Science Forums

Reversible Super Soldiers

Vmedvil2

Also no reverse, but highly maneuverable.  Can fit one soldier and some gear.

800px-BMW_Isetta_-_Flickr_-_mick_-_Lumix

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isetta

800px-PeelTrident.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peel_Trident

800px-Messerschmitt_Kabinenroller.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_KR200

Yes, the first one was actually a BMW, and the last one is a Messerschmitt minus the machine guns.

Edited by fahrquad

...but seriously genetically, biologically, or mechanically altering humans for military applications is unethical and probably illegal even if the procedure was fully reversible.  That is the sort of thing we make killer robots for.

MOU1578sq-770x730.jpg

The Three Laws of Robotics:

1: A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm;

2: A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law;

3: A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

• 1 month later...

Friends,

You aren't going to alter me and send me into the most dangerous frontline missions UNLESS it is specified that I get to keep all the special abilities. That would be my sole reason for taking the job and risking my neck.

You see the idea of taking away powers in Comics, Anime and SF Movies a lot.

Once someone HAS an ability—whether they were born with it, gained it through accident or science...

Taking AWAY that ability is the moral equivalent to gouging out their eyes or cutting off their hands.

If they misuse their ability to cause serious harm—be merciful and simply execute them!

For instance:

"You can read minds. You have a choice. We can burn that ability out of your brain or we can execute you."

"Kill me MF!"

Though I believe that even offering a choice is cruel, because some people under duress may make the wrong choice out of a cowardly fear of death.

{Not even cowards deserve mutilation…}

…..Savon Violence 

The Three Laws of Robotics:

1: A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm;

2: A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law;

3: A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

How often are "Laws of ......" obeyed or enforced?