• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fahrquad

fahrquad

All I know is that I know nothing.

• Members
  • 1131 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:33 PM

I was just notified by e-mail that I have won the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes.  See, people actually do win with PCH.  My prize check should arrive in 3-5 weeks.  Yep, that $5.00 check will go a long way toward paying for my insulin to keep me alive.  Good times...good times.  :oops: On a positive note, we shouldn't be hearing from these bozo's for a while.

#2 OceanBreeze

OceanBreeze

Creating

• Moderators
  • 1034 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:57 PM

Congratulations! Don't spend it all in one place.

#3 fahrquad

fahrquad

• Members
  • 1131 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:00 AM

Congratulations! Don't spend it all in one place.

I am thinking of just framing it as a reminder of what fools all dreamers can be.

#4 fahrquad

fahrquad

• Members
  • 1131 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:07 PM

Woo hoo!!!  My Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes winnings came in today's mail.  Security must not be a big priority since it came in a #10 window envelope with "Prize Check Enclosed" in bold print under my address.  If I still smoked, that $5.00 wouldn't even buy me a pack of generic butts. Yeah, I think I am going to frame that sucker just for the halibut.  The odds of winning were pitifully small to start with, but odds of winning again (with any significant amount over $5.00) are astronomically small.  Any statisticians want to crunch the numbers for their own amusement?  Alternatively do any astronomers want to lecture me on how inaccurate the statement "astronomically small" is?