Science Forums

What Happened To This Forum?

SaxonViolence

I would prefer SOME sort of attempt to point out my errors.

But of course your errors have been pointed out to you -- repeatedly -- including by me. Then you just go on to repeat the same old garbage that we have refuted. Same with ralfics.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to further engage with you? We point out your errors and you keep making the same errors!

You are either invincibly stupid or a troll, or some mixture of both. Either way you're a waste of time. 

That's right... you offer nothing you get nothing. Again, if you showed an ounce of humility about your own knowledge of relativity (which again, is extremely limited) then why should people bother with you? I made up my mind a while ago, you feed the cranks here, it gives them a sense of status. 

This is why I won't waste my time with you, you don't deserve to be taught the ways of science. In such a case, you make your bed and lye in it... educate yourself, stop expecting you are so important that I should jump into your posts and give you elongated responses to clearly erroneous statements. It would essentially, be a waste of my time. Not others who could learn from it, just mine. 

What sort of twisted science do you pretend to know?  It's based on what? Your subjective appraisal of the person's humility? You should be doing relationship guidance, not Physics. You never gave an answer because you have none. Time you faced the facts and realised that your beliefs are based on errors.

Maybe you need to try to be a little more humble, give to charity, smile at strangers, help the homeless, that's the path to scientific discovery.

"Just FYI, your posts that I have read are mostly INDUCTIVE reasoning, not DEDUCTIVE reasoning. There's a big difference, and I hope you explore it some day. :)"

I did not attempt to provide a full discourse on the subject, only the highlights. The point being that Einstein failed to provide a rational paper, and failed to use deductive logic.

As presented by Einstein the two postulates are insufficiently defined, and can not be used with deductive reasoning to form a sound logical conclusion.

In fact, they provide an avenue for contradictions and more than one outcome. Therefore, logically speaking, the hypothesis is unsuitable to use as the basis of any theory.

Edited by marcospolo

Indeed, we should welcome posters back, except your disregard for what you call ''uber-geeks'' is highly offensive to the posters here who take their time to help others understand physics. Besides... you are one of the cranks this forum has had to put up with.... and yes, corrections, no matter how minute, should be the pivotal standard of an education. If you ignore it, then you'll never learn. And no, there is no ''belittling'' people of lesser knowledge, but a crank however should reap what they sow.

I find your assumptions that you are one of an elite band of posters that condescendingly provide instruction to the stupid masses offensive.

When challenged by one of the "stupid", you exhibit a consistency that is admirable whilst at the same time, devoid of substance.

Your whole argument hangs on only one claim. That you are a possessor of correct knowledge, and anyone who has a different opinion is therefore wrong.

When challenged, you never respond directly to the challenge subject, rather you resort to the fact that the challenger must be wrong simply because he is not a member of the club.  I was expecting far better arguments to come from Relativists when challenged, but they always duck and dodge, falling back on an Argument from Authority, or an Argumentum ad populum, or Appeal to accomplishment or the Appeal to motive fallacy. Other fallacies Relativists are fond of include: Appeal to tradition, Reification, argumentum ad lapidem, and my favourite is the "Pooh-pooh fallacy" where relativists simply claim that the stupid poster's observations are simply not worthy of serious discussion.

Edited by marcospolo

What sort of twisted science do you pretend to know?  It's based on what? Your subjective appraisal of the person's humility? You should be doing relationship guidance, not Physics. You never gave an answer because you have none. 

You just don't listen do you?

I will not give you answers, because it is pointless. You will always be a naysayer of relativity... What twisted science you must have to entertain to be so subjectively and objectively delusional when errors have been pointed out while ignoring them with the highest impunity.

You just don't listen do you?

I will not give you answers, because it is pointless. You will always be a naysayer of relativity... What twisted science you must have to entertain to be so subjectively and objectively delusional when errors have been pointed out while ignoring them with the highest impunity.

Im sorry, did I miss the post you made in response to this topic,

(Collecting Evidence Negating All Of Einstein's Hypothesies)

explaining in full,  in how my post numbered #2 is incorrect?

I dont think anyone has replied directly.

If you want, after explaining my error of Post #2, you can move on to the rest of the posts from #3 through #7.

Not at all, because I won't fuc-king entertain you. What part of that can you not understand? 

Well please go play in some other topic then, and stop complaining about my posts.

Just pretend I'm not here.

But if you always bit#h about me, then at least have the decency to explain where I'm wrong, as this is supposed to be a Physics discussion, not a lesson in morals and attitude.

Other interested people are posting comments, it's not all about you.

Edited by marcospolo

This is not facebook this is a science forums who cares how many likes you get per post, it is not about if people like your posts but rather about the scientific quality of the posts that you put down. I ****ing hate facebook, go to facebook if you care about likes. I tried to post about science and the status of politics on facebook and had the cops called on me twice for no reason having to explain to them that I was posting about the status of the ISIS war within politics and wasn't actually killing terrorists as that is how dumb people on facebook are. I suppose that shows how "Social Media" effects the brain it has the same effect as methamphetamine rotting it away. If there was a petition to illegalize social media I would be first to sign it as a drug that negatively effects the human psyche as a class of opioid.

There was much more camaraderie <2010 and a lot less trolling as a result. I think the trolls should piss off back to fb and leave hypography alone.

Name        Likes    Posts    Likes per post

Pyrotex    434128    5702     76.1

Eclogite   85636     1477     60.0

CraigD     398736    8034     49.6

Alexander  215058    5722     37.6

Buffy      331669    8946     37.1

Turtle     389588    15452    25.2

Sanctus    80722     4217     19.1

Tormod     167262    14353    11.6

There was much more camaraderie <2010 and a lot less trolling as a result. I think the trolls should piss off back to fb and leave hypography alone.

Name        Likes    Posts    Likes per post

Pyrotex    434128    5702     76.1

Eclogite   85636     1477     60.0

CraigD     398736    8034     49.6

Alexander  215058    5722     37.6

Buffy      331669    8946     37.1

Turtle     389588    15452    25.2

Sanctus    80722     4217     19.1

Tormod     167262    14353    11.6

Define troll.  What was the point back in 2010 when nobody said anything interesting? just repeating the same old same old.

Now more people demand better answers, and we are not getting them.

This is not trolling, is asking for decent answers.

I think I understand now why people like me have been banned from other forums, this forum is primarily, a liberal forum. Exchemist needs to stop pointing out that people have been banned from other forums, when he himself is not entirely appreciated here. It won't be long until people start complaining about him - his ways are not the ways of other forums. This place, should be, a place of tolerance, but not the tolerance of cranks.

Laurie,

I didn't get here until 2011 but there did seem to be some degree of civility back then that is sorely lacking now. The level of scientific discourse appears to have degraded to the point where insults and back-biting are the norm.  Can we enlist more moderators to reign in the more unruly members?  I am sure some volunteers will step up if asked.

--Fahr