Science Forums

Trompe For Energy

I agree that Trump is an abundant source of hot air.  If we could harness that random plume of hot air we might solve our energy needs for decades to come.  :spin:

uploads%252Fcard%252Fimage%252F808083%25

The wife wonders why I refer to him as the "Constipated Carrot".

Edited by fahrquad

hi there

i was looking for discussion on trompe pump for air compression for energy. I did not find any discussion so far. was wondering if anyone here has ideas to share. 

thanks

:help:

Welcome to our newest member.  No question is a dumb question except one that goes unasked so don't be intimidated.  Some of us are more approachable than others, but someone will almost always respond.  :hi:

Well that image came out a bit compressed vertically making it look even tinier.  Here are a few other images and more info.

"How can compressed air fuel a car?  The laws of physics dictate that uncontained gases will fill any given space. The easiest way to see this in action is to inflate a balloon. The elastic skin of the balloon holds the air tightly inside, but the moment you use a pin to create a hole in the balloon’s surface, the air expands outward with so much energy that the balloon explodes. Compressing a gas into a small space is a way to store energy. When the gas expands again, that energy is released to do work. This principle is the basis behind what makes an air car run.

Due to the operating costs and ease of use of the vehicle, the compressed air car is a disruptive technology that addresses one of the issues of electric cars, which is the charging time. In the case of compressed air, the car can be refilled like a gasoline car by transferring compressed air from a compressed air station, similar to the one that exists today at the gas station for the fill up the tires but with larger capacity and pressure in order to refill the vehicles."

thank you appreciate this :)

Welcome to our newest member.  No question is a dumb question except one that goes unasked so don't be intimidated.  Some of us are more approachable than others, but someone will almost always respond.  :hi:

thank you .... clearly i have a lot to learn.