Science Forums

To Sleep, Perchance To Dream...

fahrquad

Allegedly sleep is necessary for human physical and mental health.  I am currently in day 3 of an experiment on myself that I don't want to conduct.  I have always had insomnia, but 3 days is a new record for me.  I have used Ambien, Lunesta, and Sonata in the past, in addition to alcohol, Methaqualone, and Benadryl.  The prescription stuff quit working over time, Qualudes are illegal, I can't have alcohol due to health issues, and the 50 mg Benadryl I took 4 hours ago hasn't helped.  If the wife hadn't left for church I would ask her to hit me with a baseball bat.  I have a minor psychotic episode coming up in 5...4...3...2...

:out:

I sold my .40 semi-auto and my .38 double derringer several years ago after the wife's 2 year old nephew accidentally shot himself, and she was too afraid of guns to have them in the house.  With all of the home invasions in the news, and the fact that I am at home 24/7 these days, I am thinking about buying a little 9mm and not telling her.  Also having a gun store and indoor shooting range just up the street makes me think about buying.  Maybe I need to login to a different forum... :frown:

I finally passed out a couple of hours after writing that.  I was awake again about 4 hours later.  I may have to try a more reliable sleep aid (i.e. 9mm). :eek:

I am wondering if this particular round of insomnia has been caused by quitting smoking (see Addiction Thread).

Edited by fahrquad

I did finally pass out for a few hours.  I could always try the Benzodiazepines (Valium, Zoloft, etc...) and the Nonbenzodiaepines that haven't already failed (Ambien, Lunesta, and Sonata do nothing).  Unfortunately, I will eventually develop a resistance to whatever the doctors prescribe.  The sound of my wife snoring like a warthog down the hall while I am wide awake at 4:00am is really annoying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonbenzodiazepine

Edited by fahrquad

I have an air rifle that I use to shoot .177 pellets at squirrels, so no darts.  Anyhow all of those drugs are heavily regulated, so I am back to a baseball bat.

Several immobilizing drugs have been devised for use in tranquillizer darts.[6] These include:

I do have a buttload of 1ml. 6mm x 31gauge syringes in the kitchen though.  Just nothing to put in them besides insulin.

Edited by fahrquad

...The sound of my wife snoring like a warthog down the hall while I am wide awake at 4:00am is really annoying.

Before anyone gets upset with the video, I am just trying to demonstrate what the wife's snoring is like.   My petite flower looks nothing like the picture... her tusks are way shorter.  Bah-dum-bah  :drummer:

Edited by fahrquad

Perhaps you could ask your wife to give progressively harder blows on the head with a mallet until she finds the right amount of force to knock you out. 

Bed time darling, you might be too traumatized to sleep. :)

Funny you should mention a mallet.  I have an orange polyurethane mallet full of lead shot a few feet away that I was using to assemble furniture.  It shouldn't leave any permanent marks.