupulous power brokers use its forcible installation to violate the sanctity of unwilling human minds. They are creating their own private army of demons."

Edited by VictorMedvil, 03 August 2019 - 09:41 AM.

• hazelm likes this

#10 hazelm

hazelm

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1042 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:57 AM

I don't know something just feels off about this, that it is going to be one of those things that is abused. Humans have a remarkable gift for abusing technology and I just have this deep gut feeling that this is one of those technologies that will be abused, consider yourselves warned. It reminds me of this quote about the Mind/Machine Interface,"The Warrior's bland acronym, MMI, obscures the true horror of this monstrosity. Its inventors promise a new era of genius, but meanwhile unscrupulous power brokers use its forcible installation to violate the sanctity of unwilling human minds. They are creating their own private army of demons."

It has been ever thus from Adam's sons.  Always was, always will be.  Each new invention is a new opportunity. 

#11 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 09:43 AM

but think if implant technology evolves to make that natural someday people could be forced to install mind reading implants which would allow them to monitor your thoughts or feelings. This is the issue where it is just wrong to force people to make implants in my opinion it violates the declaration of humans rights under the U.N. Charter to do things such as this and should be seen as a violation of it. 

Isnt that what the internet is used for without brain implants, big brother is watching, dont mention Bombs, Terrorism, Al Queda or you will be watched :shocked:

#12 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 10:32 AM

Isnt that what the internet is used for without brain implants, big brother is watching, dont mention Bombs, Terrorism, Al Queda or you will be watched :shocked:

*pulls out his magnifying glass* I think I am going to have to do a strip search on you at the airport Flummoxed because you said the three no no words. *Watches intensely* :nuke: :rockon2:

Edited by VictorMedvil, 04 August 2019 - 10:37 AM.

#13 hazelm

hazelm

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1042 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 10:56 AM

The way people are letting it all hang out nowadays - telling it like it is  (the new reality),  I don't think we need any mind-reading implants. 

#14 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 03:57 AM

And see this video puts forward the idea of another hell created in the singularity called "When Lawyers,Governments, and Corporations get involved".

Honestly, with all these issues dealing with the Technological Singularity this makes me think the entire idea is fundamentally flawed and is going to be a literal hell, imagine being Immortal like this....... Screw Digital Immortality, this is why I will continue working on biological immortality.

Edited by VictorMedvil, 06 August 2019 - 04:05 AM.

#15 hazelm

hazelm

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1042 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 03:35 PM

Here you are.  Fit a chip into the brain an use your smart phone to find out what's going on in there. A new diagnostic tool. 

https://neuroscience...pulation-14649/

#16 fahrquad

fahrquad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1205 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 08:37 PM

Here you are.  Fit a chip into the brain an use your smart phone to find out what's going on in there. A new diagnostic tool. 

https://neuroscience...pulation-14649/

...and a way to track your whereabouts at all times and who you are associating with.  With future software upgrades the chip may eventually be able to read thoughts or even influence behavior.  I am reminded of the "Attack of the Killer App" episode of "Futurama" where the new "eyePhone" was introduced and a chip was installed behind the eyeball to project the phone screen.  Then "Mom" uploaded the "Twitcher" virus and took over the minds of the masses.  Full episode in link below.

4782567491_ec4ab9fd01_b.jpg

https://kisscartoon....ler-App?id=1421

#17 hazelm

hazelm

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1042 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:15 AM

...and a way to track your whereabouts at all times and who you are associating with.  With future software upgrades the chip may eventually be able to read thoughts or even influence behavior.  I am reminded of the "Attack of the Killer App" episode of "Futurama" where the new "eyePhone" was introduced and a chip was installed behind the eyeball to project the phone screen.  Then "Mom" uploaded the "Twitcher" virus and took over the minds of the masses.  Full episode in link below.

4782567491_ec4ab9fd01_b.jpg

https://kisscartoon....ler-App?id=1421

Oh,  I quite agree.  And there are people who approve of this direction.  I knew one such.  I'm sure there are others.  I am glad I won't be around to see it happen, although it is probably closer than even I realize.