Science Forums

How Would Life Be Altered If Our Moon Had Its Own Moon?

andytak3740

Hello everyone, 

I thought I would post a fun little concept up for discussion. What would life be like if our moon had its own moon? One that is spherical and orbited it at a decent pace. Could such a change drastically effect tides, eclipses, evolution, and etc? Plus. If we could construct a synthetic and miniature moon to put in its orbit would you agree to do it? Personally, I thought it would be a cool aesthetic if we could pull it off.

What do y'all think?

Hello everyone, 

I thought I would post a fun little concept up for discussion. What would life be like if our moon had its own moon? One that is spherical and orbited it at a decent pace. Could such a change drastically effect tides, eclipses, evolution, and etc? Plus. If we could construct a synthetic and miniature moon to put in its orbit would you agree to do it? Personally, I thought it would be a cool aesthetic if we could pull it off.

What do y'all think?

I would like to add that we do have artificial objects in orbit around the Earth from space debris to space stations.

• 1 month later...