Science Forums

Theology Overrides Science

petrushkagoogol

He doesn't, not at all. Really no. I can't stress this enough. So very bad.

I really should let this pass without comment, but I've decided not to.  Awal religiously clings to "scientific" views which he doesn't understand.  As a result he is utterly incapable of defending the pontifical pronouncements which he makes with such devout belief and self-certitude on the topic.

Being defenseless, he instinctively resorts to the position that anyone who corrects him must be wrong. 

Edited by Moronium

Anything an angry Christian such as Moronium says can be taken with a grain of salt. It's their pain they have to suffer when they promote that whcih the modern world now understands as foolish superstitious beliefs. 

The more they're kept harping on defending their nonsense, the more pain they have to bear. I'm interested in keeping him going!

Oh he's a Christian, that explains a lot! I had my suspicions. :)

I don't buy this.  If anything the opposite is probably true these days.  The atheists are among the most intolerant and authoritarian groups that can be found, and their "discrimination" against religious types is quite apparent and often quite passionate. Take Stalin as a prototype for this.

What planet are you from? There is nothing to atheism other than a lack of belief in gods, there is no dogma, no requirements to enforce rules on anyone else. The religious, in the USA anyway, are persecuted because they are losing their right to persecute others, losing their right to privileges they deny everyone else. 

Stalin may have professed atheism but he was a totalitarian dictator who persecuted anyone who disagreed with him about anything for any reason. He allowed religion, it just had to be the version he approved of... 

I really should let this pass without comment, but I've decided not to.  Awal religiously clings to "scientific" views which he doesn't understand.  As a result he is utterly incapable of defending the pontifical pronouncements which he makes with such devout belief and self-certitude on the topic.

Being defenseless, he instinctively resorts to the position that anyone who corrects him must be wrong. 

I quite well understand science, the large majority of it is can be tested by me or you to see if it is true or not. I use science in my daily life as do you, in fact both our lives depend on science. Take away science and the findings of science and thousands die immediately, millions within months, billions within a year. Pray for medicine, pray for clean water, pray for food, pray for a warm or cool house, pray for transportation, pray when your heart stops beating, while you are praying with one hand spit in the other hand and see which one gets full first... 

One thing it clearly explains is that neither you nor Monty can even read, Awol.  See post #35, for example.

I read this:

Anything an angry Christian such as Moronium...

I think he was trying to accuse me of being a Christian as well in another thread. He must be paranoid, he sees them everywhere.

What is there to begin, Dave?

You started it up again Moronium, when you should have just let it go.

You said:

I really should let this pass without comment, but I've decided not to.

Welcome back!

Are you willing to talk about your childhood indoctrination into religion? Can we use you as an example of a higher than average intelligent person not being capable of escaping that indocrination? 

Or do you discount the whole idea of indoctrination at an eary age capturing your mind for the rest of your life?

If you accept the theory, is it a good thing to be influenced in that way for the rest of your life? Has it 'delivered you from evil'? 

Are you willing to talk about your childhood indoctrination into religion? Can we use you as an example of a higher than average intelligent person not being capable of escaping that indocrination? 

You double down on the illiteracy which has already been pointed out to you several times, eh?  What else is new?  Your narcissistic solipsism aint never gunna change.

You double down on the illiteracy which has already been pointed out to you several times, eh?  What else is new?  Your narcissistic solipsism aint never gunna change.

If you deny that you were indoctrinated into religious believing as a child then just say so. 

I've given you the opportunity to otherwise say that you would consider it a good thing. That's what I meant when I asked you if it 'delivered you from evil', so to speak.

You can't claim the luxury of being ashamed of your religious convictions Moronium. If you can't stand your ground then you won't be able to keep coming back to defend it.

Tell us something about how theology overrides science at least?

Why would I bother to say anything to a person who can't read to begin with?

Tell me all about how I can't read.

But stop pretending that you're not afraid  to comment on the question I've asked you. 

And if you're not going to defend your religious superstitious beliefs then you're no use to us on this thread. 

Eh?

• 2 weeks later...