Photo
- - - - -

Lightning Strikes: Is It Possible To Develop An Early Warning Detector To Save Lives?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rhertz

rhertz

Understanding

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:56 PM

As I read recently, there are three types of lightnings, being the "sky-to-earth" a lethal menace while being outdoors,

even in a sunny day at the beach or a golf course, for instance.

I also read that lightnings propagates at about 2% the speed of light, or close to 3,700 miles/sec.

I've read at different news outlets how this lethal menace is impending on our heads. One thing is to risk your life

going outdoors in the middle of a storm holding an umbrella, but a very and difficult to understand thing is that you

be hit by a lightning being outdoors in a day without a single cloud at sight.

Do you think that some kind of early detector may be developed, giving you seconds to spare your life?

Also, as the lightning path traced by plasma energy is highly non linear, being able to bounce within walls if it gets

into a house, do you know of any protection that we (humans) can use if we receive a warning about a possible strike?

Or are we doomed no matter what, if the warning became a true thing and the lightning strikes the ground within a few

meters from us?

Does this topic belong to plasma physics?

#2 ralfcis

ralfcis

Explaining

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:44 PM

The PKE meter can register a surge when your ghost is about to be released from your body due to lightning.