Science Forums

Why Do I Hate Everything And Everyone?

Virtual

You want to know the funny thing about us rednecks from the south. We constantly get trashed as dangerous, racist, homophobic, gun-nut hicks, but really, we aren’t trying to change other people or convert them to our way of life. Most of us just want to be left alone with our guns, our land, and our culture.

But it seems that we can’t just bask in our escapism anymore. Some of our government seems to think they have the right to abolish our self-determination, remove our freedom of speech and association, disenfranchise us, and undermine our values.

This is why I mentioned that I’m upset by the forced shift in ethnic and cultural composition of this country. It is no secret that high-trust societies begin with shared values, and often, shared blood. I don’t hate or begrudge a single human being on this planet, but damnit enough is enough with the designed invasion on my country and culture.

Well howdy neighbor!  I am in Upstate SC, where you at?

On the topic of hate, I have been exploring another site that is non-science oriented known as GAB.  Opinions there are a dystopia of anti-government/pro-gun sentiment that frequently crosses the line into hate speech.  I feel out of place there, but it is like driving by a fatal car wreck.  You don't want to, but you can't look away.

https://gab.com/home

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like I find myself hating virtually everything and everyone. I completely abandoned contemporary popular culture, music, movies, and television well over a decade ago when I was just in my early-mid teens. I haven’t consumed a single bit of it since. I did so because I found most or all of it to be vapid garbage, intentionally fabricated to be so. I regard the overwhelming percentage of what people do to be vapid garbage for that matter... I’m not fighting the fight anymore. I’ve lost my soul, and with it my concern for what happens to this world.

Upon further reflection, I think you might be ideally suited for a career in the Department of Motor Vehicles.   :hammer: