Science Forums

Protect Your Good Health

What kind of 4 legged creature, would you recommend, a horse, hamster, goat, dog, cat, crocodile etc.  

I currently get a 4 legged wake up calls from my neighbours 16 hunting dogs, which he has permanently on leads and never takes hunting, at between 3 and 5 in the morning, and then again at 8 AM when he feeds them. Is that a the sort of 4 legged medicine early in the morning you are talking about :( I am seriously contemplating multiple dogicide, along with rest of my neighbours. 

If it wouldn't bring the SPCH (Society for prevention of cruelty to Humans) barging through the door,  I would suggest another target.  I knew a man who kept his one hunting dog perpetually leashed like that and - like your neighbor - never went hunting.  The poor animal eventually died, still leashed.

A happier thought.  Across the hall from me lives a man with a huge husky.  When I first saw him - the husky - he was nine weeks old and fit into his person's bent elbow.  At about six or seven months he now weighs 50 pounds and is a great bundle of energy.  When we meet as he comes through the hall,  I get my "four-legged medicine".  He is such a joy to tussle with.  Makes my day. 

Can you deal with that?  And, oh yes, this particular husky does not bark.  I am sure you could deal with that. 

In my opinion, dog barking is an inverse function of size.  It is like dog personalities come in one size and they are crammed in whatever sized package that breed happens to be.  This would explain why large dogs are laid back and smaller dogs are high strung.  Pugs are so tightly packed that their eyes are bulging out.

clingy-pug-dog-stays-with-owner-pants-to

Edited by fahrquad

I prefer my dose of good health with scales and fins.  No barking, no walking, no leg humping, no slobbering, and no bad breath.

Pleco-Catfish-620x400.jpg

I miss "Fluffy".  He was 15 inches long when he died.  I really gotta get my tank running again.

Edited by fahrquad

I prefer my dose of good health with scales and fins.  I miss "Fluffy".

lpw3.jpg

In an apartment,  I prefer a cat to a dog.  But my experience with Titus has taught me that you get more active and beneficial results from a dog.  At least from this dog.  My cats have always been lap-sleepers which also put me to sleep.

No matter, even a fish, a bird, a snake - whatever we can interact with -  it's good for us.  And, unlike our human friends, none will go out and say "he said/she said". 

In an apartment,  I prefer a cat to a dog.  But my experience with Titus has taught me that you get more active and beneficial results from a dog.  At least from this dog.  My cats have always been lap-sleepers which also put me to sleep.

No matter, even a fish, a bird, a snake - whatever we can interact with -  it's good for us.  And, unlike our human friends, none will go out and say "he said/she said". 

I grew up with cats and prefer them to dogs by a gazillion to one...in scientific terms.  :Crunk:

I grew up with cats and prefer them to dogs by a gazillion to one...in scientific terms.  :Crunk:

They are easier to take care of, too.  For me in my love of quiet ways, I, too, prefer a cat.  Can't have any more and Titus is my daily dose.  <G> 

Even apartment owners have clued in - unfortunately.  The used to say "no pets".  Now they let us have pets and charge a fortune for the privilege. 

Have you ever been down wind of whale breath. It is bad, very bad. 

Having bad breath doesn't mean one isn't a good person.  Poor whale is living among - and likely swallowing humans' flotsam and jetsam.  Plastic?  Garbage?  Sewer water?  Dead bodies?  Tin cans and old newspapers? 

Need I go on? :-(