Science Forums

What Is Consciousness?

hazelm

No, people's prophecy does not cause the issue, a prophecy is something we determine from psychic events... But psychic events (under a more rigorous scientific model) would mean that the future determines the past much as our actions in the past can determine the present and statistically affect the future. We cannot erase the past which is already defined, no more we can wish that the holocaust had not happened. However, the future cone also has very well defined parts, its just not as defined as the past, the past truly is more defined than the future in this sense, this is why, certain events, even call them prophecies, cannot be avoided. I wish they could, or I would be more positive about this.

No, people's prophecy does not cause the issue, a prophecy is something we determine from psychic events... But psychic events (under a more rigorous scientific model) would mean that the future determines the past much as our actions in the past can determine the present and statistically affect the future. We cannot erase the past which is already defined, no more we can wish that the holocaust had not happened. However, the future cone also has very well defined parts, its just not as defined as the past, the past truly is more defined than the future in this sense, this is why, certain events, even call them prophecies, cannot be avoided. I wish they could, or I would be more positive about this.

Then join me on my work in time travel maybe together we can find a way to prevent the holocaust and those that come after it, we could save billions of lives!

Edited by VictorMedvil

To do that, would require that the universe does not have many histories. Truth be told, the universe I believe has a well defined initial state, but the states can only be tampered with at subatomic levels in which small back reactions can take place. If changes have to happen, they need to be done now, shaping the present shapes some of the past and can define our futures.

I wouldn't go and say non locality is the reason, because as I keep saying, non locality doesn't mean we should start ignoring the deterministic model of quantum mechanics. As responsible humans, we need to accept where we have gone wrong, otherwise, the world will go up shits creek and continue to do so. Entanglement is an important subject, but it is not all that mystical.

I listened to the entire link, if I understood it correctly, and seriously cutting it down. I think Hinduism is like Pantheism, the supreme deity is the universe and everything in it. We are all part of said universe and therefore already part of god. All other gods are just part of the supreme deity, just different manifestations. So all the other gods Shiva, Vishnu, Brahma are all just aspects of same god. 

The soul/consciousness occupies the body whilst it is alive, and then has options on death. 

The question on rebirth again crashing through the crap appears to be - if you want to come back and do it again you can. 

Buddhism has its origins in Hinduism, except I dont think Buddhism has a god concept. I might be wrong, some else can check.

52 minutes and a few seconds into this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7SQoQj9868 it is suggested that it is conceivable the soul/consciousness is embedded into the universe at the fundamental level via entanglement.

Is it all make believe? 

There is a sure way to find out. Anyone died and being shocked back to life, before on this forum?

I think you hit the nail on the head and understand Hinduism very good. I think not bad for a 5,000 or so old religion. If I were to join a religion I think it would be Hindu although I wouldn't join a religion again but it is nice to study and learn the positive aspects of it. My intuition says it is pretty accurate in a lot of it's teachings. Whether New Agers know it at all a lot of their teachings are like Hinduism such as we are all God.

I would say in many ways Buddhism as some basis on Hinduism like Christianity has some basis on Judaism. Or Judaism has some basis on Zoroastrianism. Even at one time Christianity taught reincarnation but was taken out because the Priests thought they could control the Christians better without a belief in reincarnation. Brings more money to the church. Sad but true.

Well there are many books on near death experiences and people that have researched it. I have to say I am pretty convinced we are Consciousness occupying a human body and once the body dies are Consciousness separates into another dimension. And you don't need some kind of savior god for that to happen or baby Jesus.lol!

Edited by Thoth101

In fact, the final sutra has undertones not too dissimilar to the revelations book of the Bible. All religions/belief systems seem to have the same underlying rules and regulations including predictions. The Mayans are another good example with the previous two, it said the fourth phase of existence would end in fire.

Yes as they say their is nothing new under the sun. There is some truth to the Earth ending in fire. After all in a few billion years the Sun will supernova and bye bye Earth. What gives the Earth life will kill it in the end.

It seems a lot of migration of ideas, has happened between different religions. I personally do not think some one can predict the future, but if you make a prophecy in general terms it can come true. In the past people of gone to war trying it seems to enact revelations. If you check this was I think the start of the crusades. Cults have committed suicide on mass thinking the end of time is coming. When they commit suicide its probably Darwinian natural selection working. When religious people start wars to over throw a group of people from another religion. Thats religious hatred, or spreading the good word depending on your point of view.

The earth will recover from any war we wage on this planet, or any catastrophe, such as meteorites crashing into the planet. It will however be screwed for all time if the sun goes super novae.

Edit the Mayan date has been repeatedly adjusted each time the end of times never happened.

Sorry I didn't read your post yet and I just said the same thing about the sun becoming a super nova. Great minds think alike.lol!

I think some can read the energies of the future. The problem may be their are many timelines and the future isn't fixed it can be hard to give and exact prediction but it does happen with some of these psychics predicting things. I know a few predicted 911 before it happened. But yes the Book of Revelations is so general that you can make anything out of it in any generation just like they have been doing since it has been written. For every generation in the Christian mind it is the end of days and Jesus is coming back. I get a good laugh and I am driving on the Highway and a big sign says Jesus is coming soon. Well I think sure he is because the Sun comes every morning to bring light to the world.

I do think it is still quite strange, that we came to the age of the atom bomb, all the whole Einstein tried to argue we could not extract that much energy from an atom... I think perhaps he may have been lying because he knew these bombs where dealers of death. The fact we live in a nuclear age, may not be a corresponding of people trying reanact revelations, but it is certainly a curious "coincidence" that now the world has never been in such threats. I think prophecy whatever one wants to call it... Can happen. So long as there are retro causal effects happening like the transactional interpretation of physics.

