Science Forums

How To Get Into A Forum That Firefox Has Blocked - I Think

hazelm

All right.  Since no one knows about CityData forum (I assume),  can you tell me how to get in touch with the owners or whomever of any forum?  What if Firefox blocked this forum,  calling it  insecure and then prevents me from logging in anyway,  what do I do?

Or, maybe a better question is is anyone else using Firefox and having such a problem?  it happened immediately after their last update. 

Anybody?   Thank you.

Try using a different browser and see if it still doesn't show up, that will tell you whether or not it is firefox.

Oh, it told me it was Firefox.  In fact, it attached a long explanaton about the changes in its app and what kind of signals it would be placing for us to recognize a problem.  So, yes, it was Firefox. 

As for "insecure, there is nothing on the entire www internet that is secure.  Long ago  I had a great doctor who refused to put his patients' records online for that very reason.  He preached that sermon.  Anyone who thinks the internet is secure is  being fooled.  It made his hospital association unhappy with him but I liked it and I am sure other patients did.  Where I am now, half the county can read every treatment I have with every doctor or hospital or clinic that is a member of their association. 

Another browser is a great idea that is floating around my addled brain.

That's my opinion and I'm stuck with it.

Edited by hazelm

try using vivaldi. Make sure your firefox is up to date. Use an adblocker, as they might have "unsafe/drive-by ads" that are triggering the unsafe website notification.

Adblocker?  I"ve written myself a note.  I must take a look, though.  Unless I am remembering wrongly, City-Data does not allow ads.  But that may be only in the posts.  Maybe there are ads outside the posts.  I'll find out.  Thank you.