Photo
- - - - -

How Would Life Be Altered If Our Moon Had Its Own Moon?

Moon Orbit Satilite

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andytak3740

andytak3740

Thinking

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:08 PM

Hello everyone, 

I thought I would post a fun little concept up for discussion. What would life be like if our moon had its own moon? One that is spherical and orbited it at a decent pace. Could such a change drastically effect tides, eclipses, evolution, and etc? Plus. If we could construct a synthetic and miniature moon to put in its orbit would you agree to do it? Personally, I thought it would be a cool aesthetic if we could pull it off.

What do y'all think?

#2 fahrquad

fahrquad

All I know is that I know nothing.

• Members
  • 1053 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 09:10 PM

Considering the strong gravitational interaction between the Earth and the Moon it is highly unlikely that a natural object could be in a stable orbit around the moon.  As an alternate though exercise, consider what life on Earth would be like without  moon.

• andytak3740 likes this

#3 fahrquad

fahrquad

All I know is that I know nothing.

• Members
  • 1053 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 09:13 PM

Hello everyone, 

I thought I would post a fun little concept up for discussion. What would life be like if our moon had its own moon? One that is spherical and orbited it at a decent pace. Could such a change drastically effect tides, eclipses, evolution, and etc? Plus. If we could construct a synthetic and miniature moon to put in its orbit would you agree to do it? Personally, I thought it would be a cool aesthetic if we could pull it off.

What do y'all think?

I would like to add that we do have artificial objects in orbit around the Earth from space debris to space stations.

#4 andytak3740

andytak3740

Thinking

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 01:07 PM

Thanks for the post fahrquad. The question is merely an idea I though would have been a neat concept. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Moon, Orbit, Satilite