62 replies to this topic

#52 Dubbelosix

Dubbelosix

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2975 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 04:51 AM

Not too sure a de-sitter space can inflate in absence of matter. In fact, I doubt it. 

#53 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:01 AM

Not too sure a de-sitter space can inflate in absence of matter. In fact, I doubt it. 

I have had a good search and can not locate the paper, I give in. I found this little essay, which is mildly interesting https://ned.ipac.cal...Essay_inun.html to me.

The general idea of the paper I was looking for simplified was,  there were never any singularities ever. Space has always existed and expands between galaxies, reaching inflationary levels, resulting in more big bangs etc. 

Looking out into space, (with a blank expression on my face and drooling :) speculating individual galaxies could be the result of individual inflationary stages in the early universe. Inflationary moments between galaxies result in more big bangs and more galaxies filling the gaps and slowing the expansion. Yada yada.  Space is continually trying to inflate, but slows down each time matter is suddenly produced in big bangs. Mass absorbs and distorts space.

Edit is Pi Pi in a black hole and is Pi Pi away from the any mass in space. A Pi 3.14159 on earth is different under other gravities. ??

Edited by Flummoxed, 08 August 2019 - 10:03 AM.

#54 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:20 AM

Just admit it already the Universe was a Ultra Super-massive black hole before it was the universe, you say I am a madman but watch me be right on this one. I am willing to bet you a Dyson sphere that contains the Supermassive Black Hole in the middle of this galaxy that I am right.

Going-all-in.png

and I raise you a Death Star Dyson Sphere!

458820ah-5-1-e1427389147424.jpg

Edited by VictorMedvil, 09 August 2019 - 09:09 AM.

#55 Dubbelosix

Dubbelosix

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2975 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:22 AM

I will admit so much that the early universe has a structure similar to a black hole and maybe that understanding what happens inside of one could explain mysteries of the early universe. 

#56 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:54 AM

Just admit it already the Universe was a Ultra Super-massive black hole before it was the universe, you say I am a madman but watch me be right on this one. I am willing to bet you a Dyson sphere that contains the Supermassive Black Hole in the middle of this galaxy that I am right.

and I raise you a Death Star Dyson Sphere!

I am not sure if it is Podolskis ideas you are referring to or some other Black hole universe. I have looked at this, but don't think it works.

The intriguing thing is the similarities between all the different theories. Pondering the concepts of a collapsed 5th or N dimensional blackhole singularity the ER = EPR conjecture, entanglement and a membrane connecting all points in space (to some extent) is intriguing. 

I don't gamble, so wont raise you but I will flip you. The concept of what space is, is hardly ever discussed.

There is at least two sides to every argument. Zero space and infinite space could both exist at the same time via adding a membrane, to normal space time. When normal space time collapses inside a black hole, all that is left is the membrane connection, > ER = EPR > Membrane of space.  

Its not space as we know it victor, but it is space. 

I hear Eric Verlinde is rewriting and simplifying his hypothesis. He doesn't need hypothetical Dark Matter and he can explain Dark Energy, cosmological constant 

#57 Dubbelosix

Dubbelosix

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2975 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 03:46 AM

I hear Eric Verlinde is rewriting and simplifying his hypothesis. He doesn't need hypothetical Dark Matter and he can explain Dark Energy, cosmological constant 

I hope this is true, as he would really be paving the right way. I just hope inertia as a gravitational drag goes noticed in his application of my work extending his. 

#58 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 11:58 AM

I hope this is true, as he would really be paving the right way. I just hope inertia as a gravitational drag goes noticed in his application of my work extending his. 

It was reported recently, so wait and see. His original ideas went around the houses in a convoluted approach , hopefully a direct approach will simplify his ideas. 

I missed something, where did your ideas envelop Verlindes and extend them ??? I have read your gozzintas :) for a while and haven't noted a similarity between your ideas and Verlindes. Ayuda me faz favor. 

Victors comments, whilst being from a MAD MAN might be the sanest thing I have seen him write on this forum. What I am suggesting  is when we invert a black hole singularity, we have a membrane. ie a membrane is a inverted singularity. Amusingly information transfer via a membrane might transfer gravitational forces but why not other forces :) Victor might be mad, but not as mad as is possible.

The nice thing about this forum is we can explore lunatic ideas, which other serious science/physics forums don't/wont/cant  discuss, so why not throw a few ideas around. 

#59 Dubbelosix

Dubbelosix

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2975 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:12 AM

It was to be found here: https://www.quora.co...ctpkjczfcviwugm

My work unified the notion of the Fresnel dragging coefficient with that of known entropic gravity, except, I do not adopt any holography. 

I missed something, where did your ideas envelop Verlindes and extend them ??? I have read your gozzintas :) for a while and haven't noted a similarity between your ideas and Verlindes. Ayuda me faz favor. 

#60 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 04:38 AM

It was to be found here: https://www.quora.co...ctpkjczfcviwugm

My work unified the notion of the Fresnel dragging coefficient with that of known entropic gravity, except, I do not adopt any holography. 

Enlighten me, this is the latest paper I have found on Verlindes emergent gravity dated 2018, https://scipost.org/...hys.2.3.016/pdf it is a few pages shorter than his previous 2013 ish paper. Where does your work link into his ?

PS only just found this paper so will be absorbing for a day or two. 

#61 Dubbelosix

Dubbelosix

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2975 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:34 AM

I cannot access the paper, does it have a name?

#62 Dubbelosix

Dubbelosix

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2975 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:35 AM

If emergent gravity is related to thermodynamics, then his theory can incorporate mine, its just that we view heavenly bodies as dragging on each other - coupled with other classical forces, like the centrifugal force and centripedal forces.

#63 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 08:28 AM

I cannot access the paper, does it have a name?

I have no problem, perhaps it is due to your geographical location. The paper is dated 2016, published in sci post in 2017. 

Emergent gravity and the dark universe
Erik Verlinde
Delta-Institute for Theoretical Physics, Institute of Physics, University of Amsterdam, Science Park 904, 1090 GL Amsterdam, The Netherlands