Science Forums

What Happened To This Forum?

SaxonViolence

Laurie, Can we enlist more moderators to reign in the more unruly members?  I am sure some volunteers will step up if asked.

--Fahr

Can we enlist more moderators? That is a decision for the moderation staff.

But don't for a moment, think you are in a position to think you can select a scientist or armchair physicist to be a moderator, that is out of your hands because you are by definition a crank.... maybe that status will change one day? Only you can prove that.

Can we enlist more moderators? That is a decision for the moderation staff.

But don't for a moment, think you are in a position to think you can select a scientist or armchair physicist to be a moderator, that is out of your hands because you are by definition a crank.... maybe that status will change one day? Only you can prove that.

I don't recall my question being directed toward you.

I think I understand now why people like me have been banned from other forums, this forum is primarily, a liberal forum. Exchemist needs to stop pointing out that people have been banned from other forums, when he himself is not entirely appreciated here. It won't be long until people start complaining about him - his ways are not the ways of other forums. This place, should be, a place of tolerance, but not the tolerance of cranks.

You have not defined a crank or a troll, how will we know who to kick out? Maybe you fall under the banner of crank, as your ideas are unsupported by rationality.

Define crank, so we can know where to draw the line. Also, define Troll.

However, I should add, the issue of free speech does not give anyone a reason, to say what they want. There are standard social boundaries that must be protected.

Yes, Hitler, please show us the way of the final solution to rid the forum of undesirables. (according to your definition, which must be "anyone who does not agree with you")

So what are the "social boundaries" you had in mind, please list them now for review.

I thought the forum already had well defined social boundaries, no profanity, no personal attacks, no calling other members "stupid", etc..

Please tell us by what blessed event made you the sole possessor of all eternal truths? The yardstick against which all others must be measured?

Come now... do you honestly think cranks who hold onto wrong idea's is not offensive to the posters who appreciate science?

I should ask the moderators to ban you for a while.

This objectional post is just wrong on many levels.

First, you unjustifiably class some members as "cranks" (maybe cranks is a word meaning "very clever advanced thinkers"?)

Secondly, claim they hold "Wrong ideas" without showing where they are actually wrong.

Lastly, you insinuate that these people whose only crime is that they don't accept your personal beliefs, don't appreciate science!

This post has NOTHING to do with a science forum, it should be relocated to the Theology Forum, or somewhere else where it can be forgotten.

I should ask the moderators to ban you for a while.

This objectional post is just wrong on many levels.

First, you unjustifiably class some members as "cranks" (maybe cranks is a word meaning "very clever advanced thinkers"?)

Secondly, claim they hold "Wrong ideas" without showing where they are actually wrong.

Lastly, you insinuate that these people whose only crime is that they don't accept your personal beliefs, don't appreciate science!

This post has NOTHING to do with a science forum, it should be relocated to the Theology Forum, or somewhere else where it can be forgotten.

I never realized you had so many problems with grasping reality, but please, be my guest. Go ahead, go ask the moderators to ban me for a while and let's see if it happens.

But thank you for the laugh... as this post you made is funny on many levels. I'll leave others to have a good chuckle at the idiocy of your statements.

Yes, Hitler, please show us the way of the final solution to rid the forum of undesirables.

You could start by leaving the place, stop making up different monikers at the one time or just even... stop pretending like what you say has any substance.

Take your pick.

You have not defined a crank or a troll, how will we know who to kick out?

You think we have to define a crank or troll to know one? It's definitely certain though you have not enough knowledge to distinguish yourself as one, in which case, your delusions are very deep and slightly dark if not disturbing.

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder with a long-term pattern of abnormal behavior characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance, excessive need for admiration, and a lack of empathy.[2][3] Those affected often spend much time thinking about achieving power or success, or on their appearance.[3] They often take advantage of the people around them.[3] The behavior typically begins by early adulthood, and occurs across a variety of social situations.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder with a long-term pattern of abnormal behavior characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance, excessive need for admiration, and a lack of empathy.[2][3] Those affected often spend much time thinking about achieving power or success, or on their appearance.[3] They often take advantage of the people around them.[3] The behavior typically begins by early adulthood, and occurs across a variety of social situations.[3]

Well, I would not go that far, Dubbelosix is not that bad...

He just has no argument than to criticise individuals instead of answering the questions!

Take a look at the last 3 posts consecutive posts he just made, NONE of which attempt to reply to any questions.

They are all just attacks on the person.

Am I wrong?

Actually, go back further, look at his older posts, he never addresses the question asked. Only ever criticizing the individual, or changing the subject, answering the question by wandering off in an unrelated direction.

Don't try and use this stupid argument, there is a big difference between narcissism and a love for the protection of science and the scientific way - also with a dash of enjoying ones own work. Having met sociopaths and even a few psychopaths in my lifetime, I know fine well what a narcissist is. What I am worried is that some of the trolls here are living in some kind of fantasy land.... just as this post demonstrates, you are now hitting out with medical terms you know little about, unless you have been diagnosed yourself on the sociopathic spectrum? I dare say there are many attributes from cranks here who do appear to be on this spectrum.

I'll give you an example,. one of you at least here should know what example  I am talking about... for instance, a poster here (not naming names or extra monikers under the same person) said he did not agree with the way ''how to catch a predator'' happens and that [they] wished to ''hurt them so much'' that they desired underage sex. My opinion of this person rapidly changed - but they were showing other signs of psychosis as well.

Certainly, I am on the autistic spectrum, which could be mistaken that I feel no empathy. But I shouldn't need to explain this to the likes of people like you. But certainly there is a massive lack of empathy when it comes to certain trolls and cranks here, because they don't realize what their own actions are doing to posters here. Personally, I have given up with them and trying to help them, because they cannot help themselves and now they are all butt-hurt over this idea and take it out on me with medical conditions they clearly have no concept of.

Edited by Dubbelosix

Come now... do you honestly think cranks who hold onto wrong idea's is not offensive to the posters who appreciate science

Calling people cranks is not a useful scientific exercise. If you troll people by calling them cranks you are not practicing science you are just just being offensive to everybody else on this forum.