Not to mention I think the book of Revelations may be a playbook for the Elite. It is a Masonic book and no doubt they want the one world leader. But for sure in "Revelations" it says it will be "Jesus". They could make anybody out to be Jesus and the masses will easily fall for it. Look how the "mark of the beast' is coming into play now. You can't do anything without a birth certificate. We got chips in everything to buy and sell and now we have what is called the National ID. Look at how the book "1984" predicted things also. I think the author who I can't seem to think of right now had some inside sources when he wrote 1984. Or maybe 1984 is a playbook also. Hard to say but interesting. It seems a lot of the things we see on TV is also predictive programming. Look at how many times the show the Simpsons predicted what actually happened such as one I can think right off the top of my head Trump being president.

Like I have said if Revelations is due to time travel then it is possible we cannot prevent that outcome however if it was just a book written by ancient people it can be stopped with the proper application of force.

Even if it was due to time travel I don't think the future is fixed. It may be up to the individual on to what timeline you chose. I am sure their is a timeline where it plays out totally like Revelations but you don't have to chose that timeline. If we all create our own reality we don't need to follow somebody else's reality. I know the millions of people that believe in the book of Revelations can make that timeline very strong but you yourself don't have to experience it. The less you believe in that book the less energy you give to it. I know I can't prove this but it is a little something I learned by reading some channeled information. It seems to make sense to me that their are an infinite amount of timelines.

• 2 weeks later...

Since there is some mention on other threads ref paranormal stuff, relating to consciousness, I dug this up regarding collective consciousness, or universal knowledge field. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/328538224_Universal_Consciousness_Collective_Evidence_on_the_Basis_of_Current_Physics_and_Philosophy_of_Mind_Part_1

This concept would appear to cast light on, if correct, the apparent ability to remote view. The possibility that someone could pick up on a dead persons memories, ie reincarnate etc. The first paragraph or so was very interesting, then he gets a bit lost I think, interesting never the less.  

Could you possibly post some of the information from the link on here? Maybe the first few paragraphs or so.

Its a research gate link you cant copy paste it. Its realy just the first paragraph, that caught my eye, looking again this morning, it is not so interesting

$-
8:-(
/
$
" 
,7"  = 
/ 
3:(


            

   
  
(:)


            
                      

    
!@;8;8>

Figure 1: Schematic representation of the circular model on the history of our information universe, with
its central knowledge %eld or universal consciousness (in black), leading to complementary evolution of

the material and mental aspects of reality, %nally producing human and machine intelligence that provide
the %nal technology for rebirth of the universe (Figure taken from Meijer, 2012)

Thanks for trying. I will check out the link when I get home since it is blocked at my work.lol! It looks interesting so far.

Since there is some mention on other threads ref paranormal stuff, relating to consciousness, I dug this up regarding collective consciousness, or universal knowledge field. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/328538224_Universal_Consciousness_Collective_Evidence_on_the_Basis_of_Current_Physics_and_Philosophy_of_Mind_Part_1

This concept would appear to cast light on, if correct, the apparent ability to remote view. The possibility that someone could pick up on a dead persons memories, ie reincarnate etc. The first paragraph or so was very interesting, then he gets a bit lost I think, interesting never the less.  

Damn you are right. I am trying to copy and paste it from home now, If I copy it into the notepad it comes up on a weird amount of numbers.lol! I think you are onto something now the link previously. I am trying to get it up here.

Thanks for trying. I will check out the link when I get home since it is blocked at my work.lol! It looks interesting so far.

Typed it out when all fells from your link:

The concept of Universal Knowledge Field previously framed as Universal Consciousness Cosmic Consciousness. The concept that information can take a universal character and that all information is present in a general knowledge field can be treated from a number of backgrounds and perspectives.
In principal, the item can only approached through a general treatment of the evolution of intelligence and therefore, for us intrinsically based on human knowledge and its scientific concepts: Natural laws

Just finished reading through this link, https://www.jstor.org/stable/23040667?read-now=1&seq=5#page_scan_tab_contents The mind of Wigners friend, from page 5 section 4 it gets interesting. If ive read it correctly, what is suggested is that, there is only one universal consciousness, which we are all part off. Inline with Vedantic Philosophy. http://www.psychpage.com/psych-and-spirituality/vedantic-philosophy-and-psychology.html

Keep reading and finding truth my friend. That is how it is done. Enrich your own mind and pass it on.

I'll pick out some phrases from the link, which is pertinent to the universal consciousness idea.

A. My body with its internal nervous system(explored to any future degree of physiological completeness) functions as a pure mechanism according to the laws of nature. Further more quantum mechanics is the ultimate basis of the mechanism.

B. I am aware that by incontrovertible direct evidence of knowledge (information) entering my consciousness.

The only link for your remote viewing, would have to be entanglement from quantum mechanics. Perhaps its not all bull waste :)

There is some really good information on that link you found. That is for sure. :yes:

:lol: 

I wasnt the original poster it was @Dubbleosix earlier on in this thread, I just did not have the time to read it at the time. He posts a lot of very interesting sometimes controversial stuff. The links he posts are often quite interesting to do a bit of a search on, as he is often barking up the right tree  :shocked: Sometimes however he might be barking :)  

Well credit to Dubbleosix then. I am not sure how I missed that he posted it first. :lol: I guess as long as he is not biting and only barking. :lol